Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Those magnifying mirrors should be banned. 

We're looking for something to put on the bathroom windowsill and found a mirror that would've been great...problem was, if you span it round, it had a '5x' zoom mirror too.

I could literally see the pores on my forehead and my remaining strands of dark hair turning white in front of my very eyes.

What kind of fvcking sadist would buy something like this?

So did you get one for the en-suite as well?

Why does it feel like everyone is so fragile and desperate for attention and big companies or organisations are so desperate to hop on to it and want to look like they 'care' about peoples feelings?

Had an email from Tesco just now asking if I want to block emails about Halloween as I might be upset about seeing Halloween emails if I don't officially celebrate it. What is wrong with people and these companies sending this crap out?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, tom27111 said:

We're looking for something to put on the bathroom windowsill and found a mirror that would've been great...problem was, if you span it round, it had a '5x' zoom mirror too.

I could literally see the pores on my forehead and my remaining strands of dark hair turning white in front of my very eyes.

Might help you go to the bathroom?

:whistle:

14 hours ago, tom27111 said:

It’s a bugger trying to fit one to the inside of the toilet seat lid ….. apparently 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Why does it feel like everyone is so fragile and desperate for attention and big companies or organisations are so desperate to hop on to it and want to look like they 'care' about peoples feelings?

Had an email from Tesco just now asking if I want to block emails about Halloween as I might be upset about seeing Halloween emails if I don't officially celebrate it. What is wrong with people and these companies sending this crap out?

I know they do this for Mothers/Father's day for obvious reasons but to do it for Halloween? Unless you are emotionally attached to Michael Myers I don't get this.

26 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I know they do this for Mothers/Father's day for obvious reasons but to do it for Halloween? Unless you are emotionally attached to Michael Myers I don't get this.

YOU LEAVE MIKEY OUT OF THIS!

*sobs uncontrollably*

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

Apparently I’ve missed the rapture that was slated to take place today. Clearly, I’m a bit annoyed. If anyone else on the forum also missed out on eternal paradise, do you know when the next one will be?

Given the pious and self-sacrificing life you have so far given to humankind, I'm surprised you're not the first to be taken.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Given the pious and self-sacrificing life you have so far given to humankind, I'm surprised you're not the first to be taken.

*nods sagely in agreement*

Its true, I’m amazed quite frankly. If not me, then who?

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Finally made the switch from Radio 1 to Radio 2.

Feel liberated and I’m not even 30.

Me and my girlfriend have also graduated to radio 2 when in the car, this month. We’re both 28, I don’t like the music but I feel less confused and can recognise some of the tunes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

"Aww what a darling boy. Welcome to our world. Lovely lad. Thanks for joining us".

Your Zoe Ball Breakfast Show welcome.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s part of the evolutionary pathway to dribbly piss, deteriorating eyesight, aches and pains after seemingly light exercise, getting up in the night to go to the loo, falling asleep in front of the telly in the evening and then waking up but lying on the sofa for a further half an hour knowing that you should really go to bed and thinking that lots of people you know are looking quite a bit older without recognising how you yourself are ageing  :)

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Might do the same. I like late night radio 1 where it becomes a bit more interesting but day time is a bit naff. Capital is crap and Radio X makes me cringe 

Yeah that’s true. It’s just the chart remixes I can’t take anymore. Although now I’ve got Jeremy Vine talking bollocks. 

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I wish I lived in a time where really stressful and dreadful things weren't happening. Imagine living through the fifties, sixties, and seventies.

I'm just not cut out for this kind of despair and upheaval.

Oh I don't know I imagine 1962 would have been pretty stressful.