Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

3 hours ago, Soup said:

After religiously eating an apple a day for 30 odd year's I've suddenly started to eat the whole thing. The core, seeds and stem. Don't know why I've shared this but it's blown my mind to how much goodness I've thrown away over the years 🤣

How many doctors have you seen in those thirty years. 

On 16/07/2022 at 00:49, Jattdogg said:

Cvnts!

Put Apple cider vinegar in a bowl, add plastic wrap over the tope of the bowl and poke a few holes with a tooth pick in it. Cvnts will gravitate over to the vinegar, get in and die.

Just seen this. Our conservatory draws flies like, well.. flies. The heat in there at the moment (47deg), kills them in minutes. Otherwise they **** about banging against the windows and are a real PITA. I'll try your suggestion. :thumbup:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jonthefox said:

I'm pretty regular with my morning dumps. However, every time i stop in a hotel ( or in this case a small guest house room) The toilet is always in very close proximity to my wife and kids. I find that i can't just dump because first theres a symphony of loud farts echoing around the bowl. Sometimes i have to make an excuse when we're going out , like ' oh , i've left my phone in the room' and run back up. 

Hotel/guest house toilets are unbearable. I'm so self conscious then I hear Mrs P going for a piss and it's even worse. If possible, I'll wait to get to reception then go there. The toilet, not the reception area, I mean.

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

How many doctors have you seen in those thirty years. 

Loads, and every one of them said you wouldn't be here if you'd of eaten the whole apple :D 

Edited by Soup

Smoking has become sort of taboo in this country. Maybe it's the cost of it or that the health risks are consistently drilled into us, but it's very noticeable how many more people smoke when you go to mainland Europe and the places where smoking is allowed. 

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Smoking has become sort of taboo in this country. Maybe it's the cost of it or that the health risks are consistently drilled into us, but it's very noticeable how many more people smoke when you go to mainland Europe and the places where smoking is allowed. 

Funny you say that, I was abroad for the first time since Covid and thought there were considerably less Spanish people smoking now than previously so maybe european views have shifted. That said, not sure if not seeing many smokers was due to any sort of public smoking ban in places.

35 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I could understand why people older than me started smoking. Mine was the first generation that was really alerted at a young age what smoking can do. Never understood why younger than me etc would start. Blooming pricey too.

On 09/07/2022 at 07:06, taupe said:

I thought maybe 'unpopular opinions' for this but suspect it's not that unpopular.

I don't like radio 4's Today programme. I used to think it was because of the aggressive nature of it, particularly evident in the political interviews. Then I realised it was broader than that. There's an almost smug superiority about its tone.

And its sports coverage is for those work colleagues that want to start a conversation with you - "I see Lewis Hamilton won at Silverstone yesterday" 

By contrast, Women's Hour has a much more inclusive tone and invites you into subjects, piques your interest without immediately raising your hackles.

I agree violently with every sentence of this post. 

On 19/07/2022 at 21:19, Soup said:

After religiously eating an apple a day for 30 odd year's I've suddenly started to eat the whole thing. The core, seeds and stem. Don't know why I've shared this but it's blown my mind to how much goodness I've thrown away over the years 🤣

Daughter has been a raw vegan for 10+ years.... eaten all of every apple she has eaten over those ten years... (trust me.. it is a LOT!) never any semblance of poisoning, and you are right apparently, enormous amounts of goodness and taste in there.

Youll be fine*

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Bear said:

Unless you're eating 50+ apples a day I wouldn't worry about it. 

IMG_20220720_093814.jpg

Long-term dosing will get you there, one way or other. Even if poisoning from build up doesn’t get you, secondary effects caused by it will. I’d suggest any would be poisoner uses ground cherry or apricot stones though. 

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Daughter has been a raw vegan for 10+ years.... eaten all of every apple she has eaten over those ten years... (trust me.. it is a LOT!) never any semblance of poisoning, and you are right apparently, enormous amounts of goodness and taste in there.

Youll be fine*

Yeah it's not really a concern as I did read ages ago that there isn't really a risk in the pips, unless you eat vast amounts. 

Fair play to your daughter btw. Not sure I could ever give up meat and dairy completely, 10 years is good going. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Yeah it's not really a concern as I did read ages ago that there isn't really a risk in the pips, unless you eat vast amounts. 

Fair play to your daughter btw. Not sure I could ever give up meat and dairy completely, 10 years is good going. 

Apparently quite often the pips pass straight through so even build up is unlikely.

She went vegetarian at 13...... raw vegan at 17........so hasnt eaten meat for 20 years. A better human than me :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

We’ve had decimalisation in this country since 1971. So why are dicks still measured in inches?. 

Because we use and mix both Imperial and Metric in this country willy nilly. Probably more than anywhere else. 

18300.jpeg

Edited by The Bear

On 21/07/2022 at 13:55, taupe said:

I've just been to the local supermarket to get the shopping in. It's 'quiet time' there, fewer lights and no jingles/music. There  seems to be fewer shoppers too, being French lunch time. I like it, it's sane and helps me to manage the ordeal.

Odd thing was though, there was music playing - Public Image no less. A curious but appreciated choice. Made me smile and I thought Lydon would approve.

I go up to my wife (let's say it's the cheese aisle) and remark on the music choice, saying Johnny Rotten as muzac is a real sign of changing times. She looks at me and laughs. She says "the music is from your phone in your back pocket"

This is brilliant. I did recently here something quite unusual/unexpected in a supermarket recently, but I can't recall what it was. 

While I was reading this, I was desperately trying to think of any PIL track that would be even remotely viable, and the only one I could think of was 'Rise'. I do remember seeing them doing 'Seattle' on a kids programme based at Alton Towers called 'Hold Tight'...which was highly incongruous. 

Which track was it playing from your phone?