Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

It‘s a good thing that Twitter didn’t exist until this century. 

Imagine how many of our ex players would have outed themselves as morons or bigots. Ian Marshall has done both, post-retirement.

Muzzy Izzet likes a post saying "9/11, while tragic, is a logical consequence of the America's heavy handed foreign policy in the Middle East" and instantly gets released for being a religious fundamentalist 

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It‘s a good thing that Twitter didn’t exist until this century. 

Imagine how many of our ex players would have outed themselves as morons or bigots. Ian Marshall has done both, post-retirement.

Is he still employed by the club?

Question: What's the link between City's current points total and the 4x4 Magic Square below?

7      2     21     9

12    18      3      6

1      8     10    20

19    11      5      4

Answer: The number 39.

City, of course, have 39 points, and 39 is the total of every row, every column, both diagonals, both opposite pairs of across-the-corner numbers, the four corner blocks of 2x2 squares, the three blocks of 2x2 squares across the centre, the opposite-edge pairs added both left with right and up with down, and the corner numbers added up. There may also be other groups that I've missed.

(On Countdown today, Ben Hanlin, the guest in Dictionary Corner, referenced this Magic Square in one of his Halloween tricks, thereby one-upping Rachel Riley.)

• Like 1

For all the stick we get for the food in this country, our breakfasts are still the best in the world. People outside of the UK who believe probably either have this preconception about British food or have only tried a terrible version of a full English breakfast outside of the UK. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

For all the stick we get for the food in this country, our breakfasts are still the best in the world. People outside of the UK who believe probably either have this preconception about British food or have only tried a terrible version of a full English breakfast outside of the UK. 

Depends what you like I guess. Always really enjoy a full English at the time then feel horrible afterwards. Find breakfast fayre in flavorsome countries much more to my liking. Yes, food in Europe is terrible, but that's no surprise given the harsh/cold climate, nothing useful can grow here. Although, I much prefer British food to French, how they've marketed their cuisine as world class is beyond me. Tasteless, bland tripe.

On 02/11/2023 at 12:28, BenTheFox said:

I think the full English is pretty popular outside of the UK, apart from maybe Spain where it has obvious connotations with the dreaded ex-pats. Italians love it. I wonder if for them it's a bit like us going and getting the spiciest thing at a curry house.

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Teaching a child to learn how to ride a bike is both wonderful and terrifying.

Reminds me back in the day trying to teach my youngest to ride a bike.

We were in the close around the back of our house and I was trying to teach my daughter but was getting really frustrated and she was crying and wanted to give up.

One of our neighbors (Paul, had two older daughters, owned his own car dealership, willy puller) was in his front garden, saw we were both struggling, so came over and offered to help.

Within what seemed like about 5 minutes he had her riding her bike perfectly.

God knows how he did it but I've never felt so inadequate as a father :(

On 04/11/2023 at 11:06, Vacamion said:

Two extremely brummie accented lads on a train I'm on, talking about Man United as "we" and "us".

lol

It really does annoy me especially when they have a big club right on their doorstep.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Manini said:

4 bar KitKat is considerably better than a 2 bar KitKat, I cant put my finger on why, and it isn’t just because there’s more of it. 

Same with loads of Cadburys bars that are slightly smaller is you buy them in a multi pack.

Not down to the size, I think it's the aesthetics. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Great point. I totally agree but not sure why..

It’s because the middle 2 fingers are exposed to less oxygen during the manufacturing process and therefore taste better. Your 2 bar kitkat has no middle fingers so an overall worse tasting bar. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3