Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Stopped eating meat this year well cut it down feeling better for it I think and also fizzy drinks.. I find I am eating less in general and not feeling hungry than when eating meat everyday.. I have been eating a bit of fish here and there as well.

:dunno:

I thought the Covid thread was bad enough for confident assertion with no good reason but the main forum has taken it to whole new levels this week.

I wish I was as confident at what my own name is as some people are about what would have happened in a counterfactual world that they can’t possibly know

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

**** the internet and it's keyboard warriors.. T'was ever thus, just was never so well available. Nothing's gonna change everything.

We know more but we understand less.

"The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is invalidated, but nobody is right."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60117150

Last month the government spent more than £8bn on the INTEREST on government debt.  It's quite staggering.  I've always known that these interest payments were astronomical, but I have to pinch myself when I realise that over the year, that's about the same that is spent on the whole education system, and SIX times the policing budget.  It's just bonkers.

On 22/01/2022 at 17:20, whoareyaaa said:

Stopped eating meat this year well cut it down feeling better for it I think and also fizzy drinks.. I find I am eating less in general and not feeling hungry than when eating meat everyday.. I have been eating a bit of fish here and there as well.

Did you cut out fizzy drinks immediately cold turkey? Or gradually?

I used to drink loads of Pepsi Max everyday it was shocking, talking years ago now, so gradually stopped everyday. Nowadays I grab a can, if I fancy one, but mainly drink water and feel much better for it. 

I thought I'd find it difficult to cut back but my ability to resist is fairly good and eventually I stopped wanting it every day.

On 22/01/2022 at 04:33, Mike Oxlong said:

Relive the 80s by telling the staff in Starbucks that your name is Chaka Khan and then repeatedly not answer when they shout out to tell you that your coffee is ready 

Save money by cancelling your subscription to Viz and read Mike Oxlongs posts instead :giggle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1