Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 28/11/2023 at 22:58, Free Falling Foxes said:

These programmes that follow real life police squads and investigations, usually give you an update at the end informing you of the sentences those convicted receive - or not as the case may be.

You can guarantee they are trivial.

Not only is this annoying, I believe it could encourage more crime when you see the light prison terms or suspended terms criminals often receive.

Not only that, it could also give these law breakers, ideas on how to avoid detection or to get charged with a lessor offence.

Classic example of that on The Met tonight (BBC One). A guy was assaulting and/or exposing himself over a period of time. The exposing charges were not successful because his defence was, he was exposing a strap-on he was wearing and not his actual cock.

Well, that's alright then. Surely the stress to the victim, alone on a dark street is the same? Plus, it could give ideas to other pervs on getting away with it, just make sure you keep a dildo in your flat for the police to find.

The law really is a ass.

The drug lords also seem to get pretty lenient setences.

This sums it up for me too.

You are staying over at someone else creaky old house, for example the in laws, and you need a piss during the night. Their bedroom is next to the bathroom. Is it better to....

a) flush and risk waking everyone up rudely

or

b) dont flush but leave the pissy water in the toilet bowl?

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

You are staying over at someone else creaky old house, for example the in laws, and you need a piss during the night. Their bedroom is next to the bathroom. Is it better to....

a) flush and risk waking everyone up rudely

or

b) dont flush but leave the pissy water in the toilet bowl?

If it's brown, flush it down.

If it's yellow, let it mellow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If it's brown, flush it down.

If it's yellow, let it mellow.

“This chemical toilet is a Saniflow 33, now this little babe can cope with anything, and I mean anything. Earlier on, I put in a pound of mashed up Dundee cake, let’s take a look… not a trace! Peace of mind I’m sure, especially if you have elderly relatives on board.”

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

This is the most that any stand up has resonated with me. Mine is an EPSON XP 970, as I use it for an Etsy page to sell “prints”. 

It only accepts their own branded ink and for a full set of 6 cartridges, that’s rocketed from £75 to £96 in the last year!

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

“This chemical toilet is a Saniflow 33, now this little babe can cope with anything, and I mean anything. Earlier on, I put in a pound of mashed up Dundee cake, let’s take a look… not a trace! Peace of mind I’m sure, especially if you have elderly relatives on board.”

Perhaps the Partridge writers, like my brother and I, were left in the care of an elderly aunt, an event that involved my brother having to poke one of her chods down the pan with a stick.

And no, I don't know why he felt this was his responsibility either.

Miss you, Marge 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

This is the most that any stand up has resonated with me. Mine is an EPSON XP 970, as I use it for an Etsy page to sell “prints”. 

It only accepts their own branded ink and for a full set of 6 cartridges, that’s rocketed from £75 to £96 in the last year!

Every episode he did of this series is golden, absolutely life enhancing stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I feel for you.

It's horrendous. 

It's the end of tenancy cleans that do my head in. 

Majority of the time the house is left in a better state than when we moved in, yet we'll lose deposit for something the videos or photos provided can't prove otherwise 

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Majority of the time the house is left in a better state than when we moved in, yet we'll lose deposit for something the videos or photos provided can't prove otherwise 

Unscrupulous landlords wanting a little extra money squeezed from their tenants and a reasonably easy way to do it? Sadly rather common, I would guess.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Like what? Wear and tear will be a part of your AST surely?

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Like what? Wear and tear will be a part of your AST surely?

Last year "property required a clean, hair/debris in the kitchen/washing machine" 

Which seemed BS to me, all properties should be cleaned by a company prior to someone moving in 

Was the official reason, we queried and got shut down. We didn't push too hard as moved to a house with same estate agent/landlord. 

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Last year "property required a clean, hair/debris in the kitchen/washing machine" 

Which seemed BS to me, all properties should be cleaned by a company prior to someone moving in 

Was the official reason, we queried and got shut down. We didn't push too hard as moved to a house with same estate agent/landlord. 

That is BS…sorry to hear that. Did you query with the property manager or directly with the adjudicator? Property managers are terrible people who don’t care about the tenant or landlord, don’t let them push you around as tenant rights in a dispute are clear 

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

That is BS…sorry to hear that. Did you query with the property manager or directly with the adjudicator? Property managers are terrible people who don’t care about the tenant or landlord, don’t let them push you around as tenant rights in a dispute are clear 

We had to deal with the estate agent directly rather than anyone else. We were just told they've found X, and it needed cleaning, so it'll cost you all Y. 

The landlord doesn't manage any of that, only seen him to speak to twice, both times to ask him to move his Range out of the entrance to the estate. 

I don't mind losing some deposit for actual issues. It's when they expect professionally cleaned houses, when that's not the state the house I moved into was. 

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We had to deal with the estate agent directly rather than anyone else. We were just told they've found X, and it needed cleaning, so it'll cost you all Y. 

The landlord doesn't manage any of that, only seen him to speak to twice, both times to ask him to move his Range out of the entrance to the estate. 

I don't mind losing some deposit for actual issues. It's when they expect professionally cleaned houses, when that's not the state the house I moved into was. 

Yeh that’s what I mean, with some schemes you can go directly to the deposit holder in a dispute, instead of via the agent, TDS do I think. Property managers are the thickest, most useless, underhand criminals you can ever come across, don’t believe anything they say as a tenant or landlord. 
Not to teach granny to suck eggs but always good to do your own date stamped ‘inventory’ when you get in

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh that’s what I mean, with some schemes you can go directly to the deposit holder in a dispute, instead of via the agent, TDS do I think. Property managers are the thickest, most useless, underhand criminals you can ever come across, don’t believe anything they say as a tenant or landlord. 
Not to teach granny to suck eggs but always good to do your own date stamped ‘inventory’ when you get in

Honestly did not know this, our deposit is with TDS so I'll look at that this year. 

We've taken more pictures and videos this year to query a lot of things should they get raised. Honestly just hate the amount of work needed to just avoid being ripped off 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly did not know this, our deposit is with TDS so I'll look at that this year. 

We've taken more pictures and videos this year to query a lot of things should they get raised. Honestly just hate the amount of work needed to just avoid being ripped off 

Yeh defo double check and get clear on your rights, don’t be scared of property managers, jumped up thugs! 
If you can get the landlords details send them copies of everything as well, hopefully detailing the managers incompetence, anyway good luck! 

• Thanks 1