Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

18 hours ago, Kopic said:

I find it incredible how often my other half gets scammed online. Genuinely think I need to take her phone off her. It's like being with an 80 year old. In the past month she's lost about £200 on fake websites despite me repeatedly telling her to be careful and ask me if she isn't sure. I would laugh, but she gets so upset and we really don't have the money to lose.

How does this happen? What is she searching the internet for that results in such a cost? Can you block these sites from her access?

24 minutes ago, Parafox said:

How does this happen? What is she searching the internet for that results in such a cost? Can you block these sites from her access?

Yesterday's treat, which prompted the post, was an order she had made on what she thought was Shein (online clothes shop). Only she somehow ordered on a fake clone website. Ordered over 2 weeks ago, didn't think anything of the fact she got no confirmation email, thought nothing of the extremely dodgy charge to her card, and just mentioned it to me last night as it hadn't arrived yet. Bank are sorting it but it really winds me up. I honestly don't know how she finds these dodgy clones, it's happened multiple times. I stopped her just in time a few months ago from logging into the most obvious fake PayPal website I'd ever seen. She also fell for one of those fake courier texts last week where they ask you to pay for a redelivery, even though she works for a courier firm herself. She's a clever woman, 1st at uni, well paid high up jobs but when it comes to this stuff she just hasn't got a clue. 

I feel so utterly disenfranchised with football at the minute. It's not just how we're performing, it's the actual state of the game.

The whole thing is a ****ing shitshow. The big clubs are parasites who can do whatever the hell they want without recourse and the broadcasters are extorting the British consumer and giving them a worse deal than so-called third world countries.

The actual World Cup this year is in winter because it's in ****ING QATAR.

Make football fair again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kopic said:

Yesterday's treat, which prompted the post, was an order she had made on what she thought was Shein (online clothes shop). Only she somehow ordered on a fake clone website. Ordered over 2 weeks ago, didn't think anything of the fact she got no confirmation email, thought nothing of the extremely dodgy charge to her card, and just mentioned it to me last night as it hadn't arrived yet. Bank are sorting it but it really winds me up. I honestly don't know how she finds these dodgy clones, it's happened multiple times. I stopped her just in time a few months ago from logging into the most obvious fake PayPal website I'd ever seen. She also fell for one of those fake courier texts last week where they ask you to pay for a redelivery, even though she works for a courier firm herself. She's a clever woman, 1st at uni, well paid high up jobs but when it comes to this stuff she just hasn't got a clue. 

Super smart people having little common sense is actually pretty common I think.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I feel so utterly disenfranchised with football at the minute. It's not just how we're performing, it's the actual state of the game.

The whole thing is a ****ing shitshow. The big clubs are parasites who can do whatever the hell they want without recourse and the broadcasters are extorting the British consumer and giving them a worse deal than so-called third world countries.

The actual World Cup this year is in winter because it's in ****ING QATAR.

Make football fair again.

Its too late to stop the trajectory, fear what football will look like in 30 years time.

33 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Greatest invention of all time?

Back scratcher.

Woke up during the night with an itch in the middle of my back. I couldn't quite reach it and it was driving me bonkers.

Fortunately, we have one. It's bit like a telecscopic radio aerial with a little metal 'hand' at the end.

Oòooo, the relief. Marvellous. lol

My missus got me one of these for Christmas years ago. Cost about £3. Easily the best Christmas present I've ever received. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Back scratcher.

Woke up during the night with an itch in the middle of my back. I couldn't quite reach it and it was driving me bonkers.

Fortunately, we have one. It's bit like a telecscopic radio aerial with a little metal 'hand' at the end.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

My missus got me one of these for Christmas years ago. Cost about £3. Easily the best Christmas present I've ever received. lol

There are ones that double up as a shoe horn too. Even better :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Back scratcher.

I have one of these, but it's called @MrFoxesDeb lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Back scratcher.

When I was a kid, my Grandma had a back scratcher made of ivory or mock ivory - a carved hand on a handle. I loved it.

I wonder which relation snaffled that when she died? It should have been mine! :mad:

34 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

When I was a kid, my Grandma had a back scratcher made of ivory or mock ivory - a carved hand on a handle. I loved it.

I wonder which relation snaffled that when she died? It should have been mine! :mad:

Try the old woman next door ..  when my gran pegged it that’s where loads of her stuff ended up. I seem to remember it was only after she then died that it came to light ..  thieving little bugger ! ..  :thumbup:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Back scratcher.

Where did you get it.  I've been wanting one for ages :)

On 01/09/2022 at 07:25, Kopic said:

I find it incredible how often my other half gets scammed online. Genuinely think I need to take her phone off her. It's like being with an 80 year old. In the past month she's lost about £200 on fake websites despite me repeatedly telling her to be careful and ask me if she isn't sure. I would laugh, but she gets so upset and we really don't have the money to lose.

what has been getting her? also, can i have her email address and bank details, (just to prevent future scams) :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 01/09/2022 at 00:25, Kopic said:

My suggestion is to stick "Sophos intercept X" on your phones. It should warn you before your phone goes to any scam sites. I run it on all our families phones and it's saved us a few times with the kids following dodgy links. It also scans apps before you download them and will tell you if they have poor reputations. Doesn't stop you from doing anything but does warn you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I am miserable about Rodgers still being in charge so was just searching for the infamous Tinder Thread to cheer myself up.

What happened to it!?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was deleted, not sure if some of the posts would be accepted in 2022