Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Serious question.  I was reading a BBC news page yesterday that I clicked on from a Google link and when I read it, it was as if something or someone had changed the headlines and text into kind of rastafarian talk.  I have no idea what was going on and I've not been able to find it again on Google.  Anyone had this??

41 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Serious question.  I was reading a BBC news page yesterday that I clicked on from a Google link and when I read it, it was as if something or someone had changed the headlines and text into kind of rastafarian talk.  I have no idea what was going on and I've not been able to find it again on Google.  Anyone had this??

The BBC website is available in about 40 languages, you may have clicked a link that was in Pidgin.

Popular in Africa.

Screenshot_20230906_213939_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The BBC website is available in about 40 languages, you may have clicked a link that was in Pidgin.

Popular in Africa.

Screenshot_20230906_213939_Chrome.jpg

I realise it's not the same language but I couldn't help but think of this 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Did you know that everyone's current age or age next birthday added to their date of birth adds up to 2023?

Ant mathematical genius care to explain?

Just imagine you asked that question in 2020? Or maybe you ask again next year or the year after? Funnily enough your birth year and age always adds up to the current year

6 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

Just imagine you asked that question in 2020? Or maybe you ask again next year or the year after? Funnily enough your birth year and age always adds up to the current year

Mrs Para told me about this "phenomenon" this morning. I didn't know about it, so assumed it to be true and only applied to this year.

Now that I've thought about it, it's obvious :facepalm:lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Mrs Para told me about this "phenomenon" this morning. I didn't know about it, so assumed it to be true and only applied to this year.

Now that I've thought about it, it's obvious :facepalm:lol

Mrs P is just testing your mental faculties... you've failed 😀

• Haha 1

On 06/09/2023 at 20:55, kristianity77 said:

Once when I was younger but I haven't smoked it since

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Well it's not Korean script on the shop. Particularly insensitive given their fractious relationship with Japan.

.... and China, too.

There's that, and also the "Kimchi" sign in the window, as if that's the only dish Korea is associated with.

That being said, in the interest of fairness, what the Koreans would perceive and put up as "British/Welsh" over here can be funny and awkward in equal measure, too.

On the topic, flying back to the UK today.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2023 at 05:34, SpacedX said:

Who remembers 'The Invisible Man' featuring David McCallum as Dr. Daniel Westin? Woke up this morning with the theme music inexplicably resounding in my head. 

I had a similar thing some time ago...except it was Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) lol 

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

General chat is mostly really shit now

Transfer threads are the worst. Used to be able to nip in and out of here over the summer to get some useful information about what might be going on, now it's just several dozen pages of shit jokes from the same people.

Edited by Bryn

One of the funniest things on the internet has to be people who with absolutely no sense of irony post how they are completely correct but are actually completely wrong.

The stupidity and ignorance of these people though is absolutely hilarious, and it's great to watch the dickheadness outing itself online for all to see 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

General chat is mostly really shit now

Yeah it's getting a bit stale IMO

Feels like we need some new interesting threads but everything's been done to death already.

Not sure what the answer is really.

• Like 1