Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

8 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

What's with the massive over-representation of black people on TV adverts? And am I the only person that notices it? Once you've noticed, you can't un-notice it either!

If you are trying to sell to the whole market, you try to represent the whole market I guess, but not proportionally.

9 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Dentists - that is all

May I add GP Surgeries?

I was asked to collect a blood test form from mine.

I'm sure it would be easier to gain access the Bank of England.

When they finally 'buzzed' me in, I was met with a receptionist who I really struggled to understand the questions she was asking me.

They also said they don't do tests there now, take the form LGH of LRI.

I mentioned one of my meds is causing problems. Go and see the pharmacy she said.

All this, plus I've never met my GP face to face to face. Everything is over the phone.

Mind you, as walk out the surgery, I notice a sign acknowledging that their telephone system is not fit for purpose and is causing major problems for patients.

My surgery seems to be outsourcing everything and making it difficult for everything else.

What a state to be in.

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Dentists - that is all

Mine are being annoying af lately. Booked an appointment, then they've cancelled and rebooked, then cancelled and rebooked again. Then get arsey when I've asked for my brother's appointment to be moved a day across to merged with mine 

14 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Every single owner of a dog on the no dogs allowed beaches on this holiday look exactly the same: bald, slightly overweight aging cockney gangster vibe 

The "rules don't apply to me" brigade. What other rules do they ignore, I wonder?

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The "rules don't apply to me" brigade. What other rules do they ignore, I wonder?

The not knocking your own wife about one for starters, I imagine.

Particularly galling today as the beach we were on is divided into two, and dogs ARE allowed on the other bit

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

I think this shows how many insects we have lost in recent years. I remember in 60s and 70s the windscreen would be covered.

Not just decades but the last 2-3 years. Whilst we were driving in France in May and the screen was smattered with them. :dunno:

On 07/08/2022 at 21:24, vandamman said:

What is the deal with the access road from LFE to the M1 service station? Seems like everyone uses it to get onto the motorway 

Shhhhh. Don't tell everyone. Locals only.

Also if you enter northbound and go home via the service road, but the following day rejoin northbound you will get a ticket as the camera thinks you stayed overnight.

You have to appeal it and they write it off.

On 11/08/2022 at 18:25, Bellend Sebastian said:

Every single owner of a dog on the no dogs allowed beaches on this holiday look exactly the same: bald, slightly overweight aging cockney gangster vibe 

If you insist on taking your vacation at Tilbury Docks then it shouldn’t be surprising. Still, handy for the secondhand stolen items as holiday souvenirs, I guess.

What is the point of Adrian Chiles?

It’s as if beige has been given a Guardian column.

Every one: “I went to see my football team, WBA if you didn’t know, and something completely normal happened. Then I wrote 350 words about it and got paid money. We will be having fish for tea.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Every one: “I went to see my football team, WBA if you didn’t know, and something completely normal happened. Then I wrote 350 words about it and got paid money. We will be having fish for tea.”

Dont think there has ever been a bigger example of someone believing their own hype as Adrian Chiles for someone who doesnt really have a lot to say.

He was decent on MOTD2 back in the day before his ego took over.

57 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The whole point of Adrian Chiles is that he reminds us of just how awful the Birmingham accent is. 

Never been to the actual city centre of Manchester until yesterday, nice city but sketchy as….

Walked out the hotel and the first guy I saw was asking me for change . Left the hotel this morning and a couple are having a domestic. Walked through Piccadilly to get the tram and there’s guys on god knows what all over the place. 

On the tram back to media city where I parked and there are flat developments all over the place, it’s going to be a real city of contrasts. It’s like they have given in on gentrifying the city centre. 

Edited by Livid

Did you know, if you park in a car park and .....go away on a coach holiday for several days (7 in my case)... When you leave the car park you say, "sorry lost my ticket"...you only pay the maximum lost ticket fee (usually one day rate)....as opposed to 7 days parking fees :) :ph34r:

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Did you know, if you park in a car park and .....go away on a coach holiday for several days (7 in my case)... When you leave the car park you say, "sorry lost my ticket"...you only pay the maximum lost ticket fee (usually one day rate)....as opposed to 7 days parking fees :) :ph34r:

Who do you say this to?

Also I wouldn't like to spend seven days on a bus lol