Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

Guest Hansifüx

For some reason the Turkish national team has many and maybe too many left footed players and I personally think the following left footed players have great potential:

1. Abdülkadir Ömür (offensive midfield, right wing)
2. Yusuf Yazici (anywhere in the midfield or right wing, and recently also used as a forward)
3. Irfan Can Kahveci (anywhere in the midfield. but often used as central/offensive midfielder or left winger)

My thoughts: 
Nr 1 could be physically not strong enough Nr 2 is very heavily left footed and bad in the air, and potentially too expensive since he already plays in Europe. considering Nr 3 I can not think of any specific weakness other than maybe being inconsistent or demotivated but I suspect this is due to the team he is playing for.  

The first two had an ACL injury last season and have recently returned to full fitness with 
Yazici (who was bought last season by Lille to replace Pepe) scoring 3 in the last UEFA cup round for lille. 
I personally think number 3 (who also has some experience playing CL) would be a good deal and could strengthen any PL team, with 25 years of age he is the oldest but probably also the cheapest. 

20 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

For some reason the Turkish national team has many and maybe too many left footed players and I personally think the following left footed players have great potential:

1. Abdülkadir Ömür (offensive midfield, right wing)
2. Yusuf Yazici (anywhere in the midfield or right wing, and recently also used as a forward)
3. Irfan Can Kahveci (anywhere in the midfield. but often used as central/offensive midfielder or left winger)

My thoughts: 
Nr 1 could be physically not strong enough Nr 2 is very heavily left footed and bad in the air, and potentially too expensive since he already plays in Europe. considering Nr 3 I can not think of any specific weakness other than maybe being inconsistent or demotivated but I suspect this is due to the team he is playing for.  

The first two had an ACL injury last season and have recently returned to full fitness with 
Yazici (who was bought last season by Lille to replace Pepe) scoring 3 in the last UEFA cup round for lille. 
I personally think number 3 (who also has some experience playing CL) would be a good deal and could strengthen any PL team, with 25 years of age he is the oldest but probably also the cheapest. 

Who does no 3 play for... and for how long

Edited by foxinsocks

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Left footed right winger, a cheaper Florian Thauvin if we are looking to pick up a bosman to replace Gray on modest wages.

For free, he would be a banger. His injury doesn't seem to have held him back too much.

On the striking front, I'd be quite happy with Celtic's Edouard. Always suspicious of SPL players given the quality of opposition. But he has a good pedigree in coming through PSG's academy, he's young and is a decent height, and has a good strike rate in a below-average Celtic side. 

image.thumb.png.75be407b294421b8253baf1f2e6e8ed8.png

Lovely smile too :wub:

• Like 1

Van Aanholt on a 2 year deal.

- Contract expires soon. Can sign him for free in the summer or for a cheap price in January. 
- PL experienced, Dutch international

- Fits in well with our playstyle (athletic, quick, attacking fullback)

- Arguably an upgrade on Fuchs, Thomas & possibly even Justin.

- Allows us to loan out Thomas so he can gain some experience. 

- Counts as a homegrown player. 
- Knows the club from his loanspell

Definitely not at the level of Ricardo or Castagne, but not many players are. Think he’d be a good squad player and can eventually be replaced by Thomas when he’s ready. 

• Like 4

Not sure why we didn’t attempt to get milik on loan on deadline day.  He was obviously available, would have been a perfect loan with option signing.

wouldnt go for him now as the time off must have taken its toll and would take too long to get him up to speed 

Guest Hansifüx
3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Who does no 3 play for... and for how long

He plays for Basaksehir (Istanbul) since 2017. The same team that Cengiz Under played before moving to Roma. Basaksehir is for the second time in the champions league but without any real ambition or realistic chances.  

If you are interested more there is some info here

https://www.transfermarkt.com/irfan-can-kahveci/profil/spieler/216603

And here is a video (not really a good video, and please just ignore the salute, it was a thing that the turkish players did for a short time), anyway the video  might help to get an idea of what kind of a player he is.  I think there were rumours he would leave for Sevilla  or Fenerbahce (thus the flags/symbols on the right hand side ) ... which didn't happen. 

I have seen him mainly play for the national team and there I thought he was quick, very good on the ball, he can hold the ball and distribute very well,  can score from outside the box and provides good crosses. 

btw. just saw that basaksehir is playing against Man United on Wednesday...  lets see if he does well ... 

Edited by Hansifüx
additional info

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Not sure why we didn’t attempt to get milik on loan on deadline day.  He was obviously available, would have been a perfect loan with option signing.

wouldnt go for him now as the time off must have taken its toll and would take too long to get him up to speed 

Who's to say we didn't try? 

14 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Someone Dutch and called Van der Something. Will make us even more cosmopolitan. Might even annoy Brexity people too.

Brexit is done, it's all coronavirus and trumpbiden that keeps the plebs fighting amongst each other at the moment mate

2 hours ago, Shane said:

- Contract expires soon. Can sign him for free in the summer or for a cheap price in January. 

Definitely not at the level of Ricardo or Castagne, but not many players are. Think he’d be a good squad player and can eventually be replaced by Thomas when he’s ready. 

Good shout

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Probably makes sense but I can't get past my dislike of him from last time he was here. Was bloody awful.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who's to say we didn't try? 

They would have taken any offer, if we wanted him it would have happened. Seems like he could have been a good risk free cover for Vardy. Perhaps we werent willing to get another striker unless slimani was off

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Edouard is having a poor season, let's hope it's a case of being ready to leave and his form has dropped rather than he's not as good as first thought. 

It's been a multitude of things, he had been taking injections to play apparently the first six weeks of the season then he's been out for a few weeks lately having covid. His form amongst all of that has been poor but class is permanent, have no fears in a few weeks he'll be flying again. He looked a lot sharper today.

• Like 1