Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 22/09/2021 at 22:44, The Bear said:

Original Pirate Material is a banging album. I still play it now. 2nd one was ok, but never really listened after that. 

I originally read that as "Pirate Metal" and got excited thinking someone might be talking about Alestorm

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I haven't been in the LCFC thread since Saturday for the dread of reading OTT nonsense.

Someone let me know when it's safe to pop back. Ta.

It’s fine - mainly ‘Bring back Perez’. 

• Haha 2

Sometimes my dad would do this quick side step 'shuffle' to regain his balance after standing. My sister and I used to take the mick thinking it was a unnecessary exaggeration of some kind.

Yesterday, after standing quickly and temporarily losing my balance, I did a carbon copy shuffle.

Apologies Pops, wherever you are.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Sometimes my dad would do this quick side step 'shuffle' to regain his balance after standing. My sister and I used to take the mick thinking it was a unnecessary exaggeration of some kind.

Yesterday, after standing quickly and temporarily losing my balance, I did a carbon copy shuffle.

Apologies Pops, wherever you are.

Never got a dizzy rush after standing up before?

My thing I never understood is people who always take ages on the shitter.  The whole industry of books for reading on the bog seemed like lunacy to me given how short your time there is.  Now I could get through a James Joyce novel in a single sitting, the ageing process is a cruel mistress.

29 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

My thing I never understood is people who always take ages on the shitter.  The whole industry of books for reading on the bog seemed like lunacy to me given how short your time there is.  Now I could get through a James Joyce novel in a single sitting, the ageing process is a cruel mistress.

i think its just nice to sit down and have a bit of quiet on the porcelain sanctuary

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i think its just nice to sit down and have a bit of quiet on the porcelain sanctuary

Ive never understood this... cannot imagine a much worse place to sit and think...surrounded by faeces and smells...and those people that do it at work or public loos... OMG! :dunno:

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Peace and quiet. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Ive never understood this... cannot imagine a much worse place to sit and think...surrounded by faeces and smells...and those people that do it at work or public loos... OMG! :dunno:

Sofa, bed involves the kids running to jump on me or harass me.

In the shitter, they dont want to smell my shit and leave me alone. Peace and quiet.

Besides, everyone loves their own brand!

The problem with dystopian genre- think Squid Games, Divergent, Maze Runner, Hunger Games and Purge etc is that the first movie is usually centres around unique storyline/scenarios which is interesting to watch but it then inevitable evolves into overthrowing corrupt government storylines which are repetitive.  

I would like to see the continuation of the USP storylines.  Thought Hunger Games did the better job than most of that with follow up celebratory Hunger Games.  

• Like 1

So what did we learn today?

We learned that it's incredibly easy to take the moral high ground when it is comes to providing commentary on scenarios you are highly unlikely to encounter.

Edited by Nalis

On 05/10/2021 at 19:39, Carl the Llama said:

just in general, really.

im in my 40s now and if you ever see me out after 9pm 100% it’s because I had a nap that day.

• Haha 1

Walking around a country show today...bout 100ks from Perth, basically middle of nowhere..... A 8 or 9 year old kid walked past and said..."nice Leicester city shirt". (I was wearing the Cup winning shirt.)

Just incredible the reach of City in the modern era

• Like 2