Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Agreed but as a member of the G7 we should be walking the walk, or it comes to a case of do as I say not as I do - I think there a re lots of initiatives we can do locally to improve the local climate, less pollution on your doorstep will benefit your lungs for example. 

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

We have to walk the walk and play a leading part in convincing others to do so as well, yes.

GB feels like a Bit of a Lone Ranger amongst the G7 when it comes to leading the way.. really need the likes of The US to follow suit who, unfortunately, have far more influence. China and India seem far too wrapped up in their own expansion and don’t want to see this curbed or ‘ regulated’ in part because they want to have a bigger influence on the world stage. Yet another master stroke , I believe, by the U.S in playing the Billy big balls on the world stage.

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

GB feels like a Bit of a Lone Ranger amongst the G7 when it comes to leading the way.. really need the likes of The US to follow suit who, unfortunately, have far more influence. China and India seem far too wrapped up in their own expansion and don’t want to see this curbed or ‘ regulated’ in part because they want to have a bigger influence on the world stage. Yet another master stroke , I believe, by the U.S in playing the Billy big balls on the world stage.

Was speaking to some Chinese students and the majority thought that climate change was exaggerated by Anglo-Saxon countries to undermine economic growth in developing countries. 

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Was speaking to some Chinese students and the majority thought that climate change was exaggerated by Anglo-Saxon countries to undermine economic growth in developing countries. 

And yet, the consensus among Chinese people and government is that the issue is a real problem (a perhaps surprisingfind from my thesis), and they are putting in more renewable energy infrastructure at the present time than the rest of the world put together.

The Indians and the Russians, however...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And yet, the consensus among Chinese people and government is that the issue is a real problem (a perhaps surprisingfind from my thesis), and they are putting in more renewable energy infrastructure at the present time than the rest of the world put together.

The Indians and the Russians, however...

There’s more people in China learning  English than English people living in England.

i guess my point is that China is such a massive country, and is continuing to grow all the time in terms of infrastructure that what appears to be a lot in relation to the rest of the world or at least G7 efforts, are just a small fraction of what is needed. A smaller fraction per capita than say the UK, maybe. I do think that any efforts they are making are probably more out of concern for local city smog than any world benefit..

and with regards to the Chinese people, who I have a lot of sympathy for, I just really hope their opinion and thoughts are considered on  any government level.

Edited by MPH

26 minutes ago, bovril said:

I can’t help but think of their government influencing  that train of thought..

56 minutes ago, MPH said:

There’s more people in China learning  English than English people living in England.

i guess my point is that China is such a massive country, and is continuing to grow all the time in terms of infrastructure that what appears to be a lot in relation to the rest of the world or at least G7 efforts, are just a small fraction of what is needed. A smaller fraction per capita than say the UK, maybe. I do think that any efforts they are making are probably more out of concern for local city smog than any world benefit..

and with regards to the Chinese people, who I have a lot of sympathy for, I just really hope their opinion and thoughts are considered on  any government level.

That's entirely possible, I'd have to do some number crunching to be sure but the raw data is impressive to me

And

As long as what needs to get done gets done the motivation is rather secondary to me because the consequences of not doing it are far worse than even the most nefarious excesses of the worst dictatorships at the present time.

In that order.

54 minutes ago, MPH said:

I can’t help but think of their government influencing  that train of thought..

Again, possible, but on this particular matter the intentions of Joe Misinformation stateside and his effect on things in November is much more damaging than anything the Chinese are up to.

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Can we discuss the riots, nicely, on this thread?..:dunno:

Nah, keep this thread for random ramblings.

Like how I love it when you discover certain nations excel at certain sports, Poland and Indonesia seem to boss women's speed climbing. Maybe it's a red and white flag thing.

Edited by Nalis

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

I bought a phone with O2. Got a text to say I can buy the Galaxy Buds3 Pro earpods for £20. I was convinced this was a scam - but apparently not, what a bargain!

Sounds good but I bought a phone with Sky and got them free 😉

• Haha 1

The country is on fire, there are threads and posts being deleted at quick fire pace and yet the last post in Forum Support was well over a month ago.

Hang your heads in shame.

• Haha 1

If they are going to delete threads, or if what appear to the untrained eye to be perfectly reasonable posts disagreeing with other posters are going to diasappear, perhaps a pinned thread listing what is and what isn't acceptable might be in order.

:dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If they are going to delete threads, or if what appear to the untrained eye to be perfectly reasonable posts disagreeing with other posters are going to diasappear, perhaps a pinned thread listing what is and what isn't acceptable might be in order.

:dunno:

But then some will probably still moan about the potential new rule/s being unfair.

Reckon the locking of the various News threads recently has put genuine members/posters off the forum in some ways (for example, 'Col' has gone).

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

But then some will probably still moan about the potential new rule/s being unfair.

Reckon the locking of the various News threads recently has put genuine members/posters off the forum in some ways (for example, 'Col' has gone).

He didn't help himself with some of the stuff he was saying... 

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I bought a phone with O2. Got a text to say I can buy the Galaxy Buds3 Pro earpods for £20. I was convinced this was a scam - but apparently not, what a bargain!

Samsung always do some great offers like that. My wife had that when she got her last phone. She then lost the buds and we bought some new ones. 

Somehow she had dropped them into the Christmas decorations boxes when packing them up for the year. We found them December the following year. Also found out she had dropped a keepsake of our dead cats hair in the same box. She was rather happy when we found that but I couldn't believe the buds. It reminded me of when my grandma "lost" her engagement ring so my grandad bought her another one. 

15 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I was admonished because of being too "political" on the News forum which is astounding when you think most of the news items have a political nature.

For God's sake we've just had a General Election.

Admin, I'm afraid, have got it all wrong but it takes a big man to admit it.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yep. single file queues, sometimes heading towards the doors. It’s mental.

It was a covid thing that unfortunately stuck around. It clogs up the bar area massively when there are any more than 3 people waiting.