Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

So apparently I'm gonna be a daddy. 

We didn't know. Missus has gone down for an emergency c section. 

If you'd fancy crossing your fingers for us, I'd appreciate it. Freaking out right now. 

Blimey, many congratulations 🎊 

I hope you're all OK, this surely must be the ultimate 'that escalated quickly' post!

Enjoy it, once you get your head round it, it's a magical time x

Glad all is well @Innovindil

Im a curious guy though, how has the missus gone 9 months without realising she has a human growing inside her? She could be a millionaire if she figures that one out and sells the secret :D

I cant even imagine how many thoughts you must have running through your head right, thats absolutely wild.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Glad all is well @Innovindil

Im a curious guy though, how has the missus gone 9 months without realising she has a human growing inside her? She could be a millionaire if she figures that one out and sells the secret :D

I cant even imagine how many thoughts you must have running through your head right, thats absolutely wild.

If I knew, I'd tell ya. 9 months of no sickness, no pains, very little weight gain (which we attributed to her being off work dossing for 3 months), regular periods...

Just mental. Still hasn't sunk in now. 

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

If I knew, I'd tell ya. 9 months of no sickness, no pains, very little weight gain (which we attributed to her being off work dossing for 3 months), regular periods...

It is mental. The thing I can't get my head round is her not feeling the baby move! Mine all had hiccups, they felt like they were doing somersaults sometimes and we saw hands, feet, bums, all sorts sticking out of my bump! Crazy, but good times x

11 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Huge congratulations to you both! 

Amazing story - just mad. You must be all over the place with trying to organise everything! 

Enjoy the fun with the new arrival, I’m sure it’ll take a little time to get your head round it all. 

(Those Sunday morning lie ins will soon be a distant memory…!!)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Thats crazy haha.

Best of luck to the both of you, im sure you'll both do a great job once its sunk in that you're parents lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Juicy peaches are the best fruit

I was thinking about this the other night in bed (as you do :D) 

Oh and by the way, nectarines are much superior to peaches because of the lack of fuzzy skin. 

Top 3 fruits? 

Pineapple

Nectarine

Strawberry 

Fresh perfectly ripe pineapple is heavenly stuff. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Oh and by the way, nectarines are much superior to peaches because of the lack of fuzzy skin. 

Top 3 fruits? 

Pineapple

Nectarine

Strawberry 

Swap the nectarine for pineapple and your bang on :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Top 3 fruits? 

Pineapple

Nectarine

Strawberry 

Mango

Pashun Froot

Pineapple

Love a tropical yoghurt, me. 

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

When at a funeral the vicars giving the 'As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death' does Gangtas paradise instantly pop into anybody else's mind?

Ha yeah man, I'm mentally belting out the lyrics in my head.

'Tell me whhhhhhyyyy you seeeee....'

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

When at a funeral the vicars giving the 'As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death' does Gangtas paradise instantly pop into anybody else's mind?

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Ha yeah man, I'm mentally belting out the lyrics in my head.

'Tell me whhhhhhyyyy you seeeee....'

Had that in my play list for many years ..  and when I listen to it ..  it has to be .. LOUD !!

15 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Came out of Stanstead airport this afternoon and felt like I'd joined the queue to see the Queen. Carpark bus queue the entire length of the terminal. Took about 2 hours.

Did the same thing on Tuesday night.

We'd booked tickets on the 01:05 megabus to London Victoria and managed to get through passport control and to the bus forecourt about 7/8 minutes before it left. We were then told the bus was full, and when we pointed out that we'd booked tickets for it we were told that 'priority closed ten minutes before leaving' so they then filled it up with people who were queuing up. 

Thankfully we managed to get on the next bus as it was so late at night there weren't so many people. But the whole thing was such a shambles and we'd just got back from Sicily which ironically seemed a lot more organised and calmer than being in the UK. 

Edited by bovril

Anyone ever had trouble with a van/car radio? Specifically mine is a ford transit connect radio. It was fine until this afternoon and now won’t load anything on the display. Just lights up and shows ‘FORD’ proving it still has power but nothing further than that.