Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t and think it’s pretty pathetic if people do. Just scroll on by how long does that take. That being said I am sure that many people have me on ignore

I think you might find it is to do with mental health - not so pathetic.

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t and think it’s pretty pathetic if people do. Just scroll on by how long does that take. That being said I am sure that many people have me on ignore

Agreed, it’s a fcking anonymous internet football forum, can’t be getting triggered and/or existing in an echo chamber whilst using it. That being said I can rarely see usernames on the forum so I don’t have an option to click ignore LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not buying that.

It may be true in some cases -maybe.

But when you ignore someone for disagreeing with you, or having a different viewpoint - and then bragging that you ignore anyone who disagrees with you - that’s being a spoiled child who honestly has no clue what the point of a “discussion” form is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreed, it’s a fcking anonymous internet football forum, can’t be getting triggered and/or existing in an echo chamber whilst using it. That being said I can rarely see usernames on the forum so I don’t have an option to click ignore LOL

On the subject of this thread - I have no idea why my phone defaults to capital LOL when I type LOL

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's quite quick to assume.

Can you read others' minds at the time that they block someone?..

23 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Am I the only regular Foxestalk poster that has doesnt have anyone in their ignore list?

If people have to tolerate my verbal bollocks then its only fair for me to tolerate theirs :)

In my time on here I've only ever had two posters on ignore.

Then I noticed it still says on a thread if one of their posts is 'hidden' and you get the choice to read it or not.

Found myself reading their posts out of curiosity and then thought "if I'm still reading their posts, why have I got them on ignore?" :D

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, marbles said:

Not buying that.

It may be true in some cases -maybe.

But when you ignore someone for disagreeing with you, or having a different viewpoint - and then bragging that you ignore anyone who disagrees with you - that’s being a spoiled child who honestly has no clue what the point of a “discussion” form is.

You're making a lot of presumptions about why people use the ignore feature.

Also, there is no 'point.' The forum is to each user what they want it to be. Not everyone has to want it to be for them  what works for you.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:
12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's quite quick to assume.

Can you read others' minds at the time that they block someone?..

Did his use of the word 'might' pass you by here?

Well.

I can only speak for myself, can't I? I think to take it that blocking people is pathetic is pretty assumptive too. People are welcome to disagree with me, I can only tell you I block people because of the way they put stuff, not necessarily because of the content. Call me judgemental if you must, my back is broad.

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Found myself reading their posts out of curiosity and then thought "if I'm still reading their posts, why have I got them on ignore?" 

Because most of the time they're a twat but you give them a chance to not be a twat sometimes, especially in a thread you're interested in?

And if it turns out they've stopped being a twat, you can always unignore them. I've done that several times.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Bowman said:

You're making a lot of presumptions about why people use the ignore feature.

Also, there is no 'point.' The forum is to each user what they want it to be. Not everyone has to want it to be for them  what works for you.

Not really making assumptions.

Was referencing the actions of two people in particular who have done exactly what I alluded to - therefore, not an assumption.

You are correct.  Not everyone comes for for discussions, or uses the forums in the same way I do.  
Sometimes I forget that.

• Like 1

I ignore people at the drop of a hat. Not just for being a repulsive moron, or a racist goon, but for making an unfunny joke, or just being boring.

Or indeed for dropping a hat. Hats are expensive and should be looked after.

People have every right to do the same to me, I'm not going to criticise them for doing so. Most people probably find me an insufferable tit a lot of the time. Who cares?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't ignore anyone, to do that would be missing the point of the melting pot of opinions we share here surely? If I want to engage with people I agree with all the time I wouldn't be here lol

Agreed. Also what if you had someone on ignore but they then posted something hilarious or very informative and you missed it. 

I am going to change the subject, or try to.

I went to the funeral of my therapist today, who did me so much good for so many years. I only learned today what an incredible life she had had, how brilliant, talented, diverse and energetic she was and how deeply loved by so many people she was too. It was an incredibly moving occasion.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Agreed. Also what if you had someone on ignore but they then posted something hilarious or very informative and you missed it. 

Yep, potential absolute FoxesTalk nightmare, imagine having one of the prolific posters on the Eurovision thread on ignore? You'd potentially miss out on FT history being made

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am going to change the subject, or try to.

I went to the funeral of my therapist today, who did me so much good for so many years. I only learned today what an incredible life she had had, how brilliant, talented, diverse and energetic she was and how deeply loved by so many people she was too. It was an incredibly moving occasion.

Now my post above yours seems pretty crass, I'm sorry. 

Now my post above yours seems pretty crass, I'm sorry. 

Thank you, but there's no need to apologise to me. It was a celebration of an incredible life, and she goes with me in mind and spirit anyway - so in that sense, she lives on.

Perhaps, though, with all I went through, people can think on as to my motivations at times. I try to avoid things outside of myself I find to be unhealthy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you, but there's no need to apologise to me. It was a celebration of an incredible life, and she goes with me in mind and spirit anyway - so in that sense, she lives on.

Perhaps, though, with all I went through, people can think on as to my motivations at times. I try to avoid things outside of myself I find to be unhealthy. 

Thank you, and I hope today went as well as could be expected. 

I think you'd possibly be surprised at how many people take notice of what you say here. 

• Like 1

Thank you, and I hope today went as well as could be expected. 

I think you'd possibly be surprised at how many people take notice of what you say here. 

Probably, possibly. It's kind of you to even suggest that.

It was a privilege to attend, difficult though it was to say goodbye.

44 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

I ignore people at the drop of a hat. Not just for being a repulsive moron, or a racist goon, but for making an unfunny joke, or just being boring.

Or indeed for dropping a hat. Hats are expensive and should be looked after.

People have every right to do the same to me, I'm not going to criticise them for doing so. Most people probably find me an insufferable tit a lot of the time. Who cares?

Don’t block me for the laughing emoji, you comment is funny!

• Haha 1