Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure if this is the most millennial post I've ever seen on foxestalk, the most middle class post I've ever seen on foxestalk or just both. lol

All ingredients from Aldi's 'Wonky Berries' range if that helps you decide. 

Guest Kopfkino

Third time knowingly having Covid and it’s being a right bitch. Barely a sore throat for a couple of days previously but this time been absolutely wiped out for 4 days.

On Tuesday I was calling it the ‘fringe flu’ forgetting Covid was really a thing now. Bastard has made sure to remind.

Just had several days in the slammer for not attacking anyone and only defending myself for being able to articulate sentences in good English. I only hope the fool that was trying to silence me for being able to construct sentences got similar. 

One other thing, to all those bemoaning the over 50s at football... If you're lucky and live long enough, one day you'll be over 50, and I only hope you're in better shape than you currently are. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Just had several days in the slammer for not attacking anyone and only defending myself for being able to articulate sentences in good English. I only hope the fool that was trying to silence me for being able to construct sentences got similar. 

One other thing, to all those bemoaning the over 50s at football... If you're lucky and live long enough, one day you'll be over 50, and I only hope you're in better shape than you currently are. 

Was that your exchange with Cypress Fox or whatever he's called?   

I actually thought he was on the wind up, surely nobody is that much of a plonker? 

13 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You can try all the Tory crisps from garden centres far and wide, but for me Walkers Cheese & Onion are quite simply the goat 

I like how all Tory crisps tend to overload their cheese and onion variety with cheese like a mucky dish from Hungry Horse that went OTT on cheese despite being posh.

I like the irony not the crisps just to clarify!

10 hours ago, Samilktray said:

You can try all the Tory crisps from garden centres far and wide, but for me Walkers Cheese & Onion are quite simply the goat 

Lies.

Bag of cheesy Doritos, half a can of refried beans, a jar of dip sauce, jalapeños, and 1/2lb of extra mature cheddar - into the microwave for 2 minutes - crisp nirvana.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

Lies.

Bag of cheesy Doritos, half a can of refried beans, a jar of dip sauce, jalapeños, and 1/2lb of extra mature cheddar - into the microwave for 2 minutes - crisp nirvana.

You'd pay about £12 at Bill's for this.

I mentioned in the How Was Your Day thread yesterday that I visited the Retro Computer Museum off of Troon Way yesterday. 

What I hadn't appreciated was that the cost of entry just covers the running costs of the place and that all the staff are volunteers, which is one of the reasons it's only open at the weekend. My missus was chatting to one of them and they said they could really do with the word being spread so they can get a few more folk through the doors and help keep it going, so I'm doing my bit here.

If you're feeling even remotely nostalgic for the time you wasted on a Sinclair Spectrum/Commodore 64/Amstrad CPC464/BBC B/SNES/Master System/Mega drive/Atari 2600/ST/Amiga and goodness knows what else then get your backside down there, and satisfy your inner (possibly outer) nerd, it really is great

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I mentioned in the How Was Your Day thread yesterday that I visited the Retro Computer Museum off of Troon Way yesterday. 

What I hadn't appreciated was that the cost of entry just covers the running costs of the place and that all the staff are volunteers, which is one of the reasons it's only open at the weekend. My missus was chatting to one of them and they said they could really do with the word being spread so they can get a few more folk through the doors and help keep it going, so I'm doing my bit here.

If you're feeling even remotely nostalgic for the time you wasted on a Sinclair Spectrum/Commodore 64/Amstrad CPC464/BBC B/SNES/Master System/Mega drive/Atari 2600/ST/Amiga and goodness knows what else then get your backside down there, and satisfy your inner (possibly outer) nerd, it really is great

I've been into computer games for about 40 years and that place is great for grey gamers like I am now, to remember the originals. The time where you could program your own games and write them to a cassette tape and then enjoy what you created. Absolute enjoyable shit because "I did that. I wrote code for some stick man to jump out of a tower block and I could save him at every floor if I timed it right".

The odd noise of a game being loaded from cassette onto the console... 

• Like 1

Anyone else dislike members of their close family? I have realized in recent years I have absolutely nothing in common with my sisters and don't really like being around them. Obviously I'd help them if they ever needed it because they're family, but honestly if they were random work colleagues or neighbors I'd probably avoid them like the plague. 

6 hours ago, bovril said:

Anyone else dislike members of their close family? I have realized in recent years I have absolutely nothing in common with my sisters and don't really like being around them. Obviously I'd help them if they ever needed it because they're family, but honestly if they were random work colleagues or neighbors I'd probably avoid them like the plague. 

I would say probably at least half of people.