Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Why are we gatekeeping when private companies should do their business? If you don't want to see Christmas stuff, boycott th stores you think are doing it too early. Shops decide based on demand and their need to market to customers. Just doing what they need to do to survive.

Also just on the radio thing... I never listen to the radio. I have a niché interest in music that radio doesn't cater to at all, so other than a very rare five live when I can't get to the TV, none of these stations work for me. I understand if you're in a work environment where you can't escape it, but why don't people just Spotify/podcast to guarantee you'll get something you like?

Yesterday, I went along to the rapidly-emptying and sadly very-soon-to-close branch of Wilko in Syston. Got some fantastic bargains, including a pair of good quality garden scissors. They were wrapped in thick cellophane with cardboard backing. There was a health and safety warning on the back of the packaging, warning about keeping them away from children, because they were potentially dangerous. Okay, fine. Unfortunately, the packaging itself was so good that it required the use of another very sharp impliment to undo it. Unfortunately, the knife I used slipped, causing a really deep and painful cut to my hand, which left blood eveywhere. So much for health and safety!    

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Daggers said:

For reasons that completely allude me, my daughter hates all Tom Hanks films.

Tom Hanks films are the best films.

Tom Hanks is the NFP of cinema.

His films used to be good. Nowadays they're mostly just meh. And he seems a right grumpy bollocks old man now. The state of his face and comments when Ricky Gervais ripped them all a new one at the Golden Globes said it all. 

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

His films used to be good. Nowadays they're mostly just meh. And he seems a right grumpy bollocks old man now. The state of his face and comments when Ricky Gervais ripped them all a new one at the Golden Globes said it all. 

If I were him, I'd have a face like thunder at the hypocrisy more than anything, given that Gervais is at least as egotistical and lacking in self awareness as the Hollywood luvvies he ripped the piss out of IMO.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I think it’s great that people can post on the forum regardless of how utterly wrong they are.

On 25/09/2023 at 21:54, foxile5 said:

I wish I lived in a time where really stressful and dreadful things weren't happening. Imagine living through the fifties, sixties, and seventies.

I'm just not cut out for this kind of despair and upheaval.

Just don't follow the news get rid of most social media and you'll start feeling better.

On 25/09/2023 at 16:54, foxile5 said:

I wish I lived in a time where really stressful and dreadful things weren't happening. Imagine living through the fifties, sixties, and seventies.

Im assuming you are a white male?

Also, Yeah, the care free times of the cold war and Cuban missile crisis..

Edited by MPH

Posters who bemoan the forum and claim people are fickle.

The latest is the forum complaining about players leaving for free and then, conversely, moaning Hamza has a new 4 year contract.

Someone claims its the same people.

Is it?

It's a forum of people and people have different opinions. Unless you can give a direct example of folk who are on both sides of any debate, I maintain they are completely different posters merely offering their views

10 hours ago, String fellow said:

Yesterday, I went along to the rapidly-emptying and sadly very-soon-to-close branch of Wilko in Syston. Got some fantastic bargains, including a pair of good quality garden scissors. They were wrapped in thick cellophane with cardboard backing. There was a health and safety warning on the back of the packaging, warning about keeping them away from children, because they were potentially dangerous. Okay, fine. Unfortunately, the packaging itself was so good that it required the use of another very sharp impliment to undo it. Unfortunately, the knife I used slipped, causing a really deep and painful cut to my hand, which left blood eveywhere. So much for health and safety!    

Ah, but, did you take heed of the H&S warning that probably came with the knife?

Clearly your own fault. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

What were the highlights? 

if they do a Percy pig stuffed Christmas pudding this year I’m all over it 

Bit mediocre this yeah tbh. Not got loads of people over so just going for a ham, Seafood platter (no jokes) and the cheese and cider dish. 

• Like 1

It’s Hispanic heritage month here in the United States..

DID YOU KNOW:

To use the term Hispanic would mean that someone is from a Spanish speaking south or Central American  country. To use the the term Latino would mean someone is from a Latin American country- so someone from Mexico  ( plus MANY other countries) could rightly be referred to as Hispanic OR Latino  however someone from Brazil, French Guyana, Guadalupe , Haiti , Martinique, st Barthelemy and St Martin can only rightly be referred to as Latino as they don’t have Spanish heritage/ influence and Spanish is not their first language.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Posters who bemoan the forum and claim people are fickle.

The latest is the forum complaining about players leaving for free and then, conversely, moaning Hamza has a new 4 year contract.

Someone claims its the same people.

Is it?

It's a forum of people and people have different opinions. Unless you can give a direct example of folk who are on both sides of any debate, I maintain they are completely different posters merely offering their views

I agree.

One minute everyone is knocking the forum, the next everyone is defending the forum. 

On 25/09/2023 at 22:54, foxile5 said:

I think a lot of it is social media and 24/7 news coverage and globalisation because of the internet. I think globalisation is a very good thing in general and essential to the survival of the human race, but we never really saw and heard of the effects of so many awful things going on round the world in the past and if they were they were to people you didn’t know.

There wouldn’t have been the footage of the disasters in the same way in Morocco and Libya for example and you’d have never met anyone from those countries back in the day, now it’s quite possible you meet someone from Morocco or Libya in your everyday life in tbe UK (one of best friend’s wife is Moroccan for example) and that makes it hit home harder. 

This will inevitably make you emphasise more with people from outside the uk which is inherently a good thing, but can certainly be draining with so much going on in the world. But I think these stressful and awful things were there, they just weren’t covered on the news or posted about on social media and you didn’t have so many real people from other countries you’d interact with day to day so it never hit home quite as much. 

On 27/09/2023 at 02:56, Daggers said:

For reasons that completely allude me, my daughter hates all Tom Hanks films.

Tom Hanks films are the best films.

Tom Hanks is the NFP of cinema.

Fact! 
Nike Cortez Sneakers worn by Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks) as seen in Forrest  Gump | Spotern

On 27/09/2023 at 05:58, FoyleFox said:

November. 

I thought their name was Wymsey... not Vember

• Haha 3

Have I missed something? I was driving on the motorway back from my mums the car in front of me breaks so do I. However the guy behind me started to flash his lights at me. Long story short I stop at a service and he than follow me in only to yell  x,y, and z bla bla blaa. Saying I should take my lessons again and don't I know how to drive bla bla bla and that when u break on the motorway (I was slowing down not stopping) I should be putting hazard on. I have noticed a few people do that in the past but thought it was one of them new trends and always thought its so unsafe to do that why would they do that odd. Anyways so is it a new change in law or a trend cos I was like dude wizz off I slowed down and you shouldn't have be up my dung hole. End of the day you was in the wrong cos you would have noticed 4 cars behind I was slowing down.

Edited by TeamRocket

4 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Have I missed something? I was driving on the motorway back from my mums the car in front of me breaks so do I. However the guy behind me started to flash his lights at me. Long story short I stop at a service and he than follow me in only to yell  x,y, and z bla bla blaa. Saying I should take my lessons again and don't I know how to drive bla bla bla and that when u break on the motorway (I was slowing down not stopping) I should be putting hazard on. I have noticed a few people do that in the past but thought it was one of them new trends and always thought its so unsaved to do that why would they do that odd. Anyways so is it a new change in law or a trend cos I was like dude wizz off I slowed down and you shouldn't have be up my dung hole. End of the day you was in the wrong cos you would have noticed 4 cars behind I was slowing down.

Parklife.

Sorry, couldn't resist. From what I understand here you're not at fault.

Just now, TeamRocket said:

😆 it's okay. But honestly is it a thing in the highway code book or just a thing cos if it is a might just get LEDs saying thanks or fu 😆 

No, it's an urban myth, something that is seen to be done and then assumed to be correct, when it isn't.

It's like people who signal right at roundabouts and then go straight ahead - it is something we are taught not to do but it's infectious.

• Like 1