Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

8 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Stories like this on the BBC. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65887990

Seen a few of these in the last weeks/months. Who actually gives a ****? Welsh event/place/whatever starts using only a Welsh name. Woo? How the hell does it make national news? lol

You've clicked on a link that takes you to a Welsh regional story and then wonder why you're getting Welsh news. :facepalm:

• Haha 2

On 12/06/2023 at 13:36, bovril said:

I know one shouldn't but I'm really enjoying the pile on of Jake Humphrey. Impressive that he makes Chris Sutton only the second most annoying person from Norfolk on BT Sport. Sure his Mum loves him.

He was still doing a paper round at 26 or something. I'm sure his sob story will get its annual airing soon.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

I like hot drinks during this time of year.

Coffee in the morning, tea after dinner.

It's quite refreshing.

People in hotter climates tend to drink hot drinks to cool off.

It raises the internal temperature and acts to make the body work to cool itself down internally and over the long term, rather than the short term of cool drinks.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Stories like this on the BBC. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65887990

Seen a few of these in the last weeks/months. Who actually gives a ****? Welsh event/place/whatever starts using only a Welsh name. Woo? How the hell does it make national news? lol

It is entirely up to them I guess, but no doubt it will then also be news when numbers drop because no one has a clue what the Eyriri marathon is.  Unless they have been watching Springwatch, which said it about 300 times the other week.

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

It raises the internal temperature and acts to make the body work to cool itself down internally and over the long term, rather than the short term of cool drinks.

Except Aussie.  Ice cold beers all the way! Hooroo.

If this heat keeps up, you mother****ers better post nice things about me on the "Deathlist" thread. 

I'm an overweight scottish guy and it's been around 25+ for going on two weeks now... It's not in my genetic makeup to survive this. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

If this heat keeps up, you mother****ers better post nice things about me on the "Deathlist" thread. 

I'm an overweight scottish guy and it's been around 25+ for going on two weeks now... It's not in my genetic makeup to survive this. 

....nah, dude - have a look at the Sci/Tech thread. "It's summer", apparently. :dunno:

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

....nah, dude - have a look at the Sci/Tech thread. "It's summer", apparently. :dunno:

Summers in Scotland mean it only rains for 3 hours a day. This isn't summer, this is some bullsh!t!

48 minutes ago, Scotch said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13827091

18 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Bang on.

Nerves in our mouths and in our upper digestive tract respond to the heat of the beverage, stimulating the brain to produce more sweat. And as it evaporates, the sweat effectively cools you down. Water evaporates very quickly from the skin. And when water evaporates, McNaughton explains, "that cools you down."

3 hours ago, Scotch said:

In that case shouldn't your avatar location be "Large, Scotland"? lol

Edited by Parafox

36 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Had a q&a and dinner with Gabby Logan. She is very down to earth with a really interesting and varied career background, and unbelievably attractive for a 50 year old. I’m smitten 

Have you seen her in that "Freeze The Fear" a load of celebs did with Wim Hof? She told a lot of personal stuff about her life in that. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/freeze-the-fear-gabby-logan-grief-brother-091353186.html

Wasn't a bad series. Should still be on iPlayer I think. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p0bwtn6q/freeze-the-fear-with-wim-hof&ved=2ahUKEwiT89_7rsb_AhUUoVwKHUJZDUkQFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1RLVFh749wjje6F7OmAGNJ

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1