Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Is there a word for that... something that lighthouses evoke? 

There's a natural kinda rustic horror to them for no obvious reason. They're intimidating but you don't quite know why. They're nearly all extremely isolated, quite old buildings and their structure is just incredibly unique. It's so easy to let your imagination run. 

I guess that's why so many of them have myths about hauntings and stuff but then just perpetuates the certain something they possess. 

For something so mundane they are fantastic. 

the-lighthouse.jpg

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

To everyone else out there getting bombarded with emails and promotions offering Black Friday deals on everything from your toilet brush to your kitchen sink, stay strong out there. A disgrace how this has picked up over the last 4/5 years from the US. 

In all seriousness though do stay strong - I know a lot of people who are either already in debt or who have problems spending more than they should and the pressure to buy and spend this time of year is absolutely relentless. You'll be seeing TV adverts, adverts online, on social media, emails coming in, texts from some companies as well as people talking about it in everyday life - don't feel like your missing out by now buying stuff you don't need now. As soon as BF is over, we'll have the same again for Christmas and then come January you'll feel all the better for not getting in to debt buying crap you didn't need or presents for people that perhaps you didn't need to get or overspend on.

Wasn't sure where to post this but just thought sometimes you need a reminder that it's important not to fold to corporate pressure to spend for FOMO.

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Im obsessed by lighthouses and I don’t know why. 

IMG_4029.jpeg

image.thumb.png.16d4974414be6f8230ea43f0008d0125.png:)

https://matthewcollins5.wordpress.com/2023/10/16/seizure-stroke-cancer-in-that-order/comment-page-1/#comments

Poor bloke given a 12-18 month life expectancy from a brain tumour. Sounds horrific. Taking to raise £250k for a vaccine not available on the NHS. Managed £96k which will enable him to start the treatment. 

The blog post is worth a read for its advice about your own health alone 

21 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

https://matthewcollins5.wordpress.com/2023/10/16/seizure-stroke-cancer-in-that-order/comment-page-1/#comments

Poor bloke given a 12-18 month life expectancy from a brain tumour. Sounds horrific. Taking to raise £250k for a vaccine not available on the NHS. Managed £96k which will enable him to start the treatment. 

The blog post is worth a read for its advice about your own health alone 

Bloody hell, how sad…  

Reminded me of Hanif Kureishi, author of My Beautiful Laundrette, had a stroke last Christmas and now a paraplegic in a hospice, also writes a blog. 

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I just tweeted a brewery to tell them that all of their bottled ales in the supermarket had misprinted labels with part of the barcode missing, making them somewhat difficult to buy.

Bellend likes to help

As someone who worked on production lines at a brewery, it could just be one run of production that has the misaligned labels. Quality control should have spotted it and sorted it. Unfortunately that could either be several hundred pallets of the stuff or just a few. Depends on the brand popularity. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

As someone who worked on production lines at a brewery, it could just be one run of production that has the misaligned labels. Quality control should have spotted it and sorted it. Unfortunately that could either be several hundred pallets of the stuff or just a few. Depends on the brand popularity. 

It was all three of the lines stocked from one brewery, and judging by the amount of it on the shelves relative to their rivals, it was denting sales. One of the bigger ones so I'm sure they can take the hit but someone's had a horror

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Some people couldn't organise a barcode in a brewery.

:ph34r:

I must put my hands up and say it MIGHT have been to do with me enjoying one too many free samples on the brewery tour and bumping into the machinery (and Angela the tour guide, apologies Angela, I meant nothing by this or my subsequent comments) but either way I have learned from this and suggest we all simply move on