Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

16 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Officially on the stem cell donor register. Is anyone else on it / donated before? 

Sadly I can't due to a medical condition, but a few months ago my young nephew was diagnosed with a rare blood disease (Aplastic Anaemia) and his best chance of recovery is a matching bone marrow donor. Am I right in thinking that Bone Marrow and Stem cell donation registers are the same? I think that the test/sample swab is the same for both Stem Cell and Bone marrow donations, so if you're on the donor list for one, you'll be on the donor list for the other?

3 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Sadly I can't due to a medical condition, but a few months ago my young nephew was diagnosed with a rare blood disease (Aplastic Anaemia) and his best chance of recovery is a matching bone marrow donor. Am I right in thinking that Bone Marrow and Stem cell donation registers are the same? I think that the test/sample swab is the same for both Stem Cell and Bone marrow donations, so if you're on the donor list for one, you'll be on the donor list for the other?

I believe you’re correct yes, the one I’ve signed up for does state that it’s for both! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Did you cut out fizzy drinks immediately cold turkey? Or gradually?

I used to drink loads of Pepsi Max everyday it was shocking, talking years ago now, so gradually stopped everyday. Nowadays I grab a can, if I fancy one, but mainly drink water and feel much better for it. 

I thought I'd find it difficult to cut back but my ability to resist is fairly good and eventually I stopped wanting it every day.

Immediately mate wasn't hard to be honest .. I have had like 2 cans of coke since new year that's it don't need it.

I'm the same as you just drink bottled water mainly now and my stomach does feel better now as it was pure bloated and I put it down to that and carbs.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

How weird is Steven Caulker’s career

98994858-9852-40C1-A5B1-051D3F82E203.jpeg

That national team profile will take some beating in the modern age.

Kyle Lafferty's club bio is bizarre, there is also a brief stage when he was Gattuso's Junior Lewis and took him to Sion, Palermo etc. He must have an interesting agent!

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

I have leftover tequila and Grand Marnier - I can do half pint margs and you’ll be golden.

Whilst not qualified in the 'traditional' sense the level of care you provide is the equal of any offered by these so called 'doctors' that keep telling me what to do

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Whilst not qualified in the 'traditional' sense the level of care you provide is the equal of any offered by these so called 'doctors' that keep telling me what to do

What do you mean not qualified?

I have a Twitter AND a Facebook account.

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I seem to recall Becks blue not being too bad. I do wonder how much of this stuff is bought by boozers by accident

i was about to say becks, i used to have the odd one when i was doing works functions

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

This had not actually occurred to me, so thank you.

Any views on what the least shit one is?

Lucky Saint is pretty decent - its 0.5% if you are allowed that but its made that way as your body absorbs it quicker than it can consume it anyway. And there can be more alcohol in a fruit juice than a 0.5% beer. 

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Lucky Saint is pretty decent - its 0.5% if you are allowed that but its made that way as your body absorbs it quicker than it can consume it anyway. And there can be more alcohol in a fruit juice than a 0.5% beer. 

I'd be relaxed about that.

Being a bit careful as the guidance I read suggested that with one of the two antibiotics I've been prescribed, you really, really don't want to be drinking alcohol at all, whereas generally it's ok as long as you're only drinking in moderation