Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Why do so many of these fools on e-scooters (the scourge of our urban areas) delivering food for uber eats/just eat/deliveroo etc insist on wearing ski masks and balaclavas? True, it's daylight robbery in every sense, but if you really must feel the need to order a KFC family bucket, do you really want it delivered to your door by someone resembling a member of the provisional IRA? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Why do so many of these fools on e-scooters (the scourge of our urban areas) delivering food for uber eats/just eat/deliveroo etc insist on wearing ski masks and balaclavas? True, it's daylight robbery in every sense, but if you really must feel the need to order a KFC family bucket, do you really want it delivered to your door by someone resembling a member of the provisional IRA? 

It's absolutely freezing and they're outside all day. I would think if you're ordering a £6.99 box of greasy fried pigeon meat for a £5 delivery fee, who or what delivers it is the least of your concerns

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It's absolutely freezing and they're outside all day. 

They do it in the summer. Take a look next year. 

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I would think if you're ordering a £6.99 box of greasy fried pigeon meat for a £5 delivery fee, who or what delivers it is the least of your concerns

And I would think it just adds to the sheer stupidity of using these services. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpacedX said:

They do it in the summer. Take a look next year. 

And I would think it just adds to the sheer stupidity of using these services. 

Maybe dont want your neighbour knowing you have a side gig doing that ? Maybe embarassed by it???  Orherwise no idea lol

On 16/12/2023 at 10:38, UniFox21 said:

Football has become such an athlete and tactic driven sport we've lost and will lose more of those magical players at top level. 

This is incredibly correct.

The nineties into the two thousands had it about right for tactics and skill blended.

Whilst we're at it - the tactical approach isn't that entertaining. It does yield some good passages of play but it isn't that watchable for the neutral.

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It's absolutely freezing and they're outside all day. I would think if you're ordering a £6.99 box of greasy fried pigeon meat for a £5 delivery fee, who or what delivers it is the least of your concerns

They drive/scoot like absolute bell ends. Zero accountability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Maybe dont want your neighbour knowing you have a side gig doing that ? Maybe embarassed by it???  Orherwise no idea lol

Trust me, I've done far worse that ponce about on a ridiculous e-scooter delivering burgers. pizzas and fries for pennies dressed like a member of the SAS.

• Haha 1

leicester city/ leicester related sticker packs to put in pubs/bars etc. anyone do these anymore? 

i travel a decent amount and whenever i'm in the bogs i could be putting something in here leicester related, other than my piss.

Edited by Out Foxed

Just now, Out Foxed said:

leicester city/ leicester related sticker packs to put in pubs/bars etc. anyone do these anymore? 

i travel a decent amount and whenever in the bogs i could be putting something in her leicester related, other than my piss.

I travel all over the country with my job.

I think it was in Yorkshire somewhere last week, there was a sticker on a ceiling that was at least 15 foot above the floor that just said..."ALDERSHOT F.C. THE PRIDE OF HAMPSHIRE" lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Why is SPOTY on tonight???

It's always on a Sunday.

There's live football on.

It's nowhere near as good as it was years ago, but still.

Surely should've been on last weekend?

Because it's all about oit the BBC tick box exercise as tonight's winner can confirm.

• Like 2

Just now, Raj said:

Because it's all about oit the BBC tick box exercise as tonight's winner can confirm.

Feels a bit like that now. I don't think the winner tonight was that controversial. 

Had we won the Ashes 3-2 with the exact same finish, Stuart Broad would've won it for the next 39 years.

The panel that chose the shortlist were aware that Frankie Dettori is Italian, right?

I can't moan, I didn't vote. It would've been Broad first and Rory second for me.

But having seen Mary Earps dress...

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Feels a bit like that now. I don't think the winner tonight was that controversial. 

Had we won the Ashes 3-2 with the exact same finish, Stuart Broad would've won it for the next 39 years.

The panel that chose the shortlist were aware that Frankie Dettori is Italian, right?

I can't moan, I didn't vote. It would've been Broad first and Rory second for me.

But having seen Mary Earps dress...

Think I read he got nominated as he had been in the country for x years but then whole host of footballers etc could be picked ?

Anyway it did seem Earps and Broad were the clear favourites with the bookies and it showed .

I wonder if KJT would have pushed them further had she won gold in an Olympics?

Some have pointed out Alfie Hewitt probably had the most successful year but he isn’t mainstream or known well enough .