Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Is there?  Seems mostly the opinion that Harris is not well liked?  I have heard that from a lot of sources over the past 4 years.

“I don’t like it, therefore it’s misinformation”

Opinions please......I've been invited to a housewarming party.  Someone from work, reasonably friendly with them. Just got married bought first house, early 30s, decent jobs.......what's a reasonable gift or sum of money as a gift?  Not sure a fiver in a card or a bottle of lambrini is going to cut it.

Please remember I also have to save up for tickets to feed my lcfc addiction 🤣

Just now, rugbyblue said:

Opinions please......I've been invited to a housewarming party.  Someone from work, reasonably friendly with them. Just got married bought first house, early 30s, decent jobs.......what's a reasonable gift or sum of money as a gift?  Not sure a fiver in a card or a bottle of lambrini is going to cut it.

Live, love, laugh picture 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, rugbyblue said:

If the presence of a good friend isn't enough for them then fvck them off for some proper people to know. They own a house and have money - why the fvck should they get presents for their privilege?

1 hour ago, rugbyblue said:

I reckon about 20-30 quid is reasonable. 

BUT make sure you get that back in drinks and food on the night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

If the house needs work a £20 B&Q voucher would be a useful and generous gift. If not, upgrade the lambrini to Prosecco and job done. They should be having the party to celebrate their new home with friends, it's not about gifts. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

Pat on the back, wish them well and get in the feckin line like the rest of us who got **** all and paying our own bills.

I mean, get them a toaster oven and a fresh loaf of sliced bread.  Lol

I do wonder what happened to all the schoolkids who spent 2 minutes every project copy-pasting some text into PowerPoint and three weeks working on the screen transition and sound effects?

15 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Pat on the back, wish them well and get in the feckin line like the rest of us who got **** all and paying our own bills.

I mean, get them a toaster oven and a fresh loaf of sliced bread.  Lol

Elite Gourmet ETO236 Personal 2 Slice Countertop Toaster Oven with 15  Minute Timer Includes Pan and Wire Rack, Bake, Broil, Toast, Black :  Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

Who knew?

• Haha 1

On 22/07/2024 at 21:08, rugbyblue said:

I'd just get them a small house plant and a card. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The amount of Leeds United shirts I have seen over the last few days in Scarborough is insane.

Scarborough is the Leeds Skegness.

• Like 1