Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Feel like Primark doing tshirts so cheap has lead to FT posters wanting to change everything all the time. Throw away culture.

We've no patience with anyone, if they're not like a Luis Diaz instant fit player, we want rid. 

Same with BR the second we're playing a bit rubbish it's get him out, we're getting injuries sack the medical team. People wanted Kasper out because of our defending corners problem! 

Worst of all though, can't remember who but someone was saying Top isn't splashing the cash like his dad did, how anyone can have the gaul to criticise Top in anyway is just crazy to me.

So yeah t-shirts fash fashion I reckons to blame for this.

1 hour ago, Heskey2011 said:

Feel like Primark doing tshirts so cheap has lead to FT posters wanting to change everything all the time. Throw away culture.

We've no patience with anyone, if they're not like a Luis Diaz instant fit player, we want rid. 

Same with BR the second we're playing a bit rubbish it's get him out, we're getting injuries sack the medical team. People wanted Kasper out because of our defending corners problem! 

Worst of all though, can't remember who but someone was saying Top isn't splashing the cash like his dad did, how anyone can have the gaul to criticise Top in anyway is just crazy to me.

So yeah t-shirts fash fashion I reckons to blame for this.

Blaming Primark is a new one. i'll give you that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 03/07/2022 at 10:44, Line-X said:

I thought the same thing when 'Buster' was released with the then housewife's favourite Phil Collins in the title role and the affable Julie Walters as his missus. Great Train robbery reduced to romcom. I often wonder what the family of Jack Mills made of it? - who was left with permanent brain damage and 250 quid in compensation. 

Have you seen the 1967 film Robbery. Although only loosely based on the actual robbery it is a much better film. The car chase in it lead to the producers asking director Peter Yates getting the job for the famous Steve McQueen pic Bullit with another great chase scene 

I am sure this has been posted before but the use by someone of three or four exclamation marks at the end of the first sentence of their every post is really, really getting on my moobs.  Please someone make it fvcking stop. 

Ahh that's better.  Carry on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

I am sure this has been posted before but the use by someone of three or four exclamation marks at the end of the first sentence of their every post is really, really getting on my moobs.  Please someone make it fvcking stop. 

What????!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Pics or it's a lie!?!?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

It has, and I agree. I actually scroll past their posts now because it annoys me so much. Much of the time it doesn't even make sense with the context of the post. 

I'm sure people have probably been banned for less. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

It has, and I agree. I actually scroll past their posts now because it annoys me so much. Much of the time it doesn't even make sense with the context of the post. 

I'm sure people have probably been banned for less. 

Haha 😂. Banned, harsh.  But yes please.  

It's the first sentence of every post, it makes absolutely no bloody sense.  I'm glad it's not just me that it's winding up! 

I feel much better now.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Haha 😂. Banned, harsh.  But yes please.  

It's the first sentence of every post, it makes absolutely no bloody sense.  I'm glad it's not just me that it's winding up! 

I feel much better now.  

They're a bloody prolific poster too so it's hard to avoid without putting them on ignore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I actually scroll past their posts now because it annoys me so much.

52 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

42 minutes ago, Rain King said:

They're a bloody prolific poster too s

24 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I feel like I'm being shouted at every time I get a reply from them. 

Who is it ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

They're a bloody prolific poster too so it's hard to avoid without putting them on ignore.

What is this ignore of which you speak?  I've looked for a mute and could not find it.  Please help an old computer illiterate fool out? 

Mid life 'crisis'......

I'm not sure if this post belongs in the depression thread, either way, be prepared to be brought down by the comments below. I'm unloading on FT! 

As I approach the (horrific) milestone of 50, I am kinda overwhelmed and consumed by both a dread and realisation that I've led a life of staggering mediocrity. An unremarkable life. I've played it fairly safe. There's no legacy (kids apart, which I guess is the only legacy we all have in the end), no imprint. Not even any huge exotic stories from my youth to fall back on. Life has been pleasant but undramatic. 

The question is (and I'm being rhetorical, not actually asking FT) ....is that it? Did I blow it? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

What is this ignore of which you speak?  I've looked for a mute and could not find it.  Please help an old computer illiterate fool out? 

Click on Account>Ignored Users then type their username into the box.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Mid life 'crisis'......

I'm not sure if this post belongs in the depression thread, either way, be prepared to be brought down by the comments below. I'm unloading on FT! 

As I approach the (horrific) milestone of 50, I am kinda overwhelmed and consumed by both a dread and realisation that I've led a life of staggering mediocrity. An unremarkable life. I've played it fairly safe. There's no legacy (kids apart, which I guess is the only legacy we all have in the end), no imprint. Not even any huge exotic stories from my youth to fall back on. Life has been pleasant but undramatic. 

The question is (and I'm being rhetorical, not actually asking FT) ....is that it? Did I blow it? 

Don't be ridiculous. 

'I mean' what others would give to look back on their life knowing that they started the 'Birds you fancy off the telly' thread on a provincial football forum? 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Mid life 'crisis'......

I was very much like that when I turned 40. Concentrated on work and family life and didn’t really do much. I’m not naturally an outgoing or loud person so don’t really have many colourful stories from my youth.  This will never really change.  But since then, I have changed my life quite a bit, and started to do more. I have made more friends, it is making my life more interesting, and whilst not making any ‘colourful’ stories, am making more memories.  Plenty you can do, if you really want to change things.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Mid life 'crisis'......

If you have managed to bring yours kids up to kind, loving and secure then you have done a marvellous job. The late Paul Eddington said if your epitaph was He did very little harm then you have done well

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Mid life 'crisis'......

An awful lot of people in the same boat mate ..  nothing wrong with it at all ...  and better that than having a life of pain and misery ...    and now is perhaps the time if you so wish to start to do things ...   make a bucket list and then enjoy ticking them off.

Here's a couple of ideas if you really want to go for it ...   rob a bank, after spending many a happy hour casing the joint, buying a stripey top, getting your 'crew' together, and tooling up  ..  or ...   if that's a bit toooo much for you ..   go upstairs and p1ss over the next three people that come to your front door.  Either would certainly make for a good story ...   and Im sure the police would enjoy listening to it ...   :)  

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Mid life 'crisis'......

No, you've not blown it. You're only (nearly) 50. You're still alive. You could still have decades left. You just need to act on your mid-life crisis.....

Buy a Harley-Davidson, ride it up Mount Kilimanjaro wearing a tutu, at the summit make love to a beautiful woman (or man), then return to write a hilarious best-seller about your experiences while protecting the film rights.

Kids might provide some sort of legacy, if that's what you want - but hopefully and more importantly a lot of pleasure while you're still alive.

99.99% of us will leave no long-term legacy. We might be remembered for something for a short while by a few people. If we have kids, they'll remember us for perhaps 30 years. If we have grandkids, that might extend to 60 years, but they'll only remember us as old codgers, however likeable or interesting we might be. Beyond that, unless we're massive high achievers or notorious perpetrators of evil - Shakespeare or Hitler - we'll be forgotten forever, and forever lasts an awful long time....

Enjoy life now and in the coming years. Make the most of this absurd, hilarious but sometimes wonderful rollercoaster called life.

I do empathise, mind you. I'm approaching 60 and these milestones certainly focus your attention.....I want to focus on making good and sometimes exciting use of the time left, however long or short that might be. 

Have a song..... :thumbup:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

An awful lot of people in the same boat mate ..  nothing wrong with it at all ...  and better that than having a life of pain and misery ...    and now is perhaps the time if you so wish to start to do things ...   make a bucket list and then enjoy ticking them off.

Here's a couple of ideas if you really want to go for it ...   rob a bank, after spending many a happy hour casing the joint, buying a stripey top, getting your 'crew' together, and tooling up  ..  or ...   if that's a bit toooo much for you ..   go upstairs and p1ss over the next three people that come to your front door.  Either would certainly make for a good story ...   and Im sure the police would enjoy listening to it ...   :)  

Yes humdrum and being a bit bored sometimes is good. A few times I would have given a lot to have that as a main concern. I guess modern media suggests everybody is living a life of Riley. If you can count your blessings. When I think of my Mum and Dad going through the war and rationing and losing loved ones makes me do this.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

No, you've not blown it. You're only (nearly) 50. You're still alive. You could still have decades left. You just need to act on your mid-life crisis.....

Buy a Harley-Davidson, ride it up Mount Kilimanjaro wearing a tutu, at the summit make love to a beautiful woman (or man), then return to write a hilarious best-seller about your experiences while protecting the film rights.

Kids might provide some sort of legacy, if that's what you want - but hopefully and more importantly a lot of pleasure while you're still alive.

99.99% of us will leave no long-term legacy. We might be remembered for something for a short while by a few people. If we have kids, they'll remember us for perhaps 30 years. If we have grandkids, that might extend to 60 years, but they'll only remember us as old codgers, however likeable or interesting we might be. Beyond that, unless we're massive high achievers or notorious perpetrators of evil - Shakespeare or Hitler - we'll be forgotten forever, and forever lasts an awful long time....

Enjoy life now and in the coming years. Make the most of this absurd, hilarious but sometimes wonderful rollercoaster called life.

I do empathise, mind you. I'm approaching 60 and these milestones certainly focus your attention.....I want to focus on making good and sometimes exciting use of the time left, however long or short that might be. 

Have a song..... :thumbup:

What a load of cobblers Alf ..  at least you could have replied in a sensible manner ..  like wot I did ..  :whistle:

• Haha 1

Never had a "mid-life" crisis. Just a whole-life one. One unfulfilled. Just like millions of others not knowing how to gain satisfaction and happiness. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Parafox said:

Never had a "mid-life" crisis. Just a whole-life one. One unfulfilled. Just like millions of others not knowing how to gain satisfaction and happiness. 

Happiness like all emotions is temporary, we have been led to believe if we're not happy all the time we're failing.  We're not, we're just human.

• Like 1