Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I still don't understand what a provocative outfit is Parafox, can you tell me what that means?

Edited by The Blur
Casually hurriedly deleting Wysmey like response
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I still don't understand what a provocative outfit is Parafox, can you tell me what that means?

I meant in terms of what some women will wear to provoke attention or a response. This particularly applies to some female celebs such as Amanda Holden etc.

You only have to look at the "Birds You Fancy..." thread to see examples of provocative outfits.

Edited by Parafox

On 01/11/2021 at 00:50, ozleicester said:

Ive seen hundreds, maybe thousands of women in "provocative" outfits.. never once have i, raped, attempted to rape, or thought about raping one.

The outfit is NOT the problem...and if alcohol is a part of the problem, then lets ban being under the influence.

Is alcohol the problem? If someone is a **** sober then they're gonna be a ****, or worse, when drunk.

Never once have I thought about attacking a girl when I've been drunk and that will count for every normal male nationwide.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I can promise you that I have never, ever worn an outfit to provoke attention nor a response, but I have had much unwanted attention. The problem is with the men giving said attention, not what women are wearing. 

That's an entirely justified point and I totally agree men should respect all women but there are definitely some women who deliberately dress to get attention, usually so-called "celebs". I wonder what your thoughts are regarding the "Bird's You Fancy..." topic, although I suspect you don't visit it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Parafox said:

That's an entirely justified point and I totally agree men should respect all women but there are definitely some women who deliberately dress to get attention, usually so-called "celebs". I wonder what your thoughts are regarding the "Bird's You Fancy..." topic, although I suspect you don't visit it. 

I still think you could be a bit more precise in your wording here, Celebs by their nature dress for good photo ops and I sincerely doubt you're arguing that AOC wearing a 'tax the rich' dress, for instance, is inviting men to be rapists.  Besides, in all my years of having the pleasure of other men talking to me about that girl over there dressing in a way that's 'asking for it' they're never talking about someone on the telly, and I very much doubt the women in question were hoping to elicit the otherwise unprompted advances of random strangers.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I still think you could be a bit more precise in your wording here, Celebs by their nature dress for good photo ops and I sincerely doubt you're arguing that AOC wearing a 'tax the rich' dress, for instance, is inviting men to be rapists.  Besides, in all my years of having the pleasure of other men talking to me about that girl over there dressing in a way that's 'asking for it' they're never talking about someone on the telly, and I very much doubt the women in question were hoping to elicit the otherwise unprompted advances of random strangers.

I guess I've gone down some blind alley of opinion and I've tried to word my input as appropriately as I can so as to be as uncontentious as possible. It's a minefield. This all came about from a comment I made about young teen girls wearing, let's say "skimpy", Halloween costumes that, when I saw them, I thought were inappropriate and, if you read my post, I said I was uncomfortable with and wouldn't let my teenage daughters wear anything like that, in the dark knocking on strangers doors. That's not to say they were entirely conscious of the response their clothing might illicit in SOME male youths, rather than adult males.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Is alcohol the problem? If someone is a **** sober then they're gonna be a ****, or worse, when drunk.

Never once have I thought about attacking a girl when I've been drunk and that will count for every normal male nationwide.

Agreed that alcohol is not an excuse... but, id be interested in what percentage of criminal acts take place under the influence.

I dont think there is any doubt that some cvnts who can hold themselves together whilst sober... lose that control when they get liquored up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Number people I've seen repeatedly hit the open button of the train toilet that says "LOCKED, IN USE" in big red letters

I was on a train a few years ago sitting on a flip down seat between carriages. A woman pressed the open toilet button and when the door did open,  rather than going in she stood there with her mouth wide open, gave a little shriek and then walked away. Shortly after when we pulled in at the next station a couple of men came out of the toilet and headed off the train in some haste 

• Haha 2

Does anybody else regularly make reference to extremely obscure things off the telly from years ago? I’m not talking about quoting Partridge etc., that’s just standard. Two examples:

1) Back in the 90s, John Cleese appeared on TFI Friday. Every time they trailed that he was appearing, it flashed up on the screen and a voiceover announced ‘real name John Cheese’. Consequently, I always respond to hearing his name with this phrase.

2) Remember the Pot Noodle adverts in the early 90s with Peter Baynham and some other welsh bloke? I distinctly remember the following dialogue:

“What flavour’s your Pot Noodle”

”Spicy Curry flavour”

”LIAR!”

Somebody has put a load of these adverts on YouTube, but I can’t find this specific bit. Makes me wonder if I’m imagining it, but I swear I’m not. I basically don the Welsh accent every time I see a Pot Noodle, or in fact any dehydrated potted snack.

• Like 1

On 04/11/2021 at 00:37, Saxondale said:

Does anybody else regularly make reference to extremely obscure things off the telly from years ago? I’m not talking about quoting Partridge etc., that’s just standard. Two examples:

1) Back in the 90s, John Cleese appeared on TFI Friday. Every time they trailed that he was appearing, it flashed up on the screen and a voiceover announced ‘real name John Cheese’. Consequently, I always respond to hearing his name with this phrase.

2) Remember the Pot Noodle adverts in the early 90s with Peter Baynham and some other welsh bloke? I distinctly remember the following dialogue:

”Spicy Curry flavour”

”LIAR!”

Somebody has put a load of these adverts on YouTube, but I can’t find this specific bit. Makes me wonder if I’m imagining it, but I swear I’m not. I basically don the Welsh accent every time I see a Pot Noodle, or in fact any dehydrated potted snack.

I'm with you on this one on the obscure references. 

One not so old example is something from Bobs Burgers I subconsciously say at times. Bob has a nightmare about what its like to work in an office where there are loads of bits like being stuck in traffic, signing birthday cards discreetly and making mundate chat around the water cooler.

There's one bit where they are eating birthday cake in the office kitchen and someone does the Borat 'my wiiiiiife' impression and Bob acts impressed, then he wakes up from his nightmare and screams.

There have definitely been times I've subconsciously said 'my wiiiife' when referring to the missus where I'm saying it in the context of the Bobs Burgers pisstaking segment but before realising that pretty much everyone in earshot probably thinks I'm just doing a straight up Borat like a simpleton....

Found the clip on YouTube:

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 03/11/2021 at 12:45, UniFox21 said:

Number people I've seen repeatedly hit the open button of the train toilet that says "LOCKED, IN USE" in big red letters

Few years ago I went to try on a couple of pairs of trousers in Next. As I walked towards the changing room, I was dimly aware of moving a curtain/banner to one side but paid no real attention to it. When I came back out Mrs. FFF was there looking bemused and said I was an embarrassment. She pointed to the very thing I had moved to one side; it was a bloody big sign saying the changing rooms were closed, please do not use. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

A few monthys ago my Daughter told me someone famous was filming on the bridge near to my house, she didn't know who though.

Sigh.

I blame the parents.

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1

On 04/11/2021 at 00:37, Saxondale said:

”Spicy Curry flavour”

”LIAR!”

Every time I've sneezed for the last umpteen years - and I mean everytime, I've followed it with mock 'bunged-up', nasel sounding, 'Oh mum, I couldn't possibly go to work like this'.  

That dates from a 70s Vicks sinus nasel spray advert.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Haha 2