Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

15 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

It all kicked off on my road at 5:30 this morning. Evidently some woman had been caught cheating and her partner was keen on letting the whole road know. 

Is she fit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Raj said:

After 3 years of working for the Council in the Adult Education centre my Mrs is handing in her resignation today.

She's the most chilled out person i know(Obviously needs to be married to me!) but the bureaucracy and lack of leadership has taken its toll.

No wonder most Councils are fecked.

My sister in law has resigned from her council job and claimed constructive dismissal. The solicitor she used said the council (Coventry) were notorious for this and they never challenge a claim.

Sure enough she got 4 months salary as compensation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

My sister in law has resigned from her council job and claimed constructive dismissal. The solicitor she used said the council (Coventry) were notorious for this and they never challenge a claim.

Sure enough she got 4 months salary as compensation.

HHhmmm i don't think she can be bothered to have any interaction with them at the moment.

She just wants to get out.

Shame if this is how our council is run....

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

It all kicked off on my road at 5:30 this morning. Evidently some woman had been caught cheating and her partner was keen on letting the whole road know. 

Cycling home from work a few years ago, I could hear some shouting ahead. As I got closer, some heavily pregnant women was storming up her garden path, ocassionally stopping to turn and yell more abuse back in the direction of the house.

As she reached the gate she stopped again, pointed at her bump and screamed, 'And another thing, this isn't yours.'

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Raj said:

Is she fit?

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’m in Loughborough so probably not. 

Not a glowing endorsement of Loughborough's School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences, that.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bovril said:

There is a town in Argentina called Bovril. It was founded by the beef drink company.

image.png.cd529b08eb977ceac8fa04fd41be0cb4.png

I hope you've now made it your mission to have your photo taken under that sign - preferably drinking a cup of bovril?

You could always take in a football match and do a bit of tango dancing to add diversity to the trip.

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I hope you were gentlemanly enough to help her escape out of your bedroom window?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Cycling home from work a few years ago, I could hear some shouting ahead. As I got closer, some heavily pregnant women was storming up her garden path, ocassionally stopping to turn and yell more abuse back in the direction of the house.

As she reached the gate she stopped again, pointed at her bump and screamed, 'And another thing, this isn't yours.'

All a bit Jeremy Kyle.

On 30/07/2023 at 20:44, The Bear said:

I said playing golf in it nearly killed me. 

18 degrees is t-shirt weather! It's been grey, drizzly but warm where I am (Burton). 

You've not factored in your second layer though have you?

Everyone knows you wear a stab vest in Burton lol

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Oh @Raj

You're the kind of guy that scours Facebook Marketplace for wedding dresses on sale, because you know they've split up with their husband.

That's amateur though, @Jattdogg hangs around outside the STI clinic,  because he knows it means they're a goer :P

Double/triple bag it mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

I've always loved newts.  I have however zero interest in Boris Johnson's swimming pool plans.

Anything that inconveniences him is news 24 worthy as far as I'm concerned. I want front page a front page BBC news live blog if that berk slips in dog shit on his morning run. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Anything that inconveniences him is news 24 worthy as far as I'm concerned. I want front page a front page BBC news live blog if that berk slips in dog shit on his morning run. 

Those morning runs are certainly keeping him in fine shape!! 😂

Introduced my missus to the joys of Bacon Fries not long ago and she now loves a pack whenever we're in a pub. Never really occurred to me that bar snacks aren't really a thing groups of girls buy when they're out in the same way that groups of lads might.

• Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Introduced my missus to the joys of Bacon Fries not long ago and she now loves a pack whenever we're in a pub. Never really occurred to me that bar snacks aren't really a thing groups of girls buy when they're out in the same way that groups of lads might.

because who wants to go and talk to the girls tucking into a pack of pork scratchings?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The quality of food in the UK, particularly in supermarkets, is appalling compared with continental Europe. Fruit and vegetables are just so much fresh and vibrant in Europe. 

Shouldn't surprise anyone. We import about 80% of our fruit and almost half of our veggies. The other 20% and 50% are grown in our shite climate. 

Couple both of those together and you'll get mediocre foodstuffs. :dunno:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I hope my missus was tucking into some scampi fries the other night otherwise it might be time to get worried :ph34r:

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

The quality of food in the UK, particularly in supermarkets, is appalling compared with continental Europe. Fruit and vegetables are just so much more fresh and vibrant in Europe. 

but 10 x better than the far east or America.

On 30/07/2023 at 20:32, The Bear said:

Why on earth are you wearing 3 layers? I went out for a walk yesterday in a polo shirt. If I had a jumper and a coat on too I'd be sweating my tits off! It's not been cold enough for more than a light jacket unless it's really early in the morning. 

Could do with four today