Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Russell Brand is a brilliant.

I'm sure he'd agree that he used to be a total bell but since he's turned his life around, I find him one of the most interesting and engaging people on the planet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

One of the reasons the NHS is under strain right now is that staff are having to either use up or lose their annual leave as they can’t carry it over to the following year.

I find that absolutely unbelievable in these times 

The leave year is April to March so try again.

The reason is that so many are either off sick, isolating, or have left nevermind the huge staff shortages pre-Covid

56 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm sure he'd agree that he used to be a total bell but since he's turned his life around, I find him one of the most interesting and engaging people on the planet.

His YouTube channel is great. Definitely an interesting watch these days 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

What does he even do now?

He still does stand up comedy and about to start a new tour, but mainly he writes and does podcasts and interviews on YouTube channel which has over 4 million subscribers.

I used to think he was a complete twat in his 20's and he admits he was a heroin addict and a self centered **** back then. But since his recovery, I suppose he's had a bit of a spiritual awakening and I admire his self awareness and desire to improve as a person now. His recent interviews with the likes of Jordan Peterson and Ricky Gervais are outstanding IMO. 

Why do students have around 2-3 cars per household on average? Was probably more like 1 car for every 2 or 3 households 15 years old.

Most unis are in the centre of a town or city so its a complete luxury for students as you dont need a car to get about.

Thought Gen Z were more environmentally conscious?

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm so glad St Pancras is 'our' station in London. Always feels a bit like home to me. 

Couple of weeks ago, I had to use Euston. First time I'd ever been in it. I hated it in comparison. Never been in Kings Cross either, but if it's like Euston, I'm well off out of it

Kings Cross is great, the only downfall is there is no seating so everybody stands around looking at the boards like complete statues.

St Pancras and Kings Cross are the absoloute crowns of London railway termini.

Edited by Fox92
Spelling!

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Kings Cross is great, the only downfall is their is no seating so everybody stands around looking at the boards like complete statues.

St Pancras and Kings Cross are the absoloute crowns of London railway termini.

Yes! I noticed that at Euston. It was kind of like it encouraged a rat race mentality.....platform goes up on the board and whoosh! 

Kings Cross always looks a bit plain on the outside  to me - a 1950s baptist church to St Pancras cathedral setting - so I've never had the urge to venture in, even tho I know they did it up inside

I even liked the old St Pancras, pre refurb, where the trains went right up to the end  old pub (forgot its name) at the bottom, the single bog on the side a few yards up the last platform and taxi rank on the other side

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yes! I noticed that at Euston. It was kind of like it encouraged a rat race mentality.....platform goes up on the board and whoosh! 

Kings Cross always looks a bit plain on the outside  to me - a 1950s baptist church to St Pancras cathedral setting - so I've never had the urge to venture in, even tho I know they did it up inside

I even liked the old St Pancras, pre refurb, where the trains went right up to the end  old pub (forgot its name) at the bottom, the single bog on the side a few yards up the last platform and taxi rank on the other side

I can't remember St Pancras pre refurb but both Kings Cross and St Pancras architecture is really great. Kings Cross refurb has helped but the enterance is weirdly on the side.

That said, I am a railway "enthusiast" so I take a lot of interest.

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm so glad St Pancras is 'our' station in London. Always feels a bit like home to me. 

Couple of weeks ago, I had to use Euston. First time I'd ever been in it. I hated it in comparison. Never been in Kings Cross either, but if it's like Euston, I'm well off out of it

Doesnt St Pancras have a hotel built into it or did I just make that up?

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

Doesnt St Pancras have a hotel built into it or did I just make that up?

The Midland Hotel was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott, the famous Victorian gothic revivalist architect. He was also responsible for designing two of Leicester's churches and two of the county's workhouses, amongst his many contributions to public building design during that era. In the 1970s, the poet Sir John Betjeman campaigned to avoid having the hotel demolished. Very glad he did!

• Like 2

On 18/12/2021 at 22:14, Izzy said:

How weird, I was just going to post in this thread that I love his football podcast. The Tony Adams episode is fantastic.

Also I can’t get enough of the Desert Island Discs back catalogue. Like mini autobiographies, it’s brilliant. I’m sure you’re all aware of that though.

• Like 1

The power of football

I've felt rough the last 3 days or so and was doing a Covid check each day - sometimes twice. All negative.

This morning it was positive. :mellow:

Felt even worse at half-time today but when we scored those 3 quick goals, the adrenaline rush wiped all the symptoms out, I felt totally well. :D

Feeling bit groggy again now though. Unsurprisingly.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes