Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

How are ice cream vans making money. Was talking about this to a mate, every day he comes down the road, never see anyone buy anything, then off they go. How are they covering the diesel selling a few 99's.

Reckon it's all drugs like on Happy Valley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

How are ice cream vans making money. Was talking about this to a mate, every day he comes down the road, never see anyone buy anything, then off they go. How are they covering the diesel selling a few 99's.

Ref: Glasgow Ice Cream wars

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Ref: Glasgow Ice Cream wars

An ice cream vendor in Hinckley had his truck torched by a rival a few years back.

Unfortunately the van was parked behind the house, which caught fire as well.

There's a lot of rivalry for decent pitches. As for the ones that tour the streets, I imagine it must be difficult.

I hear that many ice cream men top themselves.

Hundreds and thousands...

19 hours ago, Parafox said:

An ice cream vendor in Hinckley had his truck torched by a rival a few years back.

Unfortunately the van was parked behind the house, which caught fire as well.

There's a lot of rivalry for decent pitches. As for the ones that tour the streets, I imagine it must be difficult.

I hear that many ice cream men top themselves.

Hundreds and thousands...

Money laundering I should think.

Does anyone know how much roughly it is to carpet room that's 12m x 4m basic budget carpets, no underlay just carpet in Leicester. Asking cos I have done my 2 room about 5mx4mish for under 600 quid with everything and my mum just be quoted 1500 which I feel is abit extreme. Also do other people have siblings that don't communicate and then just go hey l we collecting some money for mum here how much you need to give or is it just my family 

On 11/08/2023 at 21:53, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m unsure of the issue here. The copper undoubtedly plays rugby

I can just tell by the way she's speaking that there's definitely more to this story lol 

There's multiple ways to deal with stuff like this, resisting and mouthing off and filming it is about as low class as it gets.

There was an asian lad that posted on twitter about a lad I know that works for the British transport police and he posted videos and photos of him saying he was assaulted due to his race.

The lad I know took loads of stick online. Low and behold, the bodycam footage shows him asking the lad to move out of first class multiple times as he had a standard class ticket, the bloke then mouthed off at him and shoved him at which point he then defended himself by pushing the guy back.

Weird breed of people with absolutely no sense of self-awareness.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Does anyone know how much roughly it is to carpet room that's 12m x 4m basic budget carpets, no underlay just carpet in Leicester. Asking cos I have done my 2 room about 5mx4mish for under 600 quid with everything and my mum just be quoted 1500 which I feel is abit extreme. Also do other people have siblings that don't communicate and then just go hey l we collecting some money for mum here how much you need to give or is it just my family 

If you bought some carpet for £10 a sq mtr you'd be looking at £480 plus fitting, say £200.

Have a look on the CarpetRight website, you can calculate prices for different carpet costs plus fitting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

If you bought some carpet for £10 a sq mtr you'd be looking at £480 plus fitting, say £200.

Have a look on the CarpetRight website, you can calculate prices for different carpet costs plus fitting.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too but my sister who organised it all said it was cost 1500 which I find to be crazy.  So she might be lieing or they getting ripped off by the local carpet dealer

47 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking too but my sister who organised it all said it was cost 1500 which I find to be crazy.  So she might be lieing or they getting ripped off by the local carpet dealer

It's not impossible if it's more expensive carpet. Can you ask to see the quote? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

It's not impossible if it's more expensive carpet. Can you ask to see the quote? 

I have asked her but she was offended and started to say why don't you believe me it's for your mother not me. which I don't understand why she was so upset about as we are splitting the money between 6 siblings. Honestly this family really annoys me alot

Guest Sideshow Faes
On 13/08/2023 at 15:37, z-layrex said:

I've often thought about having a little food truck but only ever going out for events. Can't understand why ice cream vans don't do the same. Basically just events and outside the biggest college in the area every day through the summer.

6 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

I have asked her but she was offended and started to say why don't you believe me it's for your mother not me. which I don't understand why she was so upset about as we are splitting the money between 6 siblings. Honestly this family really annoys me alot

It seems odd that she would be so defensive, but, I don't know her or have siblings to know how they are normally. Either express your concern she's being ripped off or, unfortunately, you're just going to have to chip in with her to keep the peace.

At the end of the day, £20/25 a sq mtr isn't ridiculous for carpet, but it's not budget.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

It seems odd that she would be so defensive, but, I don't know her or have siblings to know how they are normally. Either express your concern she's being ripped off or, unfortunately, you're just going to have to chip in with her to keep the peace.

At the end of the day, £20/25 a sq mtr isn't ridiculous for carpet, but it's not budget.

Thanks I don't have an issue with chipping in to be honest just a phone call before going  buying summit would have be nice. Like hey bro thinking of doing this for mum you up for it? And my answer would always be yeah cool il have a look around too etc but nope it was a text to say hey give me 250 tomorrow buying carpet for mum it's costing 1500 and am in shock horror going how much!! I did mine for less and that was almost a full house with 8mm underlay (okay I fitted it myself but still). Anyway go down on the weekend to give my part but will definitely be asking a few more questions.

22 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

I've often thought about having a little food truck but only ever going out for events. Can't understand why ice cream vans don't do the same. Basically just events and outside the biggest college in the area every day through the summer.

Food vans can be expensive.