Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

35 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That would have huge broadcast and commercial implications. Clubs aren’t going to donate millions of pounds for fun. Put a B team out like they all do in the cups 

It would but it just feels like so many of the matches between Man City and the lower sides are just a procession. I saw a comment the other day about teams just wanting to keep the score down whereas in the past you could go to Old Trafford and have half a chance.

Hopefully it will change.

• Like 2

What type of person actually looks at those silly top knot hair cuts that were mildly in vogue then years ago and decides that's what they want? 

For 99.9% of all blokes in history this is an utterly ridiculous move. 

The type of bloke that actively chooses to have a silly little tied up piece of hair ALL sit outside of the 0.01% for whom it might look okay.

Totally ridiculous.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

What type of person actually looks at those silly top knot hair cuts that were mildly in vogue then years ago and decides that's what they want? 

For 99.9% of all blokes in history this is an utterly ridiculous move. 

The type of bloke that actively chooses to have a silly little tied up piece of hair ALL sit outside of the 0.01% for whom it might look okay.

Totally ridiculous.

@Miquel The Work Geordie

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

23 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I’ve seen a bloke in Harry Potter glasses and a top knot at away matches for years, progressively looking older, sadder and rounder. Is that our pub guide Miquel?!? 

I've never had a goddam top knot in my life ffs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I’ve seen a bloke in Harry Potter glasses and a top knot at away matches for years, progressively looking older, sadder and rounder. Is that our pub guide Miquel?!? 

That’s the lad from the big strong Leicester boys podcast isn’t it

5 hours ago, ACF said:

Wife gave birth last Thursday. 

Kid was awesome until our last night in the hospital. Now he won’t breastfeed, barely suckles a bottle, and won’t sleep because he’s hungry.

Still love him and her though.

CONGRATS!!!

Welcome to the next 35 years of your life...

Utter joy, uncompromising love... and absolute frustration. lol

• Thanks 1

Occasionally a term I’ve used in a previous job pops into my head and I wonder if anyone else would know what it means/have worked in same space 

thought about starting a thread for a bit of fun but thought better of it. 

anyway the term today was sub-occ if anyone wants to guess 

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

CONGRATS!!!

Welcome to the next 35 years of your life...

Utter joy, uncompromising love... and absolute frustration. lol

Thanks mate - plenty of practice on those emotions following this bloody club, helped train for the lack of sleep too 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ACF said:

Wife gave birth last Thursday. 

Kid was awesome until our last night in the hospital. Now he won’t breastfeed, barely suckles a bottle, and won’t sleep because he’s hungry.

Still love him and her though.

Give the kid a chance before you decide it's going to be transexual.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FLAN said:

Occasionally a term I’ve used in a previous job pops into my head and I wonder if anyone else would know what it means/have worked in same space 

thought about starting a thread for a bit of fun but thought better of it. 

anyway the term today was sub-occ if anyone wants to guess 

Sub = below

Occ = occipital

Subocciptal muscles in the neck

I know it's probably way off but as a (ex) medic, that's what came to my mind.

I imagine it's more likely to be some kind of corporate/HR lingo.

Edited by Parafox

11 hours ago, Parafox said:

Sub = below

Occ = occipital

Subocciptal muscles in the neck

I know it's probably way off but as a (ex) medic, that's what came to my mind.

I imagine it's more likely to be some kind of corporate/HR lingo.

Good guess but no. And it’s not medical 

38 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Good guess but no. And it’s not medical 

Of course not.

Because it's a naval term for anything that brings you good fortune, dating from the days when it was better to have wild and dangerous sea beasties in the vessel being tamed than outside attacking it.

Sub occ, of course, refers to the submarine octopus. To this day, no naval vessel goes to sea without a cephalopod on board.

In fact, in 1973 during a conflict off the coast of Guam, the captain of USS Typhon was replaced by Terry the Octopus on mental capacity grounds - becoming the first sub cap occ.

Sub occ, ladies and gentlemen.

11 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Of course not.

Because it's a naval term for anything that brings you good fortune, dating from the days when it was better to have wild and dangerous sea beasties in the vessel being tamed than outside attacking it.

Sub occ, of course, refers to the submarine octopus. To this day, no naval vessel goes to sea without a cephalopod on board.

In fact, in 1973 during a conflict off the coast of Guam, the captain of USS Typhon was replaced by Terry the Octopus on mental capacity grounds - becoming the first sub cap occ.

Sub occ, ladies and gentlemen.

Not in this case but of course there could be multiple uses. 
this is from my days working a the employment service (dole office/job centre). Subsidiary Occupation was a term for those who were claiming but had occasional part time work