Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

7 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

And why do they keep being elected?

Vaz's well known shady character and dodgy dealings didn't prevent his re election time and time again.

The people are stupid that's why.

Just like the british population  choosing the Tories every year and look at the mess we are in now!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

The people are stupid that's why.

Just like the british population  choosing the Tories every year and look at the mess we are in now!!!!

Whichever way we cut this, people will continue to vote for Conservative until the country has a viable alternative. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Whichever way we cut this, people will continue to vote for Conservative until the country has a viable alternative. 

The current state of affairs just confirms that we will now accept an inept leading party who can almost get away with murder and we all just shrug and say " oh well".

Its truly staggering.

• Like 2

On 14/10/2021 at 06:58, Sly said:

How can we really judge Labour isn't a viable alternative.  Corbyn I can understand but Starmer and his party is good as any viable alternative at this stage.  

Edited by The Blur

How stupid are we as a country, we'll all be piling into shops next week buying Christmas pressies because Smyths toys warn of a shortage (I wonder what they would gain out of saying that, hmmm). Never used to agree but this country is controlled by the Government and the media, whatever lies they spin the gullable population fall for it hook line and sinker every time, look at the fuel crisis a couple of weeks ago for the latest example.

I detest this planet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How stupid are we as a country, we'll all be piling into shops next week buying Christmas pressies because Smyths toys warn of a shortage (I wonder what they would gain out of saying that, hmmm). Never used to agree but this country is controlled by the Government and the media, whatever lies they spin the gullable population fall for it hook line and sinker every time, look at the fuel crisis a couple of weeks ago for the latest example.

I detest this planet.

Don't worry, keep going as we are and the planet will deal with the "problem" in short and sharp order.

• Like 2

Not that I would be around to see it but the ways things are going I'd be amazed if society was as 'civilised' as it is now, or even here at all, in 100 years time - whether its war, self implosion by the people, climate change or a combination of the three.

Edited by Nalis

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Not that I would be around to see it but the ways things are going I'd be amazed if society was as 'civilised' as it is now, or even here at all, in 100 years time - whether its war, self implosion by the people, climate change or a combination of the three.

Smart money on this is indeed a combination of factors - number three leading to number two and one together on this list as vital resources become scarce being the most likely.

3 hours ago, The Blur said:

How can we really judge Labour isn't a viable alternative.  Corbyn I can understand but Starmer and his party is good as any viable alternative at this stage.  

a football team is only as good as their last game

The info leaflets in boxes of tablets you collect from the pharmacy. They tell you it is important to read it but I suspect most of us don't - and for good reason.

I've been placed on some medication recently and against my better judgement, read the info. Strewth! It's enough to make you not bother. the potential side effects are as numerous as they are varied. OK, they state a ratio of those who might be affected; 1/1000, 1/100, 1/10 etc but the icing on the cake for me is one of the meds I'm on can cause the very problem I've been prescribed it for!!!

I hope the GP knows what he's doing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

The info leaflets in boxes of tablets you collect from the pharmacy. They tell you it is important to read it but I suspect most of us don't - and for good reason.

I've been placed on some medication recently and against my better judgement, read the info. Strewth! It's enough to make you not bother. the potential side effects are as numerous as they are varied. OK, they state a ratio of those who might be affected; 1/1000, 1/100, 1/10 etc but the icing on the cake for me is one of the meds I'm on can cause the very problem I've been prescribed it for!!!

It's odd that some meds will exacerbate the problem that they're prescribed to treat. Anti-depressants is one that springs to mind. The one my daughter has to take for her mental health condition which includes manic depression, states that it can cause mania and/or depression in x number of people. Fortunately she isn't in the x sector. (Or Factor)

Edited by Parafox

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I read this morning that you shouldn't use your little finger as an anchor to hold your phone and it hasn't felt right ever since.

Yeah my little finger does start to ache after a while so it doesn't surprise me. 

The shape and size of this generation of phone though, it's hard not to. They need to make them more ergonomic. 

• Like 1

On 19/10/2021 at 05:49, Carl the Llama said:

Food for thought, if you'll pardon the pun.

"But i like the taste"
"What about all the things you hurt everyday"
"To bad, we are the top of the food chain"
"Stupid Peta"
"Stop virtue signalling"

• Like 1

On 15/10/2021 at 16:45, Free Falling Foxes said:

Wife works in trials for the NHS, as I understand it, drugs that are prescribed via the NHS have to go through numerous clinical trials (done in our universities mainly) before they can be given to the public.  So any labelling of risk is related to these trials, they include everything that could go wrong as essentially those side effects are considered worth the risk compared to the alternatives. There may well be a drug that has lower side effects, but would have to not be as effective or they would use it. 

They don't produce a drug and trial it until they're pretty sure what they're making is more effective than what's available. After that the trials start as to side effects in average population. 

• Thanks 1