Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

All these Turkish barber shops in town but also now as far out in places like Blaby, massively oversaturated market, often entirely empty.

Am I just being cynical or is there some blatant money laundering going on? 

Add to that car washes that offer cheap rates and perhaps some takeaway places that take only cash and don't appear to get much custom.

That being said, you see it everywhere - I sure as hell saw a load of what I thought were such fronts in Korea.

4 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

All these Turkish barber shops in town but also now as far out in places like Blaby, massively oversaturated market, often entirely empty.

There's one near me that's actually been pretty popular since it turned up, but that's probably because it replaced what might have been the worst barbers in the Western hemisphere. 

I hear a lot about this, the same things being said about vape shops, tanning salons and American candy stores. Is there any truth to it though? It's taking hiding in plain site to an exciting level isn't it? 

I know the enforcement agencies have been hollowed out to next to nothing but it seems a bit obvious to keep setting up something there's widespread suspicion of

4 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

They're popular because they do a good job, but there is definitely something dodgy about how many of them there are.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

They're popular because they do a good job, but there is definitely something dodgy about how many of them there are.

So do the Turkish dentists, apparently.

Why aren't we awash with them?

Just now, Parafox said:

We can see photo's of the far reaches of the Milky Way in HD detail.

Why then, is CCTV footage so shit?

The same reason photos/videos of UFOs and Bigfoot are grainy messes?

Government conspiracy!

11 hours ago, Parafox said:

We can see photo's of the far reaches of the Milky Way in HD detail.

Why then, is CCTV footage so shit?

Because of how telescopes work. 

They're essentially light buckets that stay still over long exposures soaking up as much light from the source as possible. Hence they gradually gain a lot of detail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Well, today feels very Munich Beer Hall Putsch.

Just hope England can win the Euros tonight so that there's something to celebrate before things really go to hell in a handbasket.

....to hell in a handbasket directly it is, then.

• Haha 1

On 13/07/2024 at 18:40, Parafox said:

So do the Turkish dentists, apparently.

Why aren't we awash with them?

Dentists are regulated and much more difficult to deal with I would assume. Businesses like barbers, car washes etc are easy to put cash through the till and launder any ill gotten gains.

The below has been written onto the black and white chevrons at a roundabout near Kirby.

Any others or is this just a random one?

IRA

HAMAS

INLA  (irish republican paramilitary group)

Edited by adam1

8 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

Who tf is writing INLA?

Nobody over here is even writing that

Hence I wrote what it was! Even I had to google it - I consider myself to be fairly informed!!!! No ones gonna have a clue.

1 hour ago, adam1 said:

The below has been written onto the black and white chevrons at a roundabout near Kirby.

IRA

HAMAS

I saw that the other day, I can only assume it is the Kirby Muxloe wing of a terrorist organisation.

Kirby Muxloe ain't wot it used to be!

9 minutes ago, boots60 said:

I saw that the other day, I can only assume it is the Kirby Muxloe wing of a terrorist organisation.

They will soon be running arms from Rothley Brook to the Humber.... 😉

8 hours ago, boots60 said:

Edited by Parafox

13 hours ago, adam1 said:

IRA

HAMAS

12 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

They haven't been about in easily over a decade.

They've actually disbanded

Fairly sure the IRA have, in its old form, too. 

The graffiti folks need to be more specific. Are they the Continuity IRA, the Provisional IRA or the Real IRA. Might be others available! 

Either way, and aside from my facetiousness, clearly written by tw@ts!

Been in A&E for three and a half hours now, and I think I’m qualified to say that the majority of people who are/have been here are malingering fvckwads with no discernable ailment. 

Thing that’s got me most has been the number of people who wait for 30mins to an hour and then decide they’re going because they haven’t been seen quickly. 

Them, and the teen d1ckheads who’ve been treating the place like an adventure playground, managing to overcome fatal ailments to keep popping outside for a fag, and generally making the security’s lives miserable. 

Them and the couple who decided that since their request for a bed to lie down on while waiting had been ignored, helped themselves to a treatment room. 

How NHS staff go to work and don’t punch the public everyday is probably the most amazing thing about them. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Been in A&E for three and a half hours now, and I think I’m qualified to say that the majority of people who are/have been here are malingering fvckwads with no discernable ailment. 

Thing that’s got me most has been the number of people who wait for 30mins to an hour and then decide they’re going because they haven’t been seen quickly. 

Them, and the teen d1ckheads who’ve been treating the place like an adventure playground, managing to overcome fatal ailments to keep popping outside for a fag, and generally making the security’s lives miserable. 

Them and the couple who decided that since their request for a bed to lie down on while waiting had been ignored, helped themselves to a treatment room. 

How NHS staff go to work and don’t punch the public everyday is probably the most amazing thing about them. 

Starmer out! :ph34r: