Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 01/10/2023 at 12:09, Daggers said:

I bought a 16-roll multipack of toilet paper on Thursday.

Daughter comes back for the weekend.

We have four toilet rolls.

What the fvck do girls do with toilet paper?

It’s probably because you talk so much shit 👍

• Like 1

On 01/10/2023 at 15:19, Royston. said:

Talking with my wife a few days ago, the topic came up,

"Can you remember cutting the umbilical cord on our daughter?"

"Yes but it was quite difficult to get a strong purchase on the scissors"

I later remembered that was actually a scene from Peep Show:blush:

This is something somebody might do in my situation. Yes, Soph was going in to labour and I decided to leave her ever so briefly to grab something to eat to fortify me for the events ahead. Oh right, that sounds wise that you got a chicken bucket early on? Yes I know. 

Could well be the best written episode of the whole programme imo. lol 

• Haha 1

Have thought this for a long time, genuinely curious, guess this is the best place to put it.

You know how there's loads of tin foil people in sports. Football fans who think everything is rigged, especially against them, NFL fans who think it's "scripted" or rigged in favour of the in vogue players, warm balls so teams get "favourable" draws in cup competitions etc.

Why do those people keep watching that sport? Like, you (adamantly claim) that the sport is rigged and riddled with corruption to favour certain teams. Why would you continue to watch a league or competition you seem to certain is fixed? Surely once the trust is gone and the whole integrity of a competition is in the gutter, you'd just give up and boycott it? Why would you waste your time spending hours watching, debating and focusing on something that's just so... terrible in your opinion?

16 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Have thought this for a long time, genuinely curious, guess this is the best place to put it.

You know how there's loads of tin foil people in sports. Football fans who think everything is rigged, especially against them, NFL fans who think it's "scripted" or rigged in favour of the in vogue players, warm balls so teams get "favourable" draws in cup competitions etc.

Why do those people keep watching that sport? Like, you (adamantly claim) that the sport is rigged and riddled with corruption to favour certain teams. Why would you continue to watch a league or competition you seem to certain is fixed? Surely once the trust is gone and the whole integrity of a competition is in the gutter, you'd just give up and boycott it? Why would you waste your time spending hours watching, debating and focusing on something that's just so... terrible in your opinion?

...because it's not about actually enjoying the sport at that point, it's about appearing to be "right" for the sake of one's ego.

18 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I don't follow NFL so can't speak to that.  

Nor do I subscribe to the idea of football matches being rigged.  Human error, pressure from particularly vocal managers of 'big' clubs or the pressure of certain stadiums perhaps influence referees sub-consciously but I don't believe in orchestrated corruption in the matches.  The whole lot of them are far too incompetent to manage that. Quite different from the financial aspect which clearly is designed to favour bigger clubs.  

However, if I did believe in the conspiracy I'd still probably support Leicester and follow them because it is what I have done since being a kid.  It's not so easy to just say, neh, done with this lot.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamRocket said:

Okay I need  help what does this mean, I moved in to a new house and for the life of me I can't find a switch or anything to turn it on. Is this a smart light of some sort or is there a switch that I just can't seem to find?

20231004_193605.jpg

Looks like it’s got a PIR. If it doesn’t light up when you walk past it then it’ll be switched somewhere too

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Wonder if it has (had?) a remote to operate it.

Do you have Google Lens on your phone? If so, that will analyse it and come up with suggestions/similar products.

Nope but can download it. We moved in May but never noticed it turning on, it's only was like oh il get light for the front so can see in the dark, but noticed one was there and was like right switch must be in the inside but nothing even tried turn main switch on and off but nothing, I download Google lens and see if that pick up summit

This was taken this evening. Anyone else think these cloud patterns are a bit weird? 

Kind of spiral columns built on spiral columns…

And if you zoom in to the bottom ones that are holding the rest up, well, 🤯

IMG_8775.thumb.jpeg.75901e1980afaebfa364674dc53cc338.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Milo said:

This was taken this evening. Anyone else think these cloud patterns are a bit weird? 

Kind of spiral columns built on spiral columns…

And if you zoom in to the bottom ones that are holding the rest up, well, 🤯

IMG_8775.thumb.jpeg.75901e1980afaebfa364674dc53cc338.jpeg

Very pretty.  

Have you been taking mushrooms?

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

I used to love drinking Bailey's, until I felt quite unwell at the weekend after drinking a whole big bottle of it.

Now, I can't stand it nor look at it in the supermarket..lol

White Russians are the best version of Baileys without that rancid bitter Baileys taste. 

• Like 1