Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 14/07/2023 at 21:32, LanguedocFox said:

My wife and I are looking after our two youngest grandsons while our daughter and son-in-law go to a wedding in France. 

OK, here’s the thing. We’re staying in their (very nice) house, and I know that they both earn shedloads of money. But nothing in the house works properly. They have this “smart” lighting system which keeps going off and on, up and down. The dishwasher doesn’t get the plates clean. The television has about 4000 channels, but I can’t get the fvckin news at ten. And the latest thing, which I really only noticed tonight, is that none of the cutlery matches: 12 knives, eight different kinds; nine forks - all different; 15 - I kid you not - different spoons!

Sorry to rant, but I can’t talk to anyone else about this. Well, except myself. My wife says “not our problem” and in any case we’re only here for a week. She’s right of course, but it’s still doing my head in. Am I alone in getting irrationally upset about something like this?

Sounds like an AirBnB to me. Are you sure it's daughters place?

On 19/07/2023 at 21:21, HighPeakFox said:

I really recommend listening to this. If you ever ponder human nature and how horrific things can come to pass, and how easily it can, or could happen, or indeed is happening again, just listen to the segment on what went on in Nazi Germany. It's Rob Rinder talking to James O'Brien.

https://www.globalplayer.com/podcasts/episodes/7DrgeTc/

Damn. I thought it was Judge Rob Rinder. 

Disappointed now. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's the same guy, assuming you're not making a joke.

Found it on YT, otherwise I had to set up an account to view it via your link. 

This is better:

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's the same guy, assuming you're not making a joke.

I didn't realise it was him. Great interview though and thought provoking.

It's a shame though, that his daily show makes him seem a bit lightweight.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Sounds like an AirBnB to me. Are you sure it's daughters place?

I’ve only stayed in one Airbnb place, but it was better equipped! One of the things I find most surprising is that my daughter lives like this. If our place was like it, she’d complain like fvck when she came to stay. Never mind, we’re going home on Sunday.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's general election day here in Spain, and I'm starting to realise that a good percentage of UK immigrants into Spain are probably GB news readers.

And, I am guessing, with absolutely no sense of irony, self-awareness or thought for anyone but themselves.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's general election day here in Spain, and I'm starting to realise that a good percentage of UK immigrants into Spain are probably GB news readers.

There were quite a number of stories in the news about British ex-pats in Spain shortly following the B word who voted for it and were then hilariously furious that leaving the EU caused them inconvenience.  

It's a funny old world Debs.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I think the Crouch podcast is about there at needing to wrap it up for a while.

Peter Crouch is in that sort of Phil Tufnell genre. Legends and entertaining but turning them up to the max and saturing them gives me the complete opposite sentiment.

On 29/06/2023 at 23:08, FoyleFox said:

I had a look at those last year but didn't progress in actually purchasing.A recommended buy?Do you have a link to you new zapper? 

Just wondering if you bought a fly zapper in the end?

On 29/07/2023 at 13:47, SeCrEt FoX said:

Anyone know any decent weed killers? I remember reading on here a year or two ago about a certain one that's brilliant but can't find where or who posted it or if anyone knows of one please I would appreciate it 👍 

Gallup XL is supposed to be the business.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Objectively yes it is but I personally like very hot weather and it feels like we've had 7 months of just cold and grey this year. 

It was 27 odd degrees around the start of June. I know because it about killed me playing golf in it. It only lasted a week or so then, but it's been plenty warm enough this summer. It was the hottest June on record and we'll probably have the same for July and August another heatwave coming soon. 

Just because it's been raining a lot doesn't mean we've had no summer. 

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It was 27 odd degrees around the start of June. I know because it about killed me playing golf in it. It only lasted a week or so then, but it's been plenty warm enough this summer. It was the hottest June on record and we'll probably have the same for July and August another heatwave coming soon. 

Just because it's been raining a lot doesn't mean we've had no summer. 

Well no. I should not have to wear 3 layers half of July.

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Well no. I should not have to wear 3 layers half of July.

Why on earth are you wearing 3 layers? I went out for a walk yesterday in a polo shirt. If I had a jumper and a coat on too I'd be sweating my tits off! It's not been cold enough for more than a light jacket unless it's really early in the morning. 

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Why on earth are you wearing 3 layers? I went out for a walk yesterday in a polo shirt. If I had a jumper and a coat on too I'd be sweating my tits off! It's not been cold enough for more than a light jacket unless it's really early in the morning. 

Well you did say 27 degrees nearly killed you...

Yesterday was nice but I was really cold today, it was 18 degrees with rain and some strong wind. Maybe nicer where you are. 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Well you did say 27 degrees nearly killed you...

Yesterday was nice but I was really cold today, it was 18 degrees with rain and some strong wind. Maybe nicer where you are. 

I said playing golf in it nearly killed me. 

18 degrees is t-shirt weather! It's been grey, drizzly but warm where I am (Burton).