Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

4 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

The power of football

I've felt rough the last 3 days or so and was doing a Covid check each day - sometimes twice. All negative.

This morning it was positive. :mellow:

Felt even worse at half-time today but when we scored those 3 quick goals, the adrenaline rush wiped all the symptoms out, I felt totally well. :D

Feeling bit groggy again now though. Unsurprisingly.

Have you considered changing allegiance to Liverpool, at least for the next few days. 

Pretty much nailed on to feel top of the world come Tuesday evening :thumbup:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Milo said:

Have you considered changing allegiance to Liverpool, at least for the next few days. 

Pretty much nailed on to feel top of the world come Tuesday evening :thumbup:

It would be a Leicester fan’s luck to change allegiance for Tuesday night and for Liverpool to get hammered.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I decided (being self-employed) that paying tax by DD monthly might be a less stressful way to deal with the burden - no idea why I didn't do it sooner.

Was it an option to do this previously? 

My wife is also self employed and has said exactly the same.
I think the past financial year was either the first time that this was an option, or that HMRC made it easier/promoted it. 

Saying that, she’s just been told that she’ll have to pay the January payment (on account)? in full again, so maybe they’ve reverted? 

51 minutes ago, Milo said:

I think the past financial year was either the first time that this was an option, or that HMRC made it easier/promoted it. 

Saying that, she’s just been told that she’ll have to pay the January payment (on account)? in full again, so maybe they’ve reverted? 

No, I had to pay the remainder from the last tax year, but from now on, it's the grown up option.

7 hours ago, Milo said:

Surely what she is paying monthly must go into her account, so she shouldn't have to pay again.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Surely what she is paying monthly must go into her account, so she shouldn't have to pay again.

No too sure, mate (I don’t pay too much attention, if truth be told)!

But, as @HighPeakFox  touched on above, I do remember her saying last year that she now paid her tax by DD, rather than paying x thousand pounds in one hit, and wishes that HMRC had offered this previously. 

But she did say last week that she now has a biggish tax bill due next week, and wasn’t hugely happy with it. So maybe they’ve reverted back to the old way (?).

2 hours ago, Milo said:

No too sure, mate (I don’t pay too much attention, if truth be told)!

But, as @HighPeakFox  touched on above, I do remember her saying last year that she now paid her tax by DD, rather than paying x thousand pounds in one hit, and wishes that HMRC had offered this previously. 

But she did say last week that she now has a biggish tax bill due next week, and wasn’t hugely happy with it. So maybe they’ve reverted back to the old way (?).

The only explanation I can think of right now is that the tax burden has increased beyond the scope of the original direct debit. 

Or just maybe it's an automated notification and their systems haven't caught up yet. A phone call (if she can get through) might provide an answer. 

• Like 1

Is there anybody on here who knows anything about submitting a 'Block Plan' for planning permission? We are currently trying to apply to knock down a small section of stone wall to enable a driveway to be widened. To make it a little more complicated the wall itself is in a conservation area so we need to go about it the right way. We have sent photos and a 'site' plan to the council (Hinckley & Bosworth) but they say we need to mark it out on a block plan so they can see the exact position of the section to be removed and where it is in relation to the property etc.. Our argument is that a block plan doesn't show the wall and they are such a small scale that trying to mark a 2.2metre section of wall (that isn't on the plan) out of a boundary nearly 12 metres long is going to be virtually impossible as they want it to scale as well. We have sent photos of the area we wish to take down and even put the measurements of each part of the boundary i.e wall, driveway, wall, gateway but they insist we send a block plan. Obviously we need to try and keep them onside but its like you are up against it before they even put the application through.

Any advice much appreciated.

8 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

Is there anybody on here who knows anything about submitting a 'Block Plan' for planning permission? We are currently trying to apply to knock down a small section of stone wall to enable a driveway to be widened. To make it a little more complicated the wall itself is in a conservation area so we need to go about it the right way. We have sent photos and a 'site' plan to the council (Hinckley & Bosworth) but they say we need to mark it out on a block plan so they can see the exact position of the section to be removed and where it is in relation to the property etc.. Our argument is that a block plan doesn't show the wall and they are such a small scale that trying to mark a 2.2metre section of wall (that isn't on the plan) out of a boundary nearly 12 metres long is going to be virtually impossible as they want it to scale as well. We have sent photos of the area we wish to take down and even put the measurements of each part of the boundary i.e wall, driveway, wall, gateway but they insist we send a block plan. Obviously we need to try and keep them onside but its like you are up against it before they even put the application through.

If in doubt, @Buce

14 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

The block plan normally has the red line boundary.

For something simple like this I would use a Google map and mark over the top what you are doing as well as showing a red line for the boundary.

If you need a proper block plan, then you can buy an OS plan of your garden from:

https://www.buyaplan.co.uk/ordnance-survey-plans-maps

1 hour ago, NAKC20 said:

Is there anybody on here who knows anything about submitting a 'Block Plan' for planning permission? 

Normally a block plan and site plan are interchangeable terminology Your site plan should have shown the site boundaries, the proposed development and other buildings on site specifying all dimensions.

If in doubt, speak to a planning officer about what is needed  - I am sure that would be helpful!

1 hour ago, kenny said:

The block plan normally has the red line boundary.

For something simple like this I would use a Google map and mark over the top what you are doing as well as showing a red line for the boundary.

If you need a proper block plan, then you can buy an OS plan of your garden from:

https://www.buyaplan.co.uk/ordnance-survey-plans-maps

Thanks for the reply. We have seen that website and for £8 to get a block plan is not the end of the world, however, we have sent a site plan from HM Land Registry with the boundary marked in red. We have also tried to mark the section of wall we want to remove but with the 12 metre long boundary only being about 12-14MM long on the scale they want it in how are you realistically going to mark a 2.2 Metre section on said plan remembering they want it to scale

We have gone back again to the planning officer asking the difference but all we get back is you need to send a block plan showing the section of wall you want to remove. How can you mark something on a plan if it is not on the plan!!!!

At the end of the day no doubt we will end up getting a block plan and sending this off but it is so frustrating having to pay for something that we already have and do exactly the same thing and all of this is even before it is submitted for approval. We sent of the original application early November and had the first reply the week before Christmas, I dread to think how long it will take once we finally get it accepted.

7 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

Thanks for the reply. We have seen that website and for £8 to get a block plan is not the end of the world, however, we have sent a site plan from HM Land Registry with the boundary marked in red. We have also tried to mark the section of wall we want to remove but with the 12 metre long boundary only being about 12-14MM long on the scale they want it in how are you realistically going to mark a 2.2 Metre section on said plan remembering they want it to scale

We have gone back again to the planning officer asking the difference but all we get back is you need to send a block plan showing the section of wall you want to remove. How can you mark something on a plan if it is not on the plan!!!!

At the end of the day no doubt we will end up getting a block plan and sending this off but it is so frustrating having to pay for something that we already have and do exactly the same thing and all of this is even before it is submitted for approval. We sent of the original application early November and had the first reply the week before Christmas, I dread to think how long it will take once we finally get it accepted.

They might be expecting an architectural drawing which would be in the order of £250-400.

Keep hoping that the os plan is all they want!

20 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Normally a block plan and site plan are interchangeable terminology Your site plan should have shown the site boundaries, the proposed development and other buildings on site specifying all dimensions.

If in doubt, speak to a planning officer about what is needed  - I am sure that would be helpful!

You don't deal with planning officers often do you! They should be glad they don't live in Blaby, horrendous to deal with.

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

They might be expecting an architectural drawing which would be in the order of £250-400.

Keep hoping that the os plan is all they want!

I think he must be on commission for the amount of times he has mentioned block plan. 

£250~£400 It wont cost that much to knock the piggin' wall down!!!

Luckily I don't get involved with planning stuff to often but I do know enough that they can make your life hell should you upset them. The annoying thing is the street it is on has had more building work done on it over the last few years that taking down just over 2metres of wall will go completely unnoticed in many peoples eyes and they have said that creating another off road parking space is invaluable.

Surely in this day and age all they have to do is look on Google maps to see the wall and go from that.

Just now, NAKC20 said:

I think he must be on commission for the amount of times he has mentioned block plan. 

£250~£400 It wont cost that much to knock the piggin' wall down!!!

Luckily I don't get involved with planning stuff to often but I do know enough that they can make your life hell should you upset them. The annoying thing is the street it is on has had more building work done on it over the last few years that taking down just over 2metres of wall will go completely unnoticed in many peoples eyes and they have said that creating another off road parking space is invaluable.

Surely in this day and age all they have to do is look on Google maps to see the wall and go from that.

Local government. Got to keep them in jobs I'm afraid!

• Like 1