Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 18/03/2022 at 11:29, leicsmac said:

Sorry for not getting back to this!

I think that pushing for a more sustainable diet and meat alternatives is a good thing worldwide, but it's merely a small facet of the overall picture. Other factors are more important. Over here pork and chicken are regular staples, not so much beef due to lack of room for rearing cows.

I don't think space for hydroponics facilities would be a massive issue because of the way they can be grown "up", rather than "out".

In years to come, when our cities are no longer relevant, we can use the skyscrapers/tall buildings as massive grow up hydro buildings.

On 27/03/2022 at 21:32, leicsmac said:

1648386771460.jpg

Something to consider.

slightly ironic :)

9 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

In years to come, when our cities are no longer relevant, we can use the skyscrapers/tall buildings as massive grow up hydro buildings.

I think that we can do that anyway.

Tech development must be the way forward, for a variety of reasons that I've gone into detail regarding on here before.

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

dpd have informed me that a delivery is arriving this morning between 10.41 and 11.41am. If it comes at 10.40 or 11.42 I won't be happy. 

Couple of days ago we had a text to say a parcel would be arriving between 09:49 and 10:49.

Pretty precise I thought.

It arrived at 09:42.

I nearly told the guy to come back in 7 minutes.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

DPD are fine and stick to the slots. 

The worst are Hermes who only send you an email/text with a delivery slot about 2 mins before they turn up. 

What I don't get is why Amazon seems to be very good at delivering items that are sold directly from their warehouses, but stuff sourced from third parties can to take forever, and sometimes disappears in transit, even if there's a tracking number.

Edited by String fellow

On 01/04/2022 at 02:39, Nalis said:

I enjoy these.

Bristol is east of Edinburgh

Manchester is south of Hamburg

One that always blows my mind is that Malmo is closer to Rome (as the crow flies) than it is to the north border of Sweden.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Alexa listens to you all the time.

My GP has put me on some new med and I was chatting to Mrs. FFF about this earlier - within Alexa's range.

I went on YouTube a short while ago and the first ad that comes on tells me to go to the experts at Boots if you want to chat about any new medication you've been prescribed.

Coincidence?

I've had 3 other examples where I start receiving adverts on topics prviously discussed with a 'smart' device in earshot.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

9 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Alexa listens to you all the time.

My GP has put me on some new med and I was chatting to Mrs. FFF about this earlier - within Alexa's range.

I went on YouTube a short while ago and the first ad that comes on tells me to go to the experts at Boots if you want to chat about any new medication you've been prescribed.

Coincidence?

I've had 3 other examples where I start receiving adverts on topics prviously discussed with a 'smart' device in earshot.

I'm not one to buy into conspiracy theories and I'm not easily led into believing things like this.

However, a couple of weeks ago we realised our shed was quite full, so in conversation with the Mrs I mentioned about getting a small bike shed type thing, the kind of small storage shed you can put next to your actual shed. Literally opened my phone about an hour later and the ad's on Facebook were from Amazon, with you guessed it, storage sheds and bike sheds. Turned her off and she's not been back on since lol