Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

My son gets back from school earlier and I ask him how his day went.

"I was sick at football" he said.

"Was it something you ate? A bug? Too much time in the sun?" I replied

"No you idiot" he says. "I scored a worldie from outside the box"

:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

After a couple of days, international football gets pretty boring pretty quickly. I’m not invested, I hate VAR, feigning head injuries is tedious, I’d rather watch a live stream of drunk fans being beaten up by the German police. 

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

After a couple of days, international football gets pretty boring pretty quickly. I’m not invested, I hate VAR, feigning head injuries is tedious, I’d rather watch a live stream of drunk fans being beaten up by the German police. 

Its certainly boring when it is in the middle of the night.  Struggling to care about England even, let alone my usual random game watching.  Strictly 3 minute highlights this time round.

I've seen a couple of things about the Olympic Rugby Sevens.

When I see the words "Rugby Repechage", my brain changes it to "Rugby Rape Charge", :blink: .

(which it also sounds a bit like, if spoken by Inspector Clouseau)

Why, brain, why?

I've seen some of the comments being made about the search for Jay Slater on social media.

I really don't think we have the right to take the piss out of some of the folks in the US any more without it being a serious case of pot and kettle, to be honest.

Edited by leicsmac

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

IMG_0106.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I've seen some of the comments being made about the search for Jay Slater on social media.

I really don't think we have the right to take the piss out of some of the folks in the US any more without it being a serious case of pot and kettle, to be honest.

Hahaha my colleague at work has been showing us everyday. It is insane!!! It’s my first dose of social media conspiracy theories. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Hahaha my colleague at work has been showing us everyday. It is insane!!! It’s my first dose of social media conspiracy theories. 

It's such a fantastic application of Poe's Law because I truly, honestly cannot tell a lot of the time who is actually being sincere and who is taking the piss there.

long been the case unfortunately 

It's the case now that whenever someone goes missing there are now always armchair detectives who spout out so many conspiracy theories as to what happened and go through all the history of the missing person to attain what sort of character they are/we're to somehow suggest it was their own fault or something. 

26 minutes ago, bovril said:

long been the case unfortunately 

Yeah, you're right on that, I think.

22 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

It's the case now that whenever someone goes missing there are now always armchair detectives who spout out so many conspiracy theories as to what happened and go through all the history of the missing person to attain what sort of character they are/we're to somehow suggest it was their own fault or something. 

Yeah, it appears so.

But some of the stuff out there now just seems utterly batshit.

I love living in the United States.  I have come across more kindness and hospitality here than anywhere else.

But also the amount of crackpots far outweighs  all the crackpots I have seen in all the other countries put together.

it really is a bizarre place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I love living in the United States.  I have come across more kindness and hospitality here than anywhere else.

But also the amount of crackpots far outweighs  all the crackpots I have seen in all the other countries put together.

it really is a bizarre place.

I’ve done several extended road trips in the States - not really met any random acts of kindness, but I have met a substantial number of nutters. 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I wish we had Crackerbarrel here in the UK.

That said, I guess it wouldn't be the same as it is in Florida.

We have Cracker Barrel here in North Carolina. Love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I’ve done several extended road trips in the States - not really met any random acts of kindness, but I have met a substantial number of nutters. 

Pesky tourists :whistle:

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Pesky infant

You'd think someone would’ve taken his gun away by now

IMG_7076.thumb.jpeg.a17c239da2f7c27410fafc35a121590a.jpeg

Umm, this would  come under the nutjobs sections ( parents leaving guns accessible to infants) , but we’ve anlready  established there are nut jobs haven’t we!

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Umm, this would  come under the nutjobs sections ( parents leaving guns accessible to infants) , but we’ve anlready  established there are nut jobs haven’t we!

You’ve missed the joke again 😁

Almost every Amazon delivery van I see has damage to one or more body panels. I can kind of see that it happens as drivers are rushed, inexperienced, delivering to some fairly difficult places to access etc. But yesterday I saw a van that had the panel above the windscreen entirely dented in. I can only imagine it's been driven under some height restricting barrier.

I wonder if there's any sanctions for drivers that cause damage?

Maybe @tom27111 might know.