Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

50 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

It’s what you say when you get caught 

Been there, done that.

And that's how I know it's not a "mistake".

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, Mark said:

That's the stuff from twitter transfer thread in the bin, you're not supposed to see what I rename it lol

looking forward to seeing the thread renamed. “ bloody morons” lol

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Nature docs and the worldwide reputation of its news reportage says differently, but yeah, they've not handled this well.

I’m going on the amount of scandals involving the BBC, I’m not attacking David Attenborough here. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I’m going on the amount of scandals involving the BBC, I’m not attacking David Attenborough here. 

Pardon me for misinterpreting the generalisation, then.

They do need to be more mindful and proactive when it comes to such things.

Angry today damn useless internet it went and found a stream for the Lens game felt I had to watch it out of loyalty. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Angry today damn useless internet it went and found a stream for the Lens game felt I had to watch it out of loyalty. 

I had more luck.

At one stage, I leapt from the sofa yellng and screaming. Mrs. FFF came in the room and said I take it City have scored? Why are you so excited she said, it's only a friendly?

I said it's not that - the stream has froze.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, oakman said:

The new Banksy works that have been appearing around London are utter dog sh*t. They’re not even well stencilled.

I’m guessing he might be in a bit of a rush to get them done 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Got myself an Air Conditioner a couple of weeks ago and I now don't know why I didn't do it years ago. You can't put a price on actually being able to sleep.

I've considered one. I assume yours is a free standing one. I was put off because I'm a light sleeper and I thought the noise would disturb me.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That this is even a discussion for people resident in the UK now shows how things are changing.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Or in this case, convection. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

I've considered one. I assume yours is a free standing one. I was put off because I'm a light sleeper and I thought the noise would disturb me.

Yeah, this is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0D3HW2GD2/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was £300 a couple of weeks ago, now £400! 

They are quite noisy, certainly to an extent where it would make falling asleep more difficult. 

We haven't been having it on all night anyhow, we've found running it for an hour or so before we go to bed, in that time it lowers the room temperature by about 5°c, which is more comfortable. 

It's almost a bit of a psychological comfort thing as well, knowing you've got it there, if that makes any sense.

• Thanks 1