Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67439675

I bet most in here will be disgusted at this won’t they? 

If it helps people into work faster then fine. Threatening jobseekers all the time is not the answer, more help to find suitable, sustainable work is. People turn down jobs for many different reasons. Location, hours, type of job, etc. There will always be people that try and "game" the system but most just want to find a regular, sustainable job.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

If it helps people into work faster then fine. Threatening jobseekers all the time is not the answer, more help to find suitable, sustainable work is. People turn down jobs for many different reasons. Location, hours, type of job, etc. There will always be people that try and "game" the system but most just want to find a regular, sustainable job.

This, I absolutely agree with.

33 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

31 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Why?

22 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Because it will adversely affect some of the most vulnerable members of society, or because you think we're all on benefits?

I think it's (hopefully) a rhetorical comment aimed at provoking some reaction.

Seems to have worked.

• Like 2

I'm 68 yrs old tomorrow and this evening my daughter asked if I was "excited" to be older!

I told her that I might have been when I was about to be 18. Then I remembered that at my 18th party the DJ was... ME! Cos I wanted to.

Then I realised that was 50 years ago!!!! 

Half a century!

OMG!

52 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I'm 68 yrs old tomorrow and this evening my daughter asked if I was "excited" to be older!

I told her that I might have been when I was about to be 18. Then I remembered that at my 18th party the DJ was... ME! Cos I wanted to.

Half a century!

OMG!

Happy birthday for tomorrow. Be careful with the birthday cake though. You may need a fire engine near by with those candles. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Half a century!

OMG!

Happy birthday for tomorrow Parafox! 

I'd always assumed, based on your posts, that you were a 20 something superstar DJ*, so keep those wheels of steel spinning.

*Superstar DJs probably ceased to exist in about 1999 so I guess I'm no spring chicken.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Happy birthday for tomorrow Parafox! 

I'd always assumed, based on your posts, that you were a 20 something superstar DJ*, so keep those wheels of steel spinning.

*Superstar DJs probably ceased to exist in about 1999 so I guess I'm no spring chicken.   

Thank you. I'm flattered that I can come across as a much younger, but sensible and seasoned (I hope) poster.

In my head I'm still 25 but with an additional 43 years of experience  lol

Guest Sideshow Faes
6 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

People on benefits, asylum seekers....We're supposed to see everybody as undeserving scroungers except the people robbing the country blind while they distract your attention with this guff. 

8 hours ago, Parafox said:

Half a century!

OMG!

I was like 6 years away from being born 50 years ago lol

Hope you have a wonderful birthday and many more to come!

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 07:20, Nalis said:

Why do some well off chavs have kids that seem more developed than middle class kids when they are 2 or 3 but then that kid turns into an idiot by the time they are 7? I have a mate where him and his wife are lovely but a proper live laugh love couple with a grey sparkly kitchen but have the most developed 3 year old I've ever met since the kids older brother when he was 3.... only for him to turn into an idiot when he was about 7 too.

Thats when "society" gets hold of them.

10 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Cant wait to be served, helped and generally assisted by someone who is being forced to do so under threat of starvation and homelessness.... can only go well

• Like 1

I'm being paid back just over £300 from overpaying my student loan and thought it's worth sharing in case anyone else is eligible and wanted to look into it.

The phone number is  0300 100 0611. :thumbup:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2023/10/student-loans-plan-overpaid/

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/contact-slc-repayment-enquiries

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

To everyone else out there getting bombarded with emails and promotions offering Black Friday deals on everything from your toilet brush to your kitchen sink, stay strong out there. A disgrace how this has picked up over the last 4/5 years from the US. 

In all seriousness though do stay strong - I know a lot of people who are either already in debt or who have problems spending more than they should and the pressure to buy and spend this time of year is absolutely relentless. You'll be seeing TV adverts, adverts online, on social media, emails coming in, texts from some companies as well as people talking about it in everyday life - don't feel like your missing out by now buying stuff you don't need now. As soon as BF is over, we'll have the same again for Christmas and then come January you'll feel all the better for not getting in to debt buying crap you didn't need or presents for people that perhaps you didn't need to get or overspend on.

Wasn't sure where to post this but just thought sometimes you need a reminder that it's important not to fold to corporate pressure to spend for FOMO.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Im obsessed by lighthouses and I don’t know why. 

IMG_4029.jpeg

Is there a word for that... something that lighthouses evoke? 

There's a natural kinda rustic horror to them for no obvious reason. They're intimidating but you don't quite know why. They're nearly all extremely isolated, quite old buildings and their structure is just incredibly unique. It's so easy to let your imagination run. 

I guess that's why so many of them have myths about hauntings and stuff but then just perpetuates the certain something they possess. 

For something so mundane they are fantastic. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Listening to Ben Fosters podcast, they're talking through his contracts and he's just spoken how support staff are living paycheck to paycheck and are most affected by clubs going down.

In between this, they're chuckling at his and other players match fees and bonuses 

Loves the sound of his own voice that bloke.