Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Had cause to send this email...

Good morning

I am saddened to say that our stay at your hotel has been ruined by the constant smell of cigarette smoke both in our room and in the corridors leading to it.

It is your staff (pictured) causing this cancerous atmosphere.

I had to advise your staff on three different occasions not to smoke there, directly outside my window (room 1110). After the third occasion, I went to reception, where the receptionist said "That's disgusting ", and gave me your card.

I returned to my room, and had a knock on the door from the two members of staff in the front of the picture...   were they apologising for ruining my stay?

No-  they asked why I was taking pictures, and then, in quite a threatening tone said that I cannot take pictures of them.

Well...   please find attached the pictures I have taken of the area in question.

Please do as you wish with this information.   I am sure you will agree that this is unacceptable.

Had response of 50% refund.   It's worth complaining.
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Cricket reports now referring to 'batters' instead of batsman.

I know why its done but come on, if we are reading a report relating to a mens team, why not put 'batsman'?

Almost put this in the Grind My Gears thread

batpeople 

Decent analysis today in the FT about 'the world's going to sh1t mate' you usually hear. If you stay within your confined cosy European bubble it certainly is, outside there are positive signs:

Subscribe to read (ft.com)

How should a universalist — somebody who holds that human life has equal worth irrespective of location — regard the overall trajectory of the past half century?
The philosopher John Rawls suggested that questions about the just ordering of society should be considered from behind a “veil of ignorance”. If you knew nothing about your own attributes — whether you were rich or poor, male or female, Chinese or American — which society would you choose to inhabit: today’s world, or the world of 50 years ago? Given that your chances of being Chinese or Indian are roughly two-fifths, while your chances of being a westerner are about one-tenth, you would almost certainly choose the present. Trouble in Beverly Hills should not obscure the much wider progress of those who live on less elevated ground.
  • Like 1

So... today i had to return a laptop charger to Amazon. They make it so easy, I just grabbed the box of the counter, retaped it closed, too it to the post office, they scanned my return email, printed a label and took it away. Two hours later the $25.00 refund  is in my account.

Now... lol

I get back home the wonderful Mrs Oz holds up the box and says,
"i thought you were sending this back?".... 
"wait...what..i did...?"
"no.. its in this box"...What did you send?"
"the box from the counter"
"you mean the box with our $350 replacement controller for the airconditioner?"
"oh fvck"

and no way to get it back :cry:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

How do people work in Wanlip? It makes me gag every time I drive past.

Is it some waste management company operating there?..

Would hate to live in that village.

Edited by Wymsey

Don't know why the story that consisted of her has been recommended to me by Google, but Christ what has happened to Amanda Bynes..

Bless her.

88286257-13721025-Amanda_Bynes_debuted_a

Edited by Wymsey
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Don't know why the story that consisted of her has been recommended to me by Google, but Christ what has happened to Amanda Bynes..

Bless her.

88286257-13721025-Amanda_Bynes_debuted_a

I have a lot of sympathy for her, her childhood was robbed. I haven't fact checked this but it seems she has been in and out of rehab for most of her adulthood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Just had a craving for a Beetroot sandwich.

I did read once that when something like that happens, it is your bodies way of telling you that it needs the vitamins ect that the particular food gives you.

:dunno:

I often get a craving for gin. 

What vitamins do juniper berries give you?

Actually they're quite good for you. Unfortunately not when they're used to distil into gin.

5 Emerging Benefits of Juniper Berries (healthline.com)

57 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Just had a craving for a Beetroot sandwich.

I did read once that when something like that happens, it is your bodies way of telling you that it needs the vitamins ect that the particular food gives you.

:dunno:

I love beetroot. One of those healthy foods that I could happily eat loads of. 

• Like 1