Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I was just exaggerating for humour. 

But no, not really a pet person, even though I like animals. 

Humour is certainly subjective. 

Hopefully you'll let us know if you do ever get a pet so I can be the first to say something funny about caving its face in with a brick :) 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Why the **** are you bathing rat's ffs lol

He saw my post in the food thread yesterday about making lamb curry...i have empowered him but given the pandemic one must eat whatever meat is available to them at that point in hunger time.  Curry rat tonight for the bear.

On 31/12/2021 at 11:36, Carl the Llama said:

Bathing rats is bloody difficult.  I've received more scratches on my arms in about 10 minutes than 20 years of cat ownership ever gave me lol 

i used to keep pet rats. Albino ones. Very intelligent animals. I had one that was born with no eyes and he was the only one who could work out how to get out of his cage. 

Woke up one morning  and somehow the door was open to the cage of a different one I had. Was absolutely bricking it as my landlady and housemates were ok with me  keeping the rays as long as none of them escaped. Looked for it and made myself late for work. Had to leave for work and it was on my mind all day expecting to hear all about it from the landlady when I got home. Turns out he had a little wonder about and I left the cage door open just in case well he went and got Back into his cage and was curled up asleep inside the cage next to the door when I came back from work!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MPH said:

i used to keep pet rats. Albino ones. Very intelligent animals. I had one that was born with no eyes and he was the only one who could work out how to get out of his cage. 

Woke up one morning  and somehow the door was open to the cage of a different one I had. Was absolutely bricking it as my landlady and housemates were ok with me  keeping the rays as long as none of them escaped. Looked for it and made myself late for work. Had to leave for work and it was on my mind all day expecting to hear all about it from the landlady when I got home. Turns out he had a little wonder about and I left the cage door open just in case well he went and got Back into his cage and was curled up asleep inside the cage next to the door when I came back from work!

Going back  a few years now but some of the anecdotes you've told are truly amazing. 

I remember rocking up in Australia during their summer to live in Townsville for a year, having already spent a good year in warmer climates. Thought i'd be fine and that it wouldn't take any adjustment, but it was so incredibly hot! Works fairly well for a lot of locations on the coast though, as you can head to the beach and enjoy it. They have a lot of public swimming pools and bbq's to facilitate outdoor activity too.

Saying that, plenty of folks kicked back in their air-conditioned homes for the best part of the day.

Edited by samlcfc

8 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

I remember rocking up in Australia during their summer to live in Townsville for a year, having already spent a good year in warmer climates. Thought i'd be fine and that it wouldn't take any adjustment, but it was so incredibly hot! Works fairly well for a lot of locations on the coast though, as you can head to the beach and enjoy it. They have a lot of public swimming pools and bbq's to facilitate outdoor activity too.

Saying that, plenty of folks kicked back in their air-conditioned homes for the best part of the day.

mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid day sun.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid day sun.

Going back to late 70s...I flew from Nigeria to Melbourne to work on Oil rigs just Off shore...

My First 3 Days was in Land trying to Enjoy Melbourne  but  It was Bloody hot. After 3 weeks on the rig my First couple of Days off,

I and a couple of New found Local  colleagues, decided to stay on the rig, simply because it was cooler..We used it to take up some Instruction

from the rigs-divers...