Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Left field choice for a stag.

Yeah, the Stag himself has been out there before and rated it. The "Town" side of things looks great for old man and good beer type pubs, while the "Gown" side looks a bit grim and presumably full of Hoorays maxing out daddy's Amex in Vodka Revs. Hopefully we're mostly in the former...

26 minutes ago, The Blur said:

What are best places for a stag in your (or others')  book?

Been on three in very different places -

Dusseldorf, Blackpool and Glasgow.

All great fun in their own way.

I guess as much as the place you go to it is the people you go with. Plus always enjoyed the group travel aspect.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Been on three in very different places -

Dusseldorf, Blackpool and Glasgow.

All great fun in their own way.

I guess as much as the place you go to it is the people you go with. Plus always enjoyed the group travel aspect.

I agree- people make or break the stag dos.   You wouldn't want to be friends with people who slag off organisers if the location is not a hit.  

On 13/02/2022 at 15:58, Foxdiamond said:

Our national anthem is a dirge. Also when England play other home nations we should have a different song other than God Save The Queen.

Agreed. Jeruslem is so much better. It's satirical message of always being cynical of blind patriotism and spin is also much better one than "blindly love the monarch" (I quite like the current Queen btw, but the concept of blindly following the monarch is so outdated).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Agreed. Jeruslem is so much better. It's satirical message of always being cynical of blind patriotism and spin is also much better one than "blindly love the monarch" (I quite like the current Queen btw, but the concept of blindly following the monarch is so outdated).

I'd be interested to know what the Russian/North Korean/Chinese anthems are. I imagine it's more about "love" for the country rather than the ruling regimes. Which is another reason I would prefer Land of hope and Glory.

15 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

What about I Vow To Thee My Country 

Yeah but still a bit slow and not very stirring. Not that far removed in those terms, from the National Anthem.

Land of Hope and Glory is a slow anthem but it's power generates an emotional reaction in my gut. If that makes sense.

Just the choral part, mind. Not the elaborate intro.

• Like 1