Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

I’ve never really seen the point of spaghetti. 

Pasta comes in all sorts of wonderful shapes and sizes, why make a really difficult to eat shape, that slops your chin as you’re eating it, and gets sauce on your shirt? 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Milo said:

Pasta comes in all sorts of wonderful shapes and sizes, why make a really difficult to eat shape, that slops your chin as you’re eating it, and gets sauce on your shirt? 

Game changer.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Milo said:

I agree. I do like a good spagbol but the mess it involves... I mean pasta is just, well... pasta in whatever shape tastes the same. The only real difference for me is the sauce that goes with it. Purists will argue that the various shapes of pasta affect the way the sauce is held within the folds and bends, but that to me is just snobbery.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

It’s been my go to dish to make for when a new date comes round for dinner 

The Vardy - Rooney and the Depp - Heard matters showcase celebrities spending ridiculous amounts of money to protect reputations that can only be sullied by the litigation and consequent publicity and really weren’t all that great before they parade their self obsessed existences through the courts and media. What a waste of time and money. 

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Spaghetti is the only pasta I don't eat. I can't really see the point of it, all other shapes are so much easier to eat. 

that and the fact trying to eat some of the meat in a bolognese is always thwarted by 50 metres of tangled spaghetti

58 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Eating spaghetti is easy. For starters I break it in half before it goes in the pan, so it's not as long. And then when eating you just twist the fork until there's not much hanging off. 

Also when twisting the fork do it against a spoon. So its nice and compact on your fork. People make it sound like Spag Bol is a messy dinner. No you are just scruffy c**** who cant eat properly lol 

• Like 2

I've grumbled about folk not turning up on time and even being very late, on here before.

One mate is always late - always. Except this week.

We agreed to play snooker. I turn up at the 'agreed' time and wait outside for him. I wait and wait. Nothing new there.

I was just about to leave when thought, I would check inside.

He was there waiting. Had been all along.

I couldn't hide my surprise, 'You're here'.

'Yes' he said. Then, with no sense of irony at all, he said, 'We said 8 didn't we?'

56 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I've grumbled about folk not turning up on time and even being very late, on here before.

One mate is always late - always. Except this week.

We agreed to play snooker. I turn up at the 'agreed' time and wait outside for him. I wait and wait. Nothing new there.

I was just about to leave when thought, I would check inside.

He was there waiting. Had been all along.

I couldn't hide my surprise, 'You're here'.

'Yes' he said. Then, with no sense of irony at all, he said, 'We said 8 didn't we?'

We used to tell someone at uni to be ready an hour before we'd need to leave so we could leave on time. 

• Like 1