Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Anyone ever had trouble with a van/car radio? Specifically mine is a ford transit connect radio. It was fine until this afternoon and now won’t load anything on the display. Just lights up and shows ‘FORD’ proving it still has power but nothing further than that. 

Do you have any of the little prong tools to get it out and disconnect it for a short while? Failing that disconnect the battery for 10 mins. 

It might reset, might not. Worth a try though. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

whats the deal with the corner flag meme on the LCFC twitter replies? i only watched about half an hour of the matc hat the weekend, did i miss something? (apart from lots of goals)

When clubs make statements, they tend to use club-related stock imagery to accompany the announcement. Often an image of a corner flag. 

• Thanks 1

We have an albino tadpole in our pond. Spotted it weeks ago and whilst other conventional ones have grown into little froglets then, erm, hopped it, my little white friend seems to have stalled.

I say white, when I scooped it out for a closer look, it was a light golden colour.

I'm afraid he/she is the only one in there now and I'm feeling really quite sorry for it. Hope it too matures into a frog. Got a feeling nature will have other ideas. :cry:

Gosh! I'm a big softy.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

My mum does the same. Picks stuff up in the January sales and when she finds stuff cheap throughout the year. 

I knew someone that did that; bought boxes of Christmas cards in the January sales. Stuck me as weird but to each their own as they say. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Wymsey said:

A bit silly, yes, but have done Christmas shopping already (before prices are bound to increase more in the next month or two).

No not at all. Pre covid, There was one year I did my Xmas shopping on Xmas eve. Sales started got loads of 3 for 2 offers as well. Made a list went in left in an hour. Got loads of bargains.

I have also bought presents for birthdays for the kids in Jan sales throughout the year. If it works and saves money, nothing daft in that. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, taupe said:

I knew someone that did that; bought boxes of Christmas cards in the January sales. Stuck me as weird but to each their own as they say. 

I always used to buy my Christmas cards and wrapping paper in the January sales. I'd usually forget where I'd put them though, and just end up buying them again lol

How the hell can Nike expect people to pay £114 for a ****ing England shirt? Not just in this current climate but ever! I remember early to late 2000's where you would get a England shirt for no more then £25 when it was umbro. And they were better shirts. Everyone had one because they were affordable. Absolute joke. 

Screenshot_20220926_203715_com.android.chrome_edit_13843793907261.jpg

1 hour ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

How the hell can Nike expect people to pay £114 for a ****ing England shirt? Not just in this current climate but ever! I remember early to late 2000's where you would get a England shirt for no more then £25 when it was umbro. And they were better shirts. Everyone had one because they were affordable. Absolute joke. 

The correlation of kits getting progressively worse and more expensive is remarkable. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

1 hour ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Where on earth were you getting England shirts for £25  lol 

On 23/09/2022 at 18:55, Free Falling Foxes said:

We have an albino tadpole in our pond. Spotted it weeks ago and whilst other conventional ones have grown into little froglets then, erm, hopped it, my little white friend seems to have stalled.

I say white, when I scooped it out for a closer look, it was a light golden colour.

I'm afraid he/she is the only one in there now and I'm feeling really quite sorry for it. Hope it too matures into a frog. Got a feeling nature will have other ideas. :cry:

Gosh! I'm a big softy.

Update please? :ph34r: