Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

39 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Sometimes it's a joy. Or maybe the joy is simply relief that the tip guardians haven't had to yell at me for putting stuff in the wrong bin. Other times, specifically when they sting you 3 quid to drop off a sink, it's significantly less gratifying. The wound is still fresh. 

Mountsorrel tip is superb too for those unfamiliar with it. 

I went back there this evening, with barely enough stuff to justify the petrol.

We're city, so no charge for hardcore and open until 8pm every blooming day in the summer, amazing really

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

The wife usually does the tip run but for some reason she calls it the 'dump'

"I'm off to the dump" she'll go and I'll say "No, I'm off for a dump, not to the dump"

For years I've been telling her it's the tip not the dump but she won't have it.

Weirdo.

The wife’s family use that expression also. I put it down to them being from the West Country.

Nipped into Leicester Monday lunch time. Needed a quick bite to eat - feck it a maryland. Not had one in years, used to love them. Spicy wings are perfect.

Whenever people say they give you the shits i used to tell them to grow up..... now however 😳

3 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Just saw a flight of WW2 aircraft fly over my house. Quite low. At least one Spitfire with D Day stripes. Heading south west. Marvellous sight and sound

A few year ago I heard the unmistakable sound of the Merlin Engine. I ran outside to see a Hurricane and Spitfire fly over.

Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

As you say; marvellous sight and sound.

• Like 1

On 13/06/2022 at 10:42, Ashley said:

Why don't more pubs/restaurants in the UK have father and baby facilties like mother and baby? 

Was in Germany last week and majority of beer halls had father and baby facilties as well as mother and baby. Thought it was very good.

Are you talking about baby changing rooms?   I thought it was usually gender neutral?

• Like 2