Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The topic keeps getting shut down despite the respectful tone of the discussion and the interesting exchange of views. Very odd.

Its possible things are being said that we do not see and that get deleted... we just see the closed thread we don't always see what might have caused it to be closed..

• Like 3

As a slight Topic... and speaking  objectively from the Turkish point of view...

This would be an excellent time for Turkey to try a bit of skullduggery or false flags against Israel... as technically they are part of NATO aren't they? If Israel responded wouldn't the U.S have to declare war on Israel?

34 minutes ago, MPH said:

As a slight Topic... and speaking  objectively from the Turkish point of view...

This would be an excellent time for Turkey to try a bit of skullduggery or false flags against Israel... as technically they are part of NATO aren't they? If Israel responded wouldn't the U.S have to declare war on Israel?

Dont get this locked now too lol

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I don't understand how it can be. The conservatives were pretty clear in their drive that privatisation ONLY leads to improved contracts because everyone works really hard to provide the best service in order to win the contracts.

How has that gone wrong?

Tories missing the mark completely and lying through their teeth? 

You don't say? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

A group called 'Dull Men's Club' came up as a suggested group I should follow on Facebook.

After an initial thought of "How dare they!", I think I've now discovered my new spiritual home.

you'll fit right in when you start telling them some of your jokes :D

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MPH said:

That would make Turkey the aggressor and there is no formal rules if one member got abit wild with things and starts attacking. The other members seem to want the other side to win aswell. So I'd imagine it really wouldn't work out in Turkeys favour and ultimately wouldn't be worth it. 

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

A group called 'Dull Men's Club' came up as a suggested group I should follow on Facebook.

After an initial thought of "How dare they!", I think I've now discovered my new spiritual home.

Welcome to the DMC

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MPH said:

Interesting that a law firm took this step…

Harvard letter: Law students who took anti-Israel stance lose job offers https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67152271

I would certainly question the judgement of someone who signed something without knowing its full contents.  Not a great look for a law student imo.

So watching some news on the  Hamas situation  and my thought is this... Hamas is not a national movement. It is  a religious movement.  It does not have the interests of the nation of Palestine or the Palestinian people at heart , but only has its own interests at heart.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

I’m a member of this. I also discovered that Facebook has a chat feature for this group on Monday at 2AM. 

They have / had a dedicated chat on how to load dishwashers. I must have been looking at photos on this for 15 minutes before I started to question my life choices. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MPH said:

So watching some news on the  Hamas situation  and my thought is this... Hamas is not a national movement. It is  a religious movement.  It does not have the interests of the nation of Palestine or the Palestinian people at heart , but only has its own interests at heart.

Religion has caused so many deaths throughout history. 

It’s easy for me to say as a non religious person but I find it crazy that people kill each other over different beliefs like this.

Just having a quick look online at the holy wars that have taken place and the estimated death toll for The Crusades, Reconquista and the Thirty Years War together average around 26,000,000 deaths. Thats crazy numbers when you consider the potential world population at the times they were fought. 

Then again, I still shake my head in disbelief when I think about how people are discriminated against for gender, skin colour, age etc 

Liverpool supporters though …… they can do one. :ph34r:

This fashion - and it is exactly that, it's done for attention - of footballers cutting holes in their socks is ****ing stupid. It's ****ing moronic.

Either get a pair that fit or wear them too. Cutting holes in them is just affectation intended for the public. Either they ****ing fit or they don't and cutting holes in them doesn't have change that. ****ing idiots.

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

This fashion - and it is exactly that, it's done for attention - of footballers cutting holes in their socks is ****ing stupid. It's ****ing moronic.

Either get a pair that fit or wear them too. Cutting holes in them is just affectation intended for the public. Either they ****ing fit or they don't and cutting holes in them doesn't have change that. ****ing idiots.

Why don't they buy boots one size too small and cut the heels out? Why not wear child shirts and cut out the shoulders?

Because it's ****ing stupid. It's a stupid affectation along the lines of putting masking tape on your wrists. Oohhh look at him with holes in his socks. He must be interesting and highly strung.

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I genuinely can't tell if this was posted to buy into the partridge view or because he genuinely thinks this in inspiring 

Problem with today's generation. Won't make the sacrifice of selling their Porches to get a foot on the ladder.