Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Feel in a really weird situation at work at the moment. On the face of it, everything should be great, but as you may have already guessed it isn't. 

Generally speaking, some days are good some are not so good, but the variety is there and it is ok. I always think about the "grass isn't always greener" etc. The company is flexible, I can work from home 2 days a week and I'm recently promoted which is really where the problem begins. The job was tough already, it is now even harder and I have less support than I did before. Weirdly enough I've had very few client complaints/issues as such in 8 years of service, I reckon I've had over double the amount of client related issues already in 3 months in my new role. Whilst I know that isn't my fault, it is tough mentally to not feel like it's your fault and when people are angry and abusive towards you, it just gets too much sometimes. 

If I were to quit, it would be a complete career change and probably a fairly significant pay cut to go with it, but my mental and physical health are taking a hit sitting in front of a desk all day doing this job. I had a friend in a similar situation and he's just quit to a job that I would do, he's absolutely loving it which just makes the temptation even more. 

I've been through these patches at work before, but never like this, this is different because it is getting to me.

11 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Feel in a really weird situation at work at the moment. On the face of it, everything should be great, but as you may have already guessed it isn't. 

Generally speaking, some days are good some are not so good, but the variety is there and it is ok. I always think about the "grass isn't always greener" etc. The company is flexible, I can work from home 2 days a week and I'm recently promoted which is really where the problem begins. The job was tough already, it is now even harder and I have less support than I did before. Weirdly enough I've had very few client complaints/issues as such in 8 years of service, I reckon I've had over double the amount of client related issues already in 3 months in my new role. Whilst I know that isn't my fault, it is tough mentally to not feel like it's your fault and when people are angry and abusive towards you, it just gets too much sometimes. 

If I were to quit, it would be a complete career change and probably a fairly significant pay cut to go with it, but my mental and physical health are taking a hit sitting in front of a desk all day doing this job. I had a friend in a similar situation and he's just quit to a job that I would do, he's absolutely loving it which just makes the temptation even more. 

I've been through these patches at work before, but never like this, this is different because it is getting to me.

If I was to offer advice on what to ask yourself, I’d say:

- Are there any small changes you can implement that would help rather than sweeping changes, such as personally-imposed barriers?

- You could set yourself a deadline for things to improve and then stick to that, compartmentalise the situation rather than it being one single, seemingly endless stream of stress.

- Do you have any dependants that you support and would be significantly negatively affected by a change in your employment?

- If you have a voice nagging in the back of your mind that you should never accept “demotion”, ignore it. If it’s best for you, it’s best for you. (ie accepting a lower wage elsewhere for your own reasons.)

I hope things get better soon anyway.

• Thanks 1

We probably all know that the penalty box dimensions are 44 yd x 18 yd.

So the penalty box area is 44 x 18 = 792 sq yd.

Writing the number 792 as 0792 then reversing the digits we get 2970. Now subtract the smaller from the larger number:

2970 - 0792 = 2178.

Reversing the digits of 2178 we get 8712. Again subtract the smaller from the larger number:

8712 - 2178 = 6534.

Reversing the digits of 6534 we get 4356. Again subtract the smaller from the larger number:

6534 - 4356 = 2178.

So we end up back with the number obtained previously, and the reversing digits then subtracting process loops round infinitely!

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

And yet almost 75yrs

IMG_20240901_222428_036.jpg

pretty sure the lid has changed over that time... They added a hole at the top in case it got swallowed?

*Accoding that truth bearing publication R?eaders Digest... was added in 1991 (fvckin woke bullshit)
https://www.rd.com/article/hole-in-pen-cap/

...you probably never thought much else about ballpoint pens, including the fact that there’s a hole in the cap. What in the world is it doing there? Is it a mistake?

It’s no mistake. In 1991, companies including BIC began designing each ballpoint pen cap with a tiny hole at the top, leaving many to wonder what it means and the purpose it could possibly serve.

Here’s the deal: Not only is the hole in the cap protecting the ink in the pen, but it’s also protecting the user from potential safety hazards.

Edited by ozleicester

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone ever tried fasting for health benefits? After some reseach I'm going to try 7pm sunday to 1pm Monday to start with. This isn't for religious beliefs, just something I'd like to try.

I don't really eat breakfast as I never feel hungry, so this is basically every day of my life lol

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone ever tried fasting for health benefits? After some reseach I'm going to try 7pm sunday to 1pm Monday to start with. This isn't for religious beliefs, just something I'd like to try.

The best way I've seen people do it is have your main meal in the evening then don't eat again for 16 hours. Essentially eating all your food for that day in one 8 hour window. 

My cousin only eats one meal a day around 4-5pm then has nothing else other than drinks. 

15 hours ago, ozleicester said:

pretty sure the lid has changed over that time... They added a hole at the top in case it got swallowed?

*Accoding that truth bearing publication R?eaders Digest... was added in 1991 (fvckin woke bullshit)
https://www.rd.com/article/hole-in-pen-cap/

...you probably never thought much else about ballpoint pens, including the fact that there’s a hole in the cap. What in the world is it doing there? Is it a mistake?

It’s no mistake. In 1991, companies including BIC began designing each ballpoint pen cap with a tiny hole at the top, leaving many to wonder what it means and the purpose it could possibly serve.

Here’s the deal: Not only is the hole in the cap protecting the ink in the pen, but it’s also protecting the user from potential safety hazards.

Edited by Parafox
Wrong info

10 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Like @Babylon I don't eat breakfast either. Sometimes I struggle with lunch but, generally manage something and then have an evening meal. I've never noticed any benefits. What information have you found that it's beneficial?

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Like @Babylon I don't eat breakfast either. Sometimes I struggle with lunch but, generally manage something and then have an evening meal. I've never noticed any benefits. What information have you found that it's beneficial?

There’s precious little scientific evidence to support intermittent fasting - and, of what there is, it is either from very small sample sizes and/or conflicting in results. 

The only real benefit pointed to is that the adherence to such an eating plan entails a greater focus on diet - and therefore greater weight management, including the reduction of fat deposits surrounding organs.

As a rule of thumb, ignore American studies and their results for almost anything - their funding structure corrupts most findings, and yet they tend to dominate media coverage and Google results.

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

It’s good for weightless as it means you can generally have a bigger evening meal and still be at a calorie deficit. So it works well for those who have big appetites but still want to cut down.

39 minutes ago, Daggers said:

There’s precious little scientific evidence to support intermittent fasting - and, of what there is, it is either from very small sample sizes and/or conflicting in results. 

The only real benefit pointed to is that the adherence to such an eating plan entails a greater focus on diet - and therefore greater weight management, including the reduction of fat deposits surrounding organs.

As a rule of thumb, ignore American studies and there results for almost anything - their funding structure corrupts most findings, and yet they tend to dominate media coverage and Google results.

I don't do intermittent fasting, I'm just never hungry in the morning. I just hoped I was accidentally doing something beneficial lol