Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

I’m just coming on here to vent after another ‘spirit of the game moment’ it’s been a hot topic of late and I had my own moment this evening.

I play futsal in an old man’s social league - it can get pretty competitive at times but all good natured.

Today I was playing in goal - we were already 4-0 down when the incident happened.

The opposition had a shot and I channeled my inner FA Cup final Kasper Schmeichel and dived down low to tip the shot around the post - now at my age it takes me a while to get up and whilst a team mate was pulling me back to my feet - the other team took a quick corner and scored a fifth goal. It was within the rules of the game, but left a filthy taste in my mouth and it’s fair to say I was pretty pissed off! 

Same old Aussies always cheating!

8 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

People keep going on about how AI is going to kill us all, but if it keeps churning out stuff like this I'm all for it

I need a full 90 minutes of that.

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

I need a full 90 minutes of that.

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

We ALL need a full 90 minutes of that

There's some suspicious looking mushrooms growing behind my garden shed if you want to give it a go lads. 

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's some suspicious looking mushrooms growing behind my garden shed if you want to give it a go lads. 

I was trailed by aliens hiding behind trees the last time. Then, as I was calling my dad to come and get me from the next village at four in the morning, giant spiders started climbing on the phone box. I screamed. 

Him: ”Have you been taking drugs?”

Me: “I fvcking knew you’d say that! What don’t you ever believe me - it fvcking happened!”

And the incident was never spoken of again. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LiberalFox said:

I feel like the news media in practical terms is little more than constant emotional harassment. So often I find my mood or emotional state is lowered by something that would have had absolutely no impact on my life not to have known about. 

And this is why I avoid it all.

My wife and I are looking after our two youngest grandsons while our daughter and son-in-law go to a wedding in France. 

OK, here’s the thing. We’re staying in their (very nice) house, and I know that they both earn shedloads of money. But nothing in the house works properly. They have this “smart” lighting system which keeps going off and on, up and down. The dishwasher doesn’t get the plates clean. The television has about 4000 channels, but I can’t get the fvckin news at ten. And the latest thing, which I really only noticed tonight, is that none of the cutlery matches: 12 knives, eight different kinds; nine forks - all different; 15 - I kid you not - different spoons!

Sorry to rant, but I can’t talk to anyone else about this. Well, except myself. My wife says “not our problem” and in any case we’re only here for a week. She’s right of course, but it’s still doing my head in. Am I alone in getting irrationally upset about something like this?

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

My wife and I are looking after our two youngest grandsons while our daughter and son-in-law go to a wedding in France. 

OK, here’s the thing. We’re staying in their (very nice) house, and I know that they both earn shedloads of money. But nothing in the house works properly. They have this “smart” lighting system which keeps going off and on, up and down. The dishwasher doesn’t get the plates clean. The television has about 4000 channels, but I can’t get the fvckin news at ten. And the latest thing, which I really only noticed tonight, is that none of the cutlery matches: 12 knives, eight different kinds; nine forks - all different; 15 - I kid you not - different spoons!

Sorry to rant, but I can’t talk to anyone else about this. Well, except myself. My wife says “not our problem” and in any case we’re only here for a week. She’s right of course, but it’s still doing my head in. Am I alone in getting irrationally upset about something like this?

Blimey, I thought this was my contribution to the thread that I'd sent in my sleep.  My wife & I had a scarily similar experience 2 weeks ago.  Add to those things a hugely expensive thick front door which jams & almost impossible to unlock (and no doorbell, of course, just wires hanging out) and a back door that's equally unlockable, a microwave that's unfathomable.  We had exactly the classy but "far too dim" lights and 4000 tv channels. 

The only difference from your experience is that by the time I'd found the cutlery drawer in the unnecessarily huge kitchen I'd reached the stage where I didn't give a shit :D

• Thanks 1

I really recommend listening to this. If you ever ponder human nature and how horrific things can come to pass, and how easily it can, or could happen, or indeed is happening again, just listen to the segment on what went on in Nazi Germany. It's Rob Rinder talking to James O'Brien.

https://www.globalplayer.com/podcasts/episodes/7DrgeTc/

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I really recommend listening to this. If you ever ponder human nature and how horrific things can come to pass, and how easily it can, or could happen, or indeed is happening again, just listen to the segment on what went on in Nazi Germany. It's Rob Rinder talking to James O'Brien.

https://www.globalplayer.com/podcasts/episodes/7DrgeTc/

He does good podcast.