Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Apparently Midland Mainline services to London stopped at Northampton due to heavy rain. :blink:

Horrendous weather in Northamptonshire this morning.

Storm this morning was incredibly powerful. Loads of trees blown down in my area. Not just a few branches, full on mature trees.

Quite a few reports of tornadoes around here.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Girls SHOULD be able to wear what they want without getting hassled, but you have to factor in hundreds of thousands of years of biology and brain wiring that guys can't just snap their fingers and overcome.

That might sound a bit ignorant but you can't change genetics or nature. Most guys can control themselves, but you'll always get some that can't.

This isn't me trying to make excuses for people, it's just the inevitably of the human condition. If you draw attention to the sexual aspects of your body, then you're going to get more attention.

Social opinions have changed in the last couple of generations and girls want to be found sexually attractive, but without  excessive sexual attention. It's a fine balance and overtly provocative outfits can push those responses too far sometimes. 

We definitely over-sexualise women nowadays which has led to sending out the wrong message to young girls who feel they need to go that far to get noticed or stand out. Compared to 100 years ago attitudes have changed drastically regards to sex and sexuality, and also fashion in what society feels acceptable to show in public. 

Is all that unavoidable as attitudes become more relaxed to sex, fashion and social interaction, due to biology and genetics? Or have we overlooked education at a young age on sexuality and behaviour towards others? I certainly think we need to do much better in education and that could stop 90% of what women face on a daily basis today. 

Factor in copious amount of alcohol that some men drink and aswell as all that you mentioned you then have impaired judgement on top of it all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Girls SHOULD be able to wear what they want without getting hassled, but you have to factor in hundreds of thousands of years of biology and brain wiring that guys can't just snap their fingers and overcome.

That might sound a bit ignorant but you can't change genetics or nature. Most guys can control themselves, but you'll always get some that can't.

This isn't me trying to make excuses for people, it's just the inevitably of the human condition. If you draw attention to the sexual aspects of your body, then you're going to get more attention.

Social opinions have changed in the last couple of generations and girls want to be found sexually attractive, but without  excessive sexual attention. It's a fine balance and overtly provocative outfits can push those responses too far sometimes. 

We definitely over-sexualise women nowadays which has led to sending out the wrong message to young girls who feel they need to go that far to get noticed or stand out. Compared to 100 years ago attitudes have changed drastically regards to sex and sexuality, and also fashion in what society feels acceptable to show in public. 

Is all that unavoidable as attitudes become more relaxed to sex, fashion and social interaction, due to biology and genetics? Or have we overlooked education at a young age on sexuality and behaviour towards others? I certainly think we need to do much better in education and that could stop 90% of what women face on a daily basis today. 

This is the important part, really.

Such creeps are mostly made, not born - you stop that from happening, you reduce the number of creeps.

• Like 1

WRT train service in the UK, I've said for years that the problem with the UK model is the infrastructure. It's a 21st Century service running on early 20th Century hardware.

It needs ripping up and pretty much building up from the ground again, but no one is willing to pay the cost in time, money and political goodwill that would entail.

(And no, not everyone getting on a train wants to go to London. Make some other routes.)

Ive seen hundreds, maybe thousands of women in "provocative" outfits.. never once have i, raped, attempted to rape, or thought about raping one.

The outfit is NOT the problem...and if alcohol is a part of the problem, then lets ban being under the influence.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Ive seen hundreds, maybe thousands of women in "provocative" outfits.. never once have i, raped, attempted to rape, or thought about raping one.

The outfit is NOT the problem

You obviously have normal levels of self restraint and decency. Some guys don't. 

The issue is that men, unlike women, are sexually driven by what they see. It becomes easy for them to objectify women based on how they are dressed. It doesn't make it right, but that's how men's brains work at a basic level. All guys experience it, but some can't separate that from their actions.

Again, education is the key. 

I'm 35 and I've went almost my entire life using a gas cooker. 

I just moved into a new property which is all electric so had to purchase a new cooker as mine was gas and didn't really think too much of it. Truth be told, I was quite excited about a new cooker because apparently that's what excites me now as an adult. 

Moved into my new house  got my new cooker, ashamed to say I was buzzing to give it a bash and..... 

I didn't know people still lived like this! WTF??!! I thought celebrities like George Clooney put an end to this sort of poverty! I would have been better lighting a fuching fire in the back garden and using that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Harrydc
9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The outfit is NOT the problem...and if alcohol is a part of the problem, then lets ban being under the influence.

There's some proper sickos in this world that's for sure. 

46 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm 35 and I've went almost my entire life using a gas cooker. 

I just moved into a new property which is all electric so had to purchase a new cooker as mine was gas and didn't really think too much of it. Truth be told, I was quite excited about a new cooker because apparently that's what excites me now as an adult. 

Moved into my new house  got my new cooker, ashamed to say I was buzzing to give it a bash and..... 

I didn't know people still lived like this! WTF??!! I thought celebrities like George Clooney put an end to this sort of poverty! I would have been better lighting a fuching fire in the back garden and using that!

I had an electric cooker all my life and recently got a gas cooker and it really is sensational 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

You obviously have normal levels of self restraint and decency. Some guys don't. 

The issue is that men, unlike women, are sexually driven by what they see. It becomes easy for them to objectify women based on how they are dressed. It doesn't make it right, but that's how men's brains work at a basic level. All guys experience it, but some can't separate that from their actions.

False The Office GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

Again, education casration is the key. 

• Like 1

Are we not talking about drugging incidents?  That requires a level of forward planning which completely invalidates any tenuous impulse control defence.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Are we not talking about drugging incidents?  That requires a level of forward planning which completely invalidates any tenuous impulse control defence.

Anyone willing to do that isn't bothered about what a girl is wearing. 

Edited by The Bear

19 hours ago, ozleicester said:

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Mods should ban the "Birds You Fancy Off The Telly" as most of the contributions are of Celebs, provocatively dressed.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Mods should ban the "Birds You Fancy Off The Telly" as most of the contributions are of Celebs, provocatively dressed.

They're not getting harassed though are they. A picture is different to a real life person standing in front of you. 

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They're not getting harassed though are they. A picture is different to a real life person standing in front of you. 

It is different but there is still the sexual objectifying of women as a result of such pictures. 

I said in another topic that Diana Rigg was hot in her day. It was in response to a photo of just her face. A beautiful woman. No provocative clothing or posing such as occurs in much of current society where "celebs" feel they need to outdo their counterparts, particularly in regard to reality TV and with some soap actresses.

Impress us with your talent, not your tits.

Guest Harrydc

Speaking of threads that should be binned off what about that death list one? To me it feels like you're hoping someone will die so that you're right in your predictions? 

It's a bit sick if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

It is different but there is still the sexual objectifying of women as a result of such pictures. 

I said in another topic that Diana Rigg was hot in her day. It was in response to a photo of just her face. A beautiful woman. No provocative clothing or posing such as occurs in much of current society where "celebs" feel they need to outdo their counterparts, particularly in regard to reality TV and with some soap actresses.

Impress us with your talent, not your tits.

I still don't understand what a provocative outfit is Parafox, can you tell me what that means?

23 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Speaking of threads that should be binned off what about that death list one? To me it feels like you're hoping someone will die so that you're right in your predictions? 

It's a bit sick if you ask me. 

I hope everyone wins.

• Haha 2