Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

23 hours ago, Daggers said:

Been in A&E for three and a half hours now, and I think I’m qualified to say that the majority of people who are/have been here are malingering fvckwads with no discernable ailment. 

Thing that’s got me most has been the number of people who wait for 30mins to an hour and then decide they’re going because they haven’t been seen quickly. 

Them, and the teen d1ckheads who’ve been treating the place like an adventure playground, managing to overcome fatal ailments to keep popping outside for a fag, and generally making the security’s lives miserable. 

Them and the couple who decided that since their request for a bed to lie down on while waiting had been ignored, helped themselves to a treatment room. 

How NHS staff go to work and don’t punch the public everyday is probably the most amazing thing about them. 

Was it comfy?

• Haha 1

Is the world going to shit.. or am i just getting old.

Work were supposed to have booked my accomodation out in rural WA for tonight. They email to say yep under control we'll send you the detials....I turn up at the only hotel/motel in town at 5pm to be told.. nope we dont have a booking for you and we are full!!

Contact works travel dept..... 'oh we dont know whats happened there"...

How can you  you **** up your only job?

Now livin it up in the dodgiest room at the back of a roadhouse.

FFS 

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Is the world going to shit.. or am i just getting old.

Work were supposed to have booked my accomodation out in rural WA for tonight. They email to say yep under control we'll send you the detials....I turn up at the only hotel/motel in town at 5pm to be told.. nope we dont have a booking for you and we are full!!

Contact works travel dept..... 'oh we dont know whats happened there"...

How can you  you **** up your only job?

Now livin it up in the dodgiest room at the back of a roadhouse.

FFS 

I've noticed this. The slow deterioration of pretty much everything service related. 

• Like 2

On 17/07/2024 at 08:39, Daggers said:

Been in A&E for three and a half hours now, and I think I’m qualified to say that the majority of people who are/have been here are malingering fvckwads with no discernable ailment. 

Thing that’s got me most has been the number of people who wait for 30mins to an hour and then decide they’re going because they haven’t been seen quickly. 

Them, and the teen d1ckheads who’ve been treating the place like an adventure playground, managing to overcome fatal ailments to keep popping outside for a fag, and generally making the security’s lives miserable. 

Them and the couple who decided that since their request for a bed to lie down on while waiting had been ignored, helped themselves to a treatment room. 

How NHS staff go to work and don’t punch the public everyday is probably the most amazing thing about them. 

lots of people are using A&E as an extension of primary care now.... can't get a doctors appointment, so turn up to A&E to be seen....   People will have lots of differing opinions on Wes Streeting, but his pledge to focus money from the NHS budget into Primary Care and front line services is spot on....   people used to complain that they HAD to see a doctor within 48 hours back in the Blair days... now... it's more like "we'll call you back in two weeks".... 

• Like 1

Just now, Daggers said:

Day 2 on opiates, and I really see this as being a potential live change. Everything is now more opiatey. 

Downside, I appear to have spent £1700 on a phone. 

Upside, I just don’t care. 

Opiates are brilliant. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

lots of people are using A&E as an extension of primary care now.... can't get a doctors appointment, so turn up to A&E to be seen....   People will have lots of differing opinions on Wes Streeting, but his pledge to focus money from the NHS budget into Primary Care and front line services is spot on....   people used to complain that they HAD to see a doctor within 48 hours back in the Blair days... now... it's more like "we'll call you back in two weeks".... 

Friend was in A&E the other day, group of lads turned up with sun burn asking to see a doctor 

Kamala Harris is 5/2 to win in November.

Lump on - if you win you won't get a better price going forward, if you don't, well...civilisation won't be around long enough for you to miss the money. :D

Edited by leicsmac

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Lump on - if you win you won't get a better price going forward, if you don't well civilisation won't be around long enough for you to miss the money. :D

she isn’t well liked within the Democratic Party. She’s very “Anti-Israel” and they have some very influential Jewish backers and party members. I’m not convinced she’ll get the nomination.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

she isn’t well liked within the Democratic Party. She’s very “Anti-Israel” and they have some very influential Jewish backers and party members. I’m not convinced she’ll get the nomination.

That's entirely possible, yeah.

We'll know pretty quickly.

Edit: It's pretty clear how high the stakes are for the future on this one. I'm sure you know that too.

Edited by leicsmac

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Lump on - if you win you won't get a better price going forward, if you don't well civilisation won't be around long enough for you to miss the money. :D

She was like 30/1 a few months ago when I was thinking of putting a tenner on :( 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

That's entirely possible, yeah.

We'll know pretty quickly.

there’s Jews within the Democratic Party  who are seething at Biden’s handling of Gaza. She has much more.. sterner (!?) views on Israel than Biden.. she’ll only widen the divide within.

21 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Don’t listen! I’ve invested in the true American patriot Donald J trump. Man of the people. Need his price to keep getting shorter

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Don’t listen! I’ve invested in the true American patriot Donald J trump. Man of the people. Need his price to keep getting shorter

What makes you think that a while after a victory for that patriot there will be any currency worth anything other than bottlecaps? :D

45 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

What makes you think that a while after a victory for that patriot there will be any currency worth anything other than bottlecaps? :D

A very good point, and prime example of the downfall of the west because everyone thinks of their short term selves 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

We could use a similar chart for FT posters

Most would be in the orange category tbh

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Lump on - if you win you won't get a better price going forward, if you don't, well...civilisation won't be around long enough for you to miss the money. :D

meh, ive just dropped a monkey on Oprah... @301/1  :)

39 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

meh, ive just dropped a monkey on Oprah... @301/1  :)

Not going to happen, too many people to come out of the woodwork on how terrible she is etc.

I wonder if they go full out of the blue Michelle Obama.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

there is a LOT of misinformation being spread in the "news" thread at the moment

Is there?  Seems mostly the opinion that Harris is not well liked?  I have heard that from a lot of sources over the past 4 years.