Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Are you talking about baby changing rooms?   I thought it was usually gender neutral?

I am. Haven't seen any gender neutral ones? Over in Germany it was fantastic to see both father and baby, mother and baby changing areas. 

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I am. Haven't seen any gender neutral ones? Over in Germany it was fantastic to see both father and baby, mother and baby changing areas. 

They are all gender neutral aren't they? I've never had a problem going in one in this country anyway 

On 16/06/2022 at 08:46, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

When did a few sunny days become a “heatwave” ? 

Because everything is so London centric in this country. Everyone writing the articles about the "heatwave" are London based where their fancy glass buildings are cooking them alive and they think it's the same everywhere. In the real world it's just a pleasantly warm June day. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Just so you know, it's been pissing down all morning up here in Glasgow...  :colder:

Yes and tomorrow it makes it's way to us and we get it !!   :ill:   

However ... when you gain independence hopefully we'll be able to turn it back at the border by creating an avalanche of paperwork to be completed first  ...   yet another big positive for freeeeeedom !!!  in my book. ! ..   :thumbup:    

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

They are all gender neutral aren't they? I've never had a problem going in one in this country anyway 

That is what I thought unless @Ashley meant ones at swimming pool but then again I thought it was usually inscribed with baby lying on mat instead of a female figure?

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because everything is so London centric in this country. Everyone writing the articles about the "heatwave" are London based where their fancy glass buildings are cooking them alive and they think it's the same everywhere. In the real world it's just a pleasantly warm June day. 

I prefer temperature no higher than about 23c so 33 is too much for me. 

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I walked to the post office about 11am and was thinking ****ing hell this is too much. Then I see walking across the road a little old Chinese lady in full coat and wooly hat! 

Did she have a face mask on as well?

2 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Anyone else ever farted whilst driving and felt the fart go up your back?.

I've farted in a bed in an airbnb cottage and followed through, majorly. That was a difficult thing to try to cover up. The only time I've ever had to turn the mattress over and use a washing machine on holiday. :blush:

• Haha 1

I have ulcerative Colitis which is an auto-immune version of IBS. So I often need to get to a toilet quickly. 

I was driving to work one morning about 5:30am and suddenly had a really strong cramp and urge to go. And when you're in a sitting position you can't really hold it in unless you straighten up like a board. And there was no way I could hold it another 20 mins until I got to work.

So I had to slam the brakes on and jump out the car before I spiked the car seat. Only problem was I was on an A road in a village right outside a school and surrounded by houses. Luckily it was still dark, but unfortunately I had to squat inside the open passenger door in the gutter of the road and do my dirty business right there and then. Luckily I always keep some toilet roll in the boot for just such an emergency, but I'm sure it was a lovely sight for the kids walking into school that morning :S

Edited by The Bear

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I have ulcerative Colitis which is an auto-immune version of IBS. So I often need to get to a toilet quickly. 

I was driving to work one morning about 5:30am and suddenly had a really strong cramp and urge to go. And when you're in a sitting position you can't really hold it in unless you straighten up like a board. And there was no way I could hold it another 20 mins until I got to work.

So I had to slam the brakes on and jump out the car before I spiked the car seat. Only problem was I was on an A road in a village right outside a school and surrounded by houses. Luckily it was still dark, but unfortunately I had to squat inside the open passenger door in the gutter of the road and do my dirty business right there and then. Luckily I always keep some toilet roll in the boot for just such an emergency, but I'm sure it was a lovely sight for the kids walking into school that morning :S

I spend my life on the road, it can awful at time regarding toilet breaks. I struggle with my bladder and my bowels all the time. It’s the bane of my life. I’m sometimes paralysed by it or my obsession of having a toilet nearby. I’m totally done in by public toilet closures. 😵💫

• Like 1

I'm sure there's a Gin thread on here somewhere where I would have posted this but, I was told that putting gin in the freezer helps it maintain its flavour and they're right!!

It doesn't freeze if it's at or above 37.5% abv and it's already cold before you add ice. Luvverly.

As you may suspect, I've had a couple just to try it. 

• Like 1