Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 09/11/2021 at 18:10, Free Falling Foxes said:

Every time I've sneezed for the last umpteen years - and I mean everytime, I've followed it with mock 'bunged-up', nasel sounding, 'Oh mum, I couldn't possibly go to work like this'.  

That dates from a 70s Vicks sinus nasel spray advert.

Superb! That’s exactly the sort of thing I’m on about!

• Haha 1

On 09/11/2021 at 18:10, Free Falling Foxes said:

Every time I've sneezed for the last umpteen years - and I mean everytime, I've followed it with mock 'bunged-up', nasel sounding, 'Oh mum, I couldn't possibly go to work like this'.  

That dates from a 70s Vicks sinus nasel spray advert.

Course you can, Malcolm!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Within the last year, "I mean" has become so commonplace in social media and online posts as a redundant declaration opening a sentence or a statement, I've noticed  it's now also entering everyday speech. 

I love using it, one of my favourite interjections, I mean, it always fits so well and can really add to the rhythm of a sentence.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Within the last year, "I mean" has become so commonplace in social media and online posts as a redundant declaration opening a sentence or a statement, I've noticed  it's now also entering everyday speech. 

Oyyeeeeeee! Pedantry thread please!

Lol

Surely a game like fifa should be able to provide a near mirror image of realistic gameplay, even on a console.

The cut scenes can be pretty good from a distance but the gameplay is so unrealistic and the players just don't move anything like they do in real life.

Perhaps fifa just wants to push the kind of game where a 12 year old can spend loads of money on FUT trying to get a Mbappe that can robotically skill move its way through a wooden defence?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Royston. said:

Surely a game like fifa should be able to provide a near mirror image of realistic gameplay, even on a console.

The cut scenes can be pretty good from a distance but the gameplay is so unrealistic and the players just don't move anything like they do in real life.

Perhaps fifa just wants to push the kind of game where a 12 year old can spend loads of money on FUT trying to get a Mbappe that can robotically skill move its way through a wooden defence?

I always find the movement to be clunky in FIFA and something that hasnt really improved. I would have thought we'd get something liked Pro Evo close control in the mid 2000s but adapted and improved to 2021 technology by now.

Edited by Nalis

13 hours ago, Royston. said:

There's no "perhaps" about it.

EA, like most other video game companies, are all about the online multiplayer cashcows first and the actual player experience (besides the teenage whales paying to win) a very distant second.

On 12/11/2021 at 12:52, Line-X said:

Before this, it was the equally annoying beginning of sentences with ‘so’ for no reason.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2021 at 12:52, Line-X said:

3 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Before this, it was the equally annoying beginning of sentences with ‘so’ for no reason.

Both pale into insignicance when set against the arbitary insertion of innit into a sentence.

Edited by Buce

Got properly pissed on Saturday for the first time in a few years, had given up drinking about two years ago. Horrible. Still in absolute bits two days later, I have not missed the all consuming dread that comes the day after, not helped by videos from my girlfriend of me believing I was now fluent in Danish when pissed (I’m not). How do people do this regularly? Genuinely don’t think I will drink again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FerrisBueller said:

Got properly pissed on Saturday for the first time in a few years, had given up drinking about two years ago. Horrible. Still in absolute bits two days later, I have not missed the all consuming dread that comes the day after, not helped by videos from my girlfriend of me believing I was now fluent in Danish when pissed (I’m not). How do people do this regularly? Genuinely don’t think I will drink again.

Aww mate, the hang-xiety can be absolutely unbearable. Even when 'm reassured that I didn't do something really stupid I still can't shake that feeling of dread. The day is a complete write-off. 

28 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Aww mate, the hang-xiety can be absolutely unbearable. Even when 'm reassured that I didn't do something really stupid I still can't shake that feeling of dread. The day is a complete write-off. 

Properly can’t hack it! I’m about the most anxious bloke in the world regardless, last few days I just haven’t moved or spoke, just drank tea and ate Pringles lol