Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

31 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Just a composite them pair mert, don't think they were particularly deep but not sure how they set their prices

Me neither, I cant fix the fecker myself so I'll have to roll with it

There's fans on here who are happy just to constantly revise down their expectations of the club. If some were told we'd be relegated in the summer of 2022 they'd rightly be furious and demand change, by the time it happened they accepted it.

Maybe it's because we won things we never expected but the "What do you expect attitude" is just so crap. What's the point in going or watching if you're just invariably fine with demonstrably avoidable failures each time.

I just can't get into the frame of mind where I'd reflexively be ok with poor decision making, or insist managers needed more time, or it's not the DoF/or the owner's fault/recruitment team's fault. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Just a composite them pair mert, don't think they were particularly deep but not sure how they set their prices

I've mis-read the quote, it was £295 including the appointment yesterday, £220 for the filling on its own - bit more reasonable

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

There's fans on here who are happy just to constantly revise down their expectations of the club. If some were told we'd be relegated in the summer of 2022 they'd rightly be furious and demand change, by the time it happened they accepted it.

Maybe it's because we won things we never expected but the "What do you expect attitude" is just so crap. What's the point in going or watching if you're just invariably fine with demonstrably avoidable failures each time.

I just can't get into the frame of mind where I'd reflexively be ok with poor decision making, or insist managers needed more time, or it's not the DoF/or the owner's fault/recruitment team's fault. 

Tbh I can see why these failures being deemed "avoidable" is a good working hypothesis, but I'd be leery of using the word "demonstrably" to accompany it given there's no truly reliable control group.

I can also see why some people are frustrated and want to demand better, but also see why other folks decide to rationalise it in their own way. Football, as beautiful as it is, it not worth losing ones mind over because it isn't playing out the way one would want.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

London feels so weird these days. Like coming back from holiday felt like moving from a place I'd lived all my life to a totally new city. 

Away from the 'posh' areas, most places look grubby.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Calling Walsall, Warsaw just aint funny.

When I told my girlfriend this morning who we are playing tonight she said we should tell our friend from Warsaw, and she wasn't trying to be funny. Although in her defence she's not British and has, fortunately for her, never heard of Walsall. 

48 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Is that still going?

I think it finished last year and 'Fenners' still sounds bitter and twisted about it all coming to an end. I see that him and Jimmy Bullard are doing podcasts and YouTube stuff now.

Also saw recently that Tim Lovejoy and Helen Chamberlain are re-uniting after nearly 20 years to do their own podcast. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Nowt better than playing a full album which ends just as you finish your morning commute. Such a difficult thing to time to perfection.

Reminds me of the days when my journey to work was so short I worked out which songs lasted for the duration of the journey and only used to play them. Simple pleasures, but very satisfying, nothing worse than getting to work half way through a great track

• Like 2

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Tbh I can see why these failures being deemed "avoidable" is a good working hypothesis, but I'd be leery of using the word "demonstrably" to accompany it given there's no truly reliable control group.

I can also see why some people are frustrated and want to demand better, but also see why other folks decide to rationalise it in their own way. Football, as beautiful as it is, it not worth losing ones mind over because it isn't playing out the way one would want.

There’s lots of debatable failures where you can argue the toss but fundamentally relegation was a colossal failure given the position we were in just 18 months prior.

Its football, not lab conditions - constantly hedging and erring on the side of caution is a cop out.

As for your latter point, that’s fair but if the posters in question have signed up and regularly post on their team’s forum - they’ve sort of crossed the threshold, they’re already a certain amount of ‘bothered’. 

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

There’s lots of debatable failures where you can argue the toss but fundamentally relegation was a colossal failure given the position we were in just 18 months prior.

Its football, not lab conditions - constantly hedging and erring on the side of caution is a cop out.

As for your latter point, that’s fair but if the posters in question have signed up and regularly post on their team’s forum - they’ve sort of crossed the threshold, they’re already a certain amount of ‘bothered’. 

And I would agree with this, but I wouldn't put it down as unchallengeable fact in the way other things are. I tend to think of it as qualifying remarks rather than hedging, given in this day and age opinion is already stated far far too much as fact.

WRT the last sentence, no doubt everyone on here is emotionally invested, but again people deal with that in a variety of ways and I think most of them are valid as long as they aren't genuinely harmful to the individual or others.