Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Why would she lie?  Of course it happened.  Have you not seen the pic of her pile of vitamins? 

Next you'll be saying her advice on how to buy a house is credible. 

On 17/06/2022 at 20:26, The Bear said:

I have ulcerative Colitis which is an auto-immune version of IBS. So I often need to get to a toilet quickly. 

I was driving to work one morning about 5:30am and suddenly had a really strong cramp and urge to go. And when you're in a sitting position you can't really hold it in unless you straighten up like a board. And there was no way I could hold it another 20 mins until I got to work.

So I had to slam the brakes on and jump out the car before I spiked the car seat. Only problem was I was on an A road in a village right outside a school and surrounded by houses. Luckily it was still dark, but unfortunately I had to squat inside the open passenger door in the gutter of the road and do my dirty business right there and then. Luckily I always keep some toilet roll in the boot for just such an emergency, but I'm sure it was a lovely sight for the kids walking into school that morning :S

Above all well done for being honest about this. 👏👏that deserves credit.

Next time though man do it in a plastic bag ffs. Where'd you put the used shit tickets if not in a bag?

Just like with a dog but don't hang the bag on a tree.

Respect for your honesty though.

Top tip for future situations, always carry a trowel. You don't need toilet paper you can again just think about what dogs do, there's grass there to wipe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Strong front runner for "didn't happen of the year award" 2022. 

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

That’s the trouble with Apple products they can very easily be mistaken for something else ..  I was having toast for breakfast once and accidentally buttered my iPhone 11 Pro Max and ate it !!  Finally shat it out a few days later but it was really annoying when it rang whilst we were watching something on the tv ..  I wasn’t mr popular in my house I can tell you !

There could be an whole new thread here:

Tech you've mistaken for food?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Next you'll be saying her advice on how to buy a house is credible. 

She has spent much of her career helping people buy houses, and presents a TV show on how to buy houses, so I am going to go out on a limb and say yes, her advice on how to buy houses is indeed credible.  If you are going to quote the nonsense the Times published suggesting she thought young people could indeed buy houses and they just needed to cancel Netflix then you might struggle to find said article, because they deleted it and admitted the whole premise of it, that she was enraged my people saying they could not afford to buy was nonsense.  She has in fact been very critical of the structural problems in the housing market and how hard it is to find affordable property, and made of point of helping people change their expectations and look more widely to see what they can make work.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is the case across all of football but on foxestalk I find it curious that some of the most hard-line, near militant posters when it comes to tradition, identity, image, heritage and history in football clubs are some of the most liberal, progressive and open minded posters when it comes to things like identity politics, nationality, race and heritage. 

You tell someone they're not English because they aren't white, they'll be the first to come and (rightly) verbally kick the shit out of you. But if there's gold on their Leicester kit it's not a Leicester kit and the owners are imposing their culture on us. 

This is a curiosity and an observation, it isn't intended as a criticism in particular. 

Edited by Finnegan

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't know if this is the case across all of football but on foxestalk I find it curious that some of the most hard-line, near militant posters when it comes to tradition, identity, image, heritage and history in football clubs are some of the most liberal, progressive and open minded posters when it comes to things like identity politics, nationality, race and heritage. 

You tell someone they're not English because they aren't white, they'll be the first to come and (rightly) verbally kick the shit out of you. But if there's gold on their Leicester kit it's not a Leicester kit and the owners are imposing their culture on us. 

This is a curiosity and an observation, it isn't intended as a criticism in particular. 

Maybe you've answered your own question. I think anybody would find it difficult to go their whole life never clinging to any traditions or group identity so perhaps for a lot of people football - and in particular the aesthetics of football, not like hooliganism or anything - is a safe way for them to do it. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

Not important in the scheme of things, but Steve Wright is "leaving" his afternoon show on R2. The BBC say it's due to a "re-scheduling". I wonder what that means?

Anyway I, for one, won't be sorry to see him go. Got very stale repetitive and up himself and couldn't stand his show. Seems to think he is some kind of radio superstar.

Weird why we have a veneration of the worst people in society - just watching the Krays film ‘Legend’ and even though the film is great, it’s weird that the Krays have this broad appeal. 

10 hours ago, oakman said:

Weird why we have a veneration of the worst people in society - just watching the Krays film ‘Legend’ and even though the film is great, it’s weird that the Krays have this broad appeal. 

I thought the same thing when 'Buster' was released with the then housewife's favourite Phil Collins in the title role and the affable Julie Walters as his missus. Great Train robbery reduced to romcom. I often wonder what the family of Jack Mills made of it? - who was left with permanent brain damage and 250 quid in compensation. 

Just now, Line-X said:

I thought the same thing when 'Buster' was released with the then housewife's favourite Phil Collins in the title role and the affable Julie Walters as his missus. Great Train robbery reduced to romcom. I often wonder what the family of Jack Mills made of it? - who was left with permanent brain damage and 250 quid in compensation. 

Agree with this. The driver's mate I think he was called David Whitby died young too. I think the Kray film made with the Kemp brothers was surprisingly good and did not paint a glamorous picture. Never understood why a story like the Train Robbers needed to be depicted like Buster. 

I think there's an element of anti-establishment admiration in this especially with the train robbery.

My sister lived in Whitechapel towards the end of the Kray's reign and I visited her as a young lad and we went in the Blind Beggar pub and it was dump where they shot Cornell.